so no one told you life was gonna be this way

there's certain dreams that you gotta keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note:

Firstly, I'm not Korean, I dont know how their immigration or even school systems work. I did some research, but only to a certain extent. So if I made a mistake, I apologize.

Secondly, this chapter will be very Chaeyeon centric, so unfortunately Kwonchaeng wont happen in this chapter.

Also, kudos to the peeps who know where i got the title of the chapter from.

 

Lee Chaeyeon had always been the easy going type. As far as she was concerned, life was pretty good to her—Of course, this was before she knew she was being deported. Chaeyeon was well aware that life had its’ ups and downs. There are days where you smile so wide your cheeks hurt, and there are days where you need to eat a large tub of ice cream on the floor of your bathroom. 

 

But never mind that fact, she still preferred the life she has now rather than the life she had left. Chaeyeon had been relieved beyond comprehension when she ran from the US to South Korea. The freedom she has now was worth it. It outweighs all the hardships she faces regularly. At least here, there arent any more family drama and their crazy expectations of her. It’s just Chaeyeon and her dreams now. Well, that.. and a whole lot of bills to pay. 

 

Sure, she had to worry about the burdens of being an adult, but doesn’t everyone? Not everyone can afford a luxurious life when you’re a self-made person. As of now, Chaeyeon’s most challenging obstacle in life is the fact that she has to live paycheque to paycheque. And sometimes, that means Chaeyeon has to forego buying groceries and instead eat packaged ramen for a few nights straight, just to save up to buy new work clothes.

 

It's a struggle, but she has made peace with this life she has for 3 years now. It's hard and burdensome. but it builds character, she tells herself, and she’s okay with that.

 

Until it all came crashing down on her.

 

It all started earlier this week, when Chaeyeon had still been unaware that life was ready to trip her up in every way possible. In hindsight, Of course it had to be a Monday. 

 

It was just another ordinary day. And just like any other day, 24 year old Lee Chaeyeon walked through the entrance of IZONE Preschool with a spring to her step. She walked confidently, and moved with a rhythm only she can hear. Chaeyeon had the power to enchant everyone with a move and seamlessly put smiles on people’s faces, just by being in the room. In another life, Chaeyeon would have had a successful career as a Korean idol. At least that’s what her close friends would say during their crazy karaoke nights while getting drunk.

 

In this life though, Lee Chaeyeon is a preschool teacher. And a very good one at that. Anyone from a mile away would know that Chaeyeon adores kids, and kids adore her as well. That's why she loves her job so much.

 

Walking into her homeroom, an automatic smile adorned Chaeyeon’s face, “Good morning, class!” She greeted her students happily.

 

“Stand up,” the class leader, a chubby 4-year-old Kwon Wonyoung called out with her cute baby voice, “greetings!” As the class greeted their teacher with a sing-song like ‘good morning’, her eyes scanned her class of twenty 4-year-old students all looking up at her with bright smiles. It warms her heart, and Chaeyeon couln't help but think that this is what keeps her going through all the hardships.

 

She signaled her students to sit with a wave of her hand, and started today’s class. Today, they’re learning about everyday objects. Chaeyeon ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter