Plan

HERSHE
"Eric."
 
Eric saw a chat notification from Krystal. He quickly typed in his reply.
 
"Hey. What's up?"
 
"Any visitors today?"
 
Eric chuckled.
 
"Yeah, every day. Today was someone from HR. She says she just wanted to ask about some of Seulgi's requirements. I doubt it."
 
"Is there anyone that Seulgi seemed to have shown any interest in yet?"
 
"As far as I can see, none."
 
"That's good!"
 
Eric wasn't interested in replying again until he saw another message from Krystal.
 
"Hey, do you really like Irene?"
 
"I do. Why?"
 
"Well, I have this proposal."
 
"Is this something good?"
 
"Of course, silly. This will benefit both of us ;-)"
 
"Tell me more about it :-D"
 
"The plan is I'll help you with Irene while you help me with Seulgi."
 
"That sounds fair. When do we start?"
 
"Tonight."
 
---
 
It was the end of the day. Seulgi is already wrapping her things up when Eric approached her.
 
"Hey, Seulgi. Going home now?"
 
"Almost. Just sending a few more emails to clients."
 
Eric sat on Seulgi's table. "You seem to be in a hurry. Do you have plans for later?"
 
"Mmm. None on top of my head now. Why?"
 
"It's just that I noticed that you've been here for over four months now but haven't hung out with us yet."
 
Seulgi hummed. "Now that you mention it, yeah, you're right. I didn't notice that myself."
 
"So, do you want to go with us later?"
 
"With whom?"
 
"Irene and Krystal invited us to go out. You know, it's Friday. We want to unwind for a bit. Plus, they want to celebrate the approval of the lipstick ad. You and Irene did a great job on that," said Eric, giving a light tap on Seulgi's shoulder.
 
Seulgi initially planned to turn down the offer until a specific name was mentioned. "Is it gonna be just the four of us? With Irene and Krystal?"
 
"Yeah. Yeah. The girls are expecting you'd come."
 
Seulgi's face lit up. "I guess, that sounds like a good plan."
 
Eric couldn't be happier. "Cool."
 
---
 
"Irene, do you want to hang out later?"
 
Irene, who's never really a fan of going out, immediately shook her head at Krystal. "Nah, I just want to rest tonight. It was a stressful week."
 
"It's not every day that I get to go out with you." Krystal pouted.
 
"But we're together every day. We even sit across from each other."
 
Krystal sighed. "Just this once, Irene. Come on."
 
"I'm exhausted, Krystal."
 
"That's sad. Eric and Seulgi were expecting you'd come."
 
Irene stopped arranging her things to look at Krystal. "T-they are coming with us?"
 
"Yeah. It's just the four of us. They thought we should celebrate the approval of your project with Seulgi."
 
Irene stared at Krystal. "Are you sure that it's just the four of us?"
 
"Yeah. Do you want to bring someone else?"
 
"No."
 
Krystal grinned. "Does that mean you're coming?"
 
"Fine. But I don't want to get drunk, okay?"
 
"Oh. You won't be."
 
---
 
The four of them met in the hallway near the lift area.
 
"There you are, guys!" Krystal exclaimed. She looped her arms through Seulgi and looked at Eric. "Where are we going, mister?"
 
Seulgi gave Irene a small smile. Irene returned it but turned away immediately.
 
"I have this place in mind right now. However, we might want to take a cab. My car's busted." Eric looked at Seulgi. "Seulgi volunteered to drive us around."
 
"Wow. That's cool!" said Krystal.
 
"Just let me know where and we're good to go." Seulgi smiled.
 
"Perfect." Eric looked at Irene. "Shall we?"
 
---
 
Eric asked Seulgi to drive to a place called AmBar--one of the most famous bars in town as it offers a restaurant, a bar, and a dance floor.
 
They arrived at the place and went to the third floor for the nice city view. Seulgi sat in front of Irene, beside Krystal. They ordered food and started digging in.
 
It was halfway through the meal when Irene noticed how Seulgi kept looking in her direction.
 
"Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked.
 
Seulgi blinked. "Oh. I... uh... I was just wondering if you're okay. You don't look like you're enjoying yourself."
 
Irene stared at Seulgi. Deep inside she knows what Seulgi is talking about. She is not in her best mood, probably because of a certain person named Krystal.
 
The moment they entered that place, Krystal kept clinging onto Seulgi like a koala. Sometimes she does this obvious flirty act like hitting Seulgi's arm or shoulder, or touching Seulgi's hair like she's fixing it. It's just too obvious and Seulgi doesn't seem to mind it.
 
"Are you all right, Irene?" Eric scooted closer.
 
Irene gave a sweet smile. "I'm okay, don't worry. It's just that the stress from work has taken its toll on me."
 
It's weird because she can still feel Seulgi's eyes on her.
 
"It's okay. That's why we're here. We need to unwind," said Eric. "Just forget about the office work for now. Let's enjoy the night." He brought his hands to her shoulders and started massaging it.
 
"I will. Thanks for taking me out tonight." Irene smiled again.
 
"No worries. My pleasure." Eric finally pulled his hands.
 
"What the , Seul, is that you?"
 
Hearing the voice, Irene looked back up and saw Seulgi standing up, hugging the person.
 
"Amber!"
 
"Oh my goodness! You're back from the dead, Seulgi!"
 
"I know!" Seulgi laughed.
 
"How are you, dude? I haven't seen you in a long time!"
 
"I've been busy with studies last year. After graduation, I started working right away."
 
"Really, why you didn't tell me? Why did you visit just now?"
 
"Too busy. I just had some night out with my coworkers. Come here." Seulgi led Amber to their table. "Guys, it is with great honor and pleasure that I introduce to you the owner of this bar, Amber, my friend."
 
Irene couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. Yes, another lesbian. Compared to Seulgi, this one looked manlier with shorter hair and masculine clothes.
 
"T-the owner of this bar?" asked Eric.
 
Amber nodded. "Don't be surprised. In case you guys didn't know," she put her arms around Seulgi's neck and messed her hair, "this kiddo here is a richer brat."
 
Seulgi fought until Amber let her go. "Stop it. You're messing my hair, dude."
 
Eric stands up and offers his hand. "By the way, I'm Eric. Nice to meet you."
 
"Likewise." Amber shook his hand. Her eyes shifted to Irene.
 
"Irene." Irene stretched her hand for a shake.
 
Amber bowed. "Nice to meet you, Ms. Irene."
 
Krystal stood up and stretched her right arm out too. "Hi, Amber. I'm Krystal."
 
Amber's eyes flickered. She held Krystal's hand and kissed it. "It's my pleasure to meet you, my lady."
 
Irene rolled her eyes. She's not mad at her best friend. It's just that there are times she gets irritated by Krystal's eagerness to find true love. The fact that she easily falls for someone, and loves flirting a lot, doesn't really help her in finding the right person.
 
"I hope you guys are enjoying your stay here." Amber rubbed her palms together. "If there's anything I can help you with, let me know. I can be your personal host for tonight."
 
"Do you have any special drinks you could offer us?" asked Krystal.
 
"I could offer you our specialty house drink." Amber looked at Seulgi.
 
"Yeah. I tell you guys, it's the best." Seulgi raised her two thumbs up.
 
"But if all of you are driving home, I won't tolerate you drinking," Amber warned.
 
"It's fine, give it to them. I'm driving them home."
 
"Seulgi, the last time you said that I remember receiving a call from a crying Joy, telling me you're in a hospital."
 
Seulgi laughed at the memory. "It's different this time. I won't drink. I promise. I just want them to experience it."
 
"What's so special about it?" asked Krystal.
 
"It's chocolate-flavored liquor," said Amber, looking eagerly at Krystal. "It's sweet like you're drinking a chocolate drink, with menthol catch, but it can get you drunk easily."
 
"Ooh. Sounds inviting." Krystal smirked.
 
"I'd love to have that but I don't think Irene wants to have a drinking session tonight." Eric placed an arm around Irene's shoulder.
 
And Irene didn't miss the slight frown forming on Seulgi's face.
 
"Thanks, Amber," said Eric.
 
"No problem. Thanks for visiting here. Just let me know if you need anything else." Amber turned to Seulgi. "Hey, how's you and Joy?"
 
After hearing it twice, that name finally caught Irene's attention.
 
"I... I haven't heard from her since she left last year..." said Seulgi.
 
"Dude, I met her last week, here!"
 
"Really?"
 
"It's her, believe me. I'm not sure when she came back. Don't tell me she hasn't contacted you yet?"
 
Seulgi bit her lower lip and shook her head.
 
Amber scratched her chin. "Well... I don't know what's on her mind..."
 
Seulgi sighed.
 
"In that case, let me know any news about you, okay?" Amber tapped her.
 
"Yeah, thanks, Amber."
 
"I must attend to the other guests, excuse me for now." Amber bowed and left them.
 
Seulgi sat back down in front of Irene. "C'mon, let's finish the food before it runs out from our plates."
 
"Seulgi, why didn't you tell us you knew the owner of this bar?" asked Eric.
 
Seulgi sipped on her soda. "I didn't think we'd bump into each other tonight. That person is too busy to pee."
 
"So, you used to go here often?" asked Krystal.
 
"Yeah, before, with some friends."
 
Irene is thinking if that Joy is one of those "friends".
 
"About that choco drink, I really think you guys should have it," said Seulgi. "Don't worry. I won't drink tonight so I could drive us all home safely."
 
"Yeah, I'm curious about that too. If Irene doesn't want to drink, then we'll just order for Eric and me," said Krystal.
 
"Good idea. We shouldn't let Seulgi drink. Nobody wants to wake up in the hospital tomorrow," Eric joked and everyone laughed.
 
"Irene, do you prefer soda? Or I can get you iced-tea," asked Seulgi.
 
While thinking about it, Krystal wrapped her arms around Seulgi's waist, leaning her head on the latter's shoulder.
 
Feeling comfortable, Seulgi rested her head on Krystal's.
 
Irene clenched both her fists on the table. "Let's all have that choco drink!"