family day out

there's certain dreams that you gotta keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

This is a light filler chapter that was based on some of your suggestions.

Also, would like to tell you guys that I have exams coming up, so until I finish the semester, updates will come at random times.

As always, thank you for reading this story :))

Somewhere behind them, screams of joy could be heard, and the smell of cotton candy and popcorn surrounded them. They were at an amusement park on a very hot and crowded day. As they got off their third roller coaster ride, Eunbi was left feeling her lunch where it shouldn’t be. In reality, Eunbi hates roller coasters and anything remotely risky. But Wonyoung had begged to get on it, so they did. At one point, the singer wished that her daughter would be too short to go on the rides. Unfortunately for Eunbi, Wonyoung was extremely tall for a 5-year-old, and was allowed to get on all the rides she wanted.

 

Three rides later, Chaeyeon finally convinced Wonyoung to try out the more ‘tame’ attractions for Eunbi’s sake. Of course, that was after Chaeyeon spent a good time laughing at her fiancee’s green colored face as they got off the rollercoaster.

 

Presently, Eunbi and Chaeyeon were overlooking a carousel, waiting for Wonyoung to show up on the next turn so the mother could take a picture. The singer could still feel the nausea in her stomach. “Tell me again why I agreed to this.” grumbles Eunbi to Chaeyeon, as she fixes her ponytail under the baseball cap. She had to have her hair up and wear a face mask to disguise herself in such a public setting.

 

“You asked me what you should do on a weekend with your daughter, because you haven’t had her for the weekends in a long time. This is how.” Chaeyeon reminds the singer. “Now stop complaining and let loose. Here, try this.” the teacher hands her fiancee a chocolate covered churro with sprinkles that she bought earlier.

 

Eunbi inspects the food offered to her, unsure if it would make her nausea even worst. “This is literally the embodiment of diabetes.” She declines and pushes back the churro in Chaeyeon’s hand

 

Chaeyeon sighs dramatically. She puts the churro right in front of Eunbi’s mouth, “Take a bite.” Eunbi tries to move away and dodge the churro. But Chaeyeon was incredibly persistent, the churro following whatever move Eunbi made. “Stop being a child, Bi.”

 

Realizing how extremely ridiculous she probably looked to passerbys, Eunbi concedes. She takes a small tentative bite. Oh, it’s not that bad. Through her peripheral, she could see a very satisfied, smug-looking smile coming from Chaeyeon.

 

“You like it, don’t you?” says Chaeyeon, who saw the brief smile that crossed Eunbi’s face when the woman tried the snack. “I knew it! You’re secretly a sweet-tooth.”

 

Eunbi glares at Chaeyeon. “Shut it.” she says with annoyance, before taking the whole churro from Chaeyeon.

 

The teacher couldn’t help but laugh out loud––which earned herself a slap on the shoulder, courtesy of Kwon Eunbi.

 

The two women turned their attention back to Wonyoung, who was happily waving at them. Eunbi took a picture of her daughter. Wonyoung looked incredibly cute in the picture, her head thrown back in laughter. Eunbi made a mental note to set it as her lockscreen later.

 

When Wonyoung got off the carousel, she ran straight to Eunbi’s legs. “Mommy! Jjaeyeon! Did you see me go round and round on the horsie?” Wonyoung says excitedly all in one breath.

 

Chaeyeon caresses the back of Wonyoung’s head. “Yeah, and your mommy took so manny pictures of you! Did you have fun, Wonyo?”

 

“Yep, I did!” Wonyoung beamed at the two adults.

 

The 5-year-old was having the time of her life with her mom and Chaeyeon. She honestly couldn’t think of a better way to spend her weekend. Although, she does miss Sakura a whole lot. Sometimes she wishes her mommy and mama would spend time together again, like they used to. But lately Wonyoung wasn’t as sad anymore, she had Chaeyeon to play with now.

 

Seeing how happy her daughter looks, Eunbi would have got on hundreds of rollercoasters to keep it that way. As much as Eunbi was complaining to Chaeyeon, she was glad about being forced to go to the amusement park. It really has been a long time since Eunbi and Wonyoung did anything together that wasn’t at home or the backstage of a concert venue. Eunbi was glad to introduce this new sense of normalcy between them.

 

That is, until people with cameras started showing up everywhere around them. The press and Eunbi’s fans finally caught wind of her being at the amusement park. Eunbi felt very exposed being out and about without any bodyguards around her. Chaeyeon had convinced her they wouldn’t need protection because people will be too busy having fun than to pay attention to Eunbi. She had doubted it, but Eunbi complied in the end.

 

“Look here, Eunbi!”

 

“Eunbi! Who’s this woman?”

 

“Is she your new girlfriend?”

 

“Eunbi, pose with your daughter!”

 

Eunbi’s first instinct was to carry her daughter and shield her from the cameras. Chaeyeon saw what Eunbi was doing and followed suit. But when the crowd started growing larger, Eunbi struggled to mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter