decisions, decisions

there's certain dreams that you gotta keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter :))

 

 

Eunbi had been anxious all night. Fear took over her thoughts, solely because of the fact that Sakura threatened to take Wonyoung away from her. Eunbi was terrified to the bones, so much so that after her ex-wife went home, she went straight to Wonyoung's room and went under the covers to hold her daughter. She spent some time in that bed–that was definitely too small for the both of them–just running her fingers through her daughter's silky dark brown hair.

 

She had to make sure that her daughter was still as tangible in front of her, as she was in Eunbi’s heart. While knowing fully well in her mind that there's a small chance she had lost her child already.

 

A couple of hours later, once her spine and neck started to ache from the amount of time her body was twisting to fit in that small bed, she went back to her room. Eunbi didn’t even have the energy to take that bath she wanted so badly earlier today. Instead, she quickly washed up and got under the covers of her king sized bed.

 

She had thought that the mental fatigue she experienced today, would lull her to slumber. But Eunbi was sorely mistaken. Tossing and turning in bed, sleep refused to claim her. The thoughts in her mind were running so fast that if it were the beat for a song, Eunbi wouldn't have been able to sing it.

 

Eunbi didn't like how she left the conversation with Sakura. The evening kept replaying in her mind. After Eunbi accidentally blurted out and at the same time lying about the (still unconfirmed) engagement, Sakura could only gape at her. A few seconds passed awkwardly before Sakura left the house with loud stomps behind her feet.

 

Honestly speaking, all she wanted to do was call Chaeyeon right at this moment to demand for an answer. But she had made a promise, per Chaeyeon’s request to give her a day to consider Eunbi’s proposal. Besides, it was her own mistake for carelessly dropping the bomb on Sakura. She knew she shouldn't have done it. At least not until Chaeyeon accepts her proposal. If she even would, she thought bitterly to herself.

 

Eunbi reflected on the day that she just had. From proposing to her daughter's teacher to lying to her ex-wife about the engagement of her daughter's teacher and herself. Today should go down the record books of being the most impulsive day of the 29 years Eunbi has lived. While she regrets the actions she made today, Eunbi has to admit that she didn't know what else could be done except this.

 

If she hadn't proposed to Chaeyeon, Wonyoung would have wanted to drop out of school, and of course Eunbi wouldn’t let her. Then, her daughter would only resent Eunbi even more. Lately, their relationship was rocky at best with her daughter. It was hanging by a thread, and she is desperate enough to not let it snap.

 

––––––––––––––––––––––––

 

After Eunbi drove her back to Yena and Yuri's home, Chaeyeon wasn’t particularly eager to start thinking about making a decision this big. When she walked in the house, she saw her friends cuddling on the couch, watching a movie.

 

“Hey, Chaeyeon” Yuri greeted. Chaeyeon only responded with a nod. Noticing her friend’s gloomy face, she poked her wife’s side to divert her attention to their friend.

 

Yena jumped at the action, “OUCH––What?” she whined to her wife, but when she looked up to see Chaeyeon’s demeanor being unlike her usual happy self, Yena jumped off the couch and ran to her friend. She grabbed Chaeyeon’s cheeks in her hands and closed in her face to Chaeyeon’s to make very intense eye contact, “Chae, you look like you saw a ghost! What happened? Something wrong?”

 

Chaeyeon was tempted to ask for her friends’ opinion, but she knew they'd just call her crazy for even considering it. So she brushed it off as being sad about her last day of teaching––see, it wasn’t even a whole lie. She bid her friends goodnight and went to the guest room that she has been occupying. Chaeyeon sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the blank wall in contemplation.

 

Chaeyeon read somewhere that in psychology, there’s this phenomenon where people (well, mostly kids), would modify their schemas based on experience, and that would be a guideline for how they perceive and act accordingly towards a certain event.

 

Unfortunately for Chaeyeon, she has never been fake-married before. So how would she even know what ‘acting accordingly’ would be?

 

When all else fails, stare at the ceiling and fall asleep would do just fine.

 

It was only sunrise when Chaeyeon was awaken by her phone ringing. Chaeyeon yawned and rubs her eyes with the back of her hand. She grabbed the still ringing device on her night stand and looked for the caller ID.

 

‘MOM’ it read.

 

Chaeyeon immediately rubbed her eyes again, thinking she was hallucinating. It should be noted that her parents had only called once before ever since Chaeyeon moved to Korea. After Chaeyeon ran away, she called her parents to tell them she was sick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter