mrs. kwon-lee (epilogue pt. 1)

there's certain dreams that you gotta keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note:

Hey fam, sorry it took me so long to write the epilogue, i kind of needed a break from writing. But thank you for patiently waiting, I really hope you guys like it.

 

3 months later

 

It was late at night. Chaeyeon hears the wind blowing harshly outside as a storm rolls into the neighborhood. Even the sound of the rain blocked out most of her thoughts by being too loud. When she sees a lightning flash through the curtains, she braces herself and waits for the clap of thunder coming after. It booms. And Chaeyeon feels the chills running down her spine. 

 

She couldn’t believe this was how her night is going. Not to mention, she has to sleep in the guestroom, cold and all alone the night before the most important day of her life. She wonders how her night ended up like this when it had started out so well. 

 

The Kwon residence was only filled with light snoring from little Wonyoung, and whispered conversations between Eunbi and Chaeyeon. Everything had been calm and peaceful, until...

 

“GET OUT! I don’t want to see you!” Eunbi throws a pillow at the door.

 

Chaeyeon stood outside the bedroom, a step away from the door as it almost smashed into her face. She puts her face closer to the door to talk to the annoyed singer. “Bi, c’mon. This is so stupid. Let me in.” Chaeyeon tries to push the door open but found it locked.

 

“Well you should’ve thought things through before you ran your mouth," Eunbi retorts, her voice quiet but still audible, which meant the singer was probably standing by the door as well.

 

The teacher leans her forehead against the door and sighs. “I’m sorry. Please, won’t you let me in?”

 

It was silent for a moment, and the teacher thought the other woman would unlock the door so they could both go back to sleep, but that didn’t happen. Instead, she only heard Eunbi say, “Go sleep in the guestroom, Lee Chaeyeon.”

 

And she did. Or at least, Chaeyeon tried to. But sleeping without Eunbi was difficult. She didn’t know when her body started needing to feel Eunbi’s body close to hers, but Chaeyeon doesn’t think it will stop soon.

 

Chaeyeon tosses and turns a bit more before exhaustion made her stay in on position. And even then, sleep refused to claim her. Chaeyeon lay there in the darkness of the room.

 

All of a sudden, the door opens and a quiet steps followed. Chaeyeon didn’t need to look to know that it was Eunbi. Chaeyeon stays in her position, her back facing the singer. Then, the door closes and the light shuffling on the floor grew nearer, until Chaeyeon sees the shadow looming over her. The room was too dark for either of them to see each other’s faces.

 

“Can’t sleep?” Chaeyeon asks the figure.

 

What she got in reply was a sigh. The singer climbs into bed and slides under the covers. Eunbi made Chaeyeon scoot back to make enough space on the bed for herself. In the end, Eunbi managed to be the little spoon, which was her favorite way to sleep. And Chaeyeon, being the whipped woman she is, instantly wraps her arms around the singer’s waist.

 

They were silent for awhile until Eunbi broke the silence. “I’m sorry I kicked you out of the bedroom.”

 

“I’m sorry I said it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding.”

 

Eunbi sighs. “No, I overreacted. I know it’s just some stupid superstition, but... you can’t really blame me for being scared. I’ve already gone through one failed marriage before. I’m scared that we would, you know...”

 

“...I know, baby. But we’re going to be okay, Bi.” Chaeyeon places a kiss on the back of Eunbi’s head, hoping to reassure her future wife. “Now, get some rest. We need to be up early tomorrow.”

 

If it was possible, Eunbi moved back even more so that there was even less space between them, her back flush against Chaeyeon’s front. “Goodnight.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter