Drunk

HERSHE
"Guys... I said... I can walk on my own... No need to carry me... Let go of me... now..." Irene commanded. Seulgi and Eric were assisting her to walk, her arms draped around their shoulders.
 
It turned out, Irene did enjoy the drink. Too much, in fact, as she kept filling her glass like she was not aware that it's a mixture of alcohol and other stuff. After an hour, she became so talkative which lead Seulgi to think she's drunk and that it's time to take her home.
 
Krystal, on the other hand, was having a good time with the bar owner. Amber volunteered to drive the lady home later by herself.
 
"Yeah, you could walk on your own," said Seulgi, trying her best to carry Irene, "but you keep on stumbling, you know."
 
"It's because... it's because... I can't feel my legs..."
 
Seulgi adjusted Irene's arms on her shoulders. "If you were feeling something strange about your legs earlier, why did you drink a lot?"
 
Irene tilted her head to Seulgi and drew her face closer before smiling. "Because... it tastes... soooooo... goooood..."
 
Seulgi could only sigh. She wondered how Irene can still be so cute even when drunk. She might not have admitted it before but she's getting fond of Irene lately.
 
"Seulgi," called Eric who's also drunk but not like Irene. "How far more is it? I... I don't remember where we parked the car..."
 
"We're close, Eric. We're now in the parking lot."
 
"Oh. Good. My house is... it is just around the corner. You'd have to drop me off first before Irene as I believe she lives further..."
 
"Yeah, I'll do that."
 
"Thanks, man..."
 
Seulgi smiled to herself. This is the first time she had gotten out for a drink after a year of abstinence. It's undeniable that her source of joy that night is the wasted lady they are carrying now. It just pleases her to know more things about Irene. It makes her feel closer to her.
 
Irene kept talking about random stuff while they walk to the parking lot. Upon reaching the car, they assisted her to sit in the back seat. Eric sat in front. They drove immediately and reached Eric's home first.
 
Irene looked out the window when she felt the car stopped. She squinted her eyes, observing the house in front of her. "So... this is... your place?"
 
"Yes..." said Eric, stepping out of the car.
 
Irene frowned. "It doesn't seem to look like a happy house..."
 
Seulgi and Eric laughed.
 
"Let her be. She's drunk," said Seulgi, glancing at the passenger behind.
 
Eric leaned in the rolled-down car window. "Thanks, Seulgi. I'm too dizzy right now. I should be the one accompanying her home."
 
"No worries. I enjoyed tonight."
 
"Me too. I'll see you on Monday. Just ask Irene where her address is, okay?" Eric pulled back and waved goodbye.
 
"Will do!" Seulgi gestured a salute and stepped on the accelerator.
 
Her familiar car looked like a different world now. Seulgi felt like her night had just started. Irene is in the back seat looking out the window.
 
"Irene...?"
 
Irene turned at the call, leaning an arm against the back of the seat. "Yes, honey?"
 
Seulgi almost choked on that. "A-are you okay?"
 
Irene moved in closer, almost leaning her chin on Seulgi's shoulder. "Never been better! Just glad that the entire nuisance had disappeared now."
 
Seulgi doesn't have any idea what nuisance Irene is talking about. "Could you tell me where your address is?"
 
"And why are you asking?"
 
"I'm driving you home."
 
"I don't want to go home yet, honey..."
 
Seulgi can't control herself blushing. "Where do you want to go then?"
 
"I don't know..." Irene reclined in the back seat, her hair covering her face. "Let's just stay like this for now."
 
When they reached the highway, Irene was no longer responsive. Seulgi saw her passenger already lying at the back. She had to stop on the side road to check if Irene is still breathing.
 
Seulgi opened the back door and tugged Irene's sleeve. "Hey, Bae. Wake up..."
 
"Mmmm..."
 
"Could you tell me where you live so I could take you there?"
 
Irene didn't answer.
 
"Irene, c'mon..."
 
Silence.
 
Seulgi glanced at her wristwatch. It's already 1:30 am, and she's tired. She blew air from and scratched her head. She went back to the driver's seat and put on her seat belt.
 
Not knowing where else to go, Seulgi decided to bring the drunken lady to her apartment.
 
She tried to wake up Irene again when they arrived at the building parking lot. The latter didn't even move. Seulgi had no choice but to carry the drunken passenger up.
 
Good thing it's 2:00 am. There were no people around that time except for the security guards. She piggybacked Irene from the parking lot to the elevator, to her room.
 
"Home sweet home," she murmured upon entering her room.
 
Seulgi went directly to the bedroom. She sat on the bed and gently disentangled the arms around her neck. Irene fell like a lifeless body on the bed.
 
"Honey..." Irene mumbled. "Where... are... we...?"
 
Seulgi smiled at the cuteness of her visitor. She laid on her side, head on her hand.
 
"We're in my apartment. You're not telling me your address. I don't know where else to go."
 
Irene shifted, turning her whole body to face Seulgi. Her face covered by her hair. "Could you... buy me... a ramen tomorrow?"
 
"A ramen? Yeah. I can do that."
 
"I've been... thinking of eating ramen for... a week now. I'm... craving... for it..."
 
Seulgi smiled. Drunken or not, Irene is still adorable. "Are you sleepy?"
 
"No..."
 
"How are you feeling now?"
 
"Head... ache..."
 
"Can you feel your legs yet?"
 
Irene shook her head.
 
Although Seulgi can't see Irene's eyes because of her hair, she knows that her eyes are closed.
 
"Seulgi..."
 
"Yes?"
 
"Do you... like Krystal...?"
 
"Well, she's fun to be with, so... yeah... I like her." Seulgi nodded.
 
"Do you like her... more than me...?"
 
"Err... I like her in a way because she's so kind to me. But you, I like you even though you're not kind to me."
 
"So... which of us do you... really like? Me... or Krystal...?"
 
Seulgi doesn't know what that question meant. She cannot control herself anymore. Her right hand wandered on Irene's face, brushing the latter's hair behind her ears.
 
"I like you more, Bae."
 
Irene's exposed face now revealed her closed eyes. It's like she's just sleep-talking. "But you know Seulgi... I'm not... like Krystal..."
 
"In what way?"
 
"I... I... won't fall for you..."
 
Seulgi's hands clenched. "I... I know that..."
 
"But... I want to keep you as a friend..."
 
Seulgi hummed.
 
"Seulgi?"
 
"Mmm?"
 
"Could you... please... stay by my side tonight...?"
 
Seulgi moved back to face the ceiling.