i resent you

there's certain dreams that you gotta keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

 

Bright sun rays peeked into a dark bedroom through the gap of the curtains. The two occupants of the room slept soundly. Until… BEEP BEEP BEEP blared the sound of an alarm perched on the nightstand of Eunbi’s side of the bed. Chaeyeon and Eunbi woke up at the continuous sound, both of them trying to search for the offensive device through sleepy lidded eyes. The singer’s left hand flailed around on her side of the bed for awhile before she found the alarm and turned it off. When the alarm was finally off, Eunbi sighs and lies her head back down on the pillow.

 

Eunbi has a routine that she has perfected for a year now. She would wake up to the sound of her alarm, and after turning it off she would stay in bed for a few minutes before having to wake up Wonyoung. Only, when she looked to her right, she’s reminded that today is not like any other day. For one, Chaeyeon was there on the other side of the bed, staring at the ceiling in thought. They share a bed now––hell they share a house. Last night was the first of more nights that they would have to share a bed. Even if they didn’t want to, with Wonyoung being in the house, they had been forced to do so.

 

Chaeyeon was dragged by the arm into Eunbi’s bedroom by the singer herself. Once the door was closed, Chaeyeon made a comment “I thought I’d be in the guest room”

 

Eunbi thought the teacher was only joking. But when it was clear that she wasn’t, Eunbi sighs. “The immigration officer is going to interview Wonyoung for our visa. If she doesn’t see us sleep in the same room, it’s obviously going to be suspicious”

 

“Will she even notice that…?”

 

The singer deadpans. “She’s 5, but she’s not an idiot.” Chaeyeon didn’t bother to argue with Eunbi after that.

 

In the silence of the dimly lit room, Chaeyeon kept staring at the ceiling, not ready to make conversation with Eunbi. There wasn't a 'Conversations with Your Fake-Fiancee 101' floating about somewhere. If there was, Chaeyeon would have already bought that book. To be perfectly honest, all Chaeyeon wanted to do was have that talk about what happened in the kitchen between Eunbi and her ex-wife. It seemed fascinating, that Eunbi's glossy eyes would occupy her mind for so long. Chaeyeon felt compelled to protect Eunbi, which is why she wanted to know what happened between the ex-wives. But Chaeyeon thought it probably wasn’t appropriate to bring it up right as they got out of bed. Lost in her thoughts, her mind started running through the events from yesterday.

 

After Wonyoung saw the kiss shared between her mommy and her favorite teacher, the child was very confused. She spent the rest of her birthday attached to her mother’s hip, her doe eyes wide with curiosity.

 

When all the guests and caterers finally left the party, only Eunbi, Chaeyeon, and Wonyoung remained in the large house. Eunbi carried Wonyoung to sit in the living room couch in the midst of the mess from the party. Cleaning will have to wait. Chaeyeon followed in pursuit and sat on the edge of the couch, letting Eunbi to take the lead. The singer sat next to her daughter, still trying to think of a way to bring up the conversation.

 

“So, Wonnie… I’m sure you’re confused about what you saw back there,” Eunbi spoke with slight hesitancy.

 

The little girl nods, “Why’d you kiss Ms. Lee?”

 

She glanced at Chaeyeon then turned her attention back to her daughter, “Well, honey. You know how your Mama and I used to be married?”

 

“Like Gram and Pa?”

 

“Yes, exactly like Gram and Pa. But last year Mommy and Mama decided to separate, that’s why we live in different houses now.”

 

“Uhuh…. But… why were you and Ms. Lee kissing?”

 

Eunbi gulped.“Wonnie, I’m going to marry Ms. Lee. We kissed because that’s what adult couples do. Does that make sense, baby?”

 

To her surprise, her daughter took it very well. “Oh okay. So is Ms. Lee still my teacher?”

 

That’s when Chaeyeon decided to pipe up, “I am. But, when we’re not at school… you can just call me Chaeyeon, how does that sound?”

 

The child starts clapping in excitement, “Jjaeyeon? Cool!!”

 

And that was it.

 

The two adults were reluctant to explain to Wonyoung why they were kissing. But thankfully, the conversation they had was short and anticlimactic, which the two adults were very pleased about. However mundane the conversation transpired, the engaged couple were just glad everything went okay with Wonyoung. It had been an accident that Wonyoung found out about them the way she did. Everyone knows, actions speak louder than words. And that kiss was about as subtle as a gun.

 

Eunbi wouldn’t admit it out loud, but she was kind of glad Wonyoung saw them kissing. Only because Wonyoung finding out that way definitely saved a lot of time for Eunbi from trying to formulate words that would make sense for a 5-year-old.

 

Back in the room they now share, a few minutes have passed in silence. Eunbi was waiting for Chaeyeon to talk first, but in the end she couldn’t take the quiet atmosphere. The singer didn’t really know what to say to her fiancée. A ‘good morning’ didn’t seem appropriate. It felt…. Domestic. And Eunbi knew that while they were engaged and will continue to live

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter