breathless

there's certain dreams that you gotta keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for the wait guys, but i was super busy with work. But i'm back now, so hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

Sorry if there's any mistakes.

 

“Nononono… No!!” yelled Chaeyeon.

 

Eunbi, who was getting ready in her room, heard Chaeyeon and immediately took off to the kitchen where she knew the teacher was making breakfast. Chaeyeon had opted to cook for the both of them this morning when she woke up right after Eunbi dropped off Wonyoung at Sakura’s apartment.

 

The singer ran to the kitchen to find Chaeyeon standing in the middle of the room, hands on her hips looking obviously upset. “What’s wrong?”

 

“None of the avocados are ripe.” Chaeyeon was pouting when she faces Eunbi. “I wanted you to try my guacamole recipe–The one that I told you about. But I can't make it now, since none of the avocados are ripe.”

 

Eunbi lets out an exasperated sigh. She wants to yell at her fiancee for worrying her, but at this point, it was on Eunbi for not seeing this coming. She should be used to Chaeyeon doing and saying the stupidest things. In the end, she settles for a small shove on Chaeyeon’s shoulder. “You are such a dork,” Eunbi comments, yet it sounded almost… endearing.

 

“Me?” Chaeyeon points a finger to her chest. “How am I a dork?”

 

Eunbi looks at Chaeyeon up and down thoroughly. The teacher has her hair in a bun, wearing an apron that was too small for her, which probably belonged to Wonyoung, and had shark slippers that look like it was biting onto Chaeyeon’s feet. Eunbi laughs to herself with a roll of her eyes. “As if you don’t know, Chae.”

 

“You know sometimes I really don’t feel appreciated in this house.” If it was possible, Chaeyeon pouts some more. With her head held high and her arms crossed in front of her chest.

 

“You’re also such a drama queen.”

 

“Gasp! I resent that.”

 

Eunbi snorts. “Did you just... say gasp, instead of  actually doing it?”

 

“...yes?”

 

At the same time, they both burst into laughter. And when one of them would finally calm herself down, the other would still be laughing, causing the other woman to laugh again. What can they say? Laughter is contagious.

 

After awhile, they both finally quieted down. Only because Chaeyeon needed to prepare breakfast for both of them.

 

As Chaeyeon cooked, Eunbi watched in fascination as she sat on the kitchen island. A few months ago, it had been both weird, yet a good kind of change to have someone cook for her. Now, even if she’s used to having Chaeyeon be the chef in the house, Eunbi still can’t get enough. Yes, part of it was because Eunbi sometimes felt cooking was such a hassle. Not to mention, Chaeyeon proves to be a very good cook. But besides all of that, she loves the feeling of being taken care of.

 

When she was with Sakura, Eunbi was the one who mainly cooked and cleaned, because her ex-wife was always away on business trips. Then after the divorce, it had been just her and Wonyoung. Even when Chaewon and Hitomi came by, Eunbi would play the part of the perfect host, and no one else batted an eye.

 

But not Chaeyeon. They had a different dynamic from anything Eunbi was used to.

 

They communicate with each other so well, it’s almost as if they’ve done it for years. Sometimes words weren't even needed. The teacher would know exactly when Eunbi would be too tired to cook or clean, and she’d take it upon herself to do it. Chaeyeon also has admitted at one point that she enjoys cooking for other people than just herself because it made her feel less lonely. So Eunbi had no business to refuse when Chaeyeon wanted to cook for them.

 

Eunbi notices that after most meals, they’d clear the table together, clean the dishes together. Like an actual team. Then they’d go to bed together. And wake up in the morning together. Like an actual, honest to god, domestic couple.

 

It kind of scares her to think that this is what they’re becoming. Though, what scares Eunbi more is that she’s absolutely okay if things keep going in this direction.

 

Her musings were interrupted when Chaeyeon put a plate of omelette with two strips of bacon in front of her. How western.

 

“I’m sorry that breakfast today is slightly Western. I’ve been missing bacon recently.” 

 

And there’s the telepathy thing between them. To be honest, it gets a bit creepy sometimes. “I’ll eat anything, you know that.”

 

Chaeyeon snorts. “Oh, I do.” She says it as if there was an inside joke between. There probably was. The teacher walks around the island and takes a seat next to Eunbi. Chaeyeon sat close enough that their elbows and thighs brushed onto each other. Eunbi was glad when Chaeyeon started a conversation so she could be distracted from that fact. “So what time is your photoshoot today?” The teacher had asked.

 

The singer glanced at her the clock on the wall. “I’ll leave in an hour.” Eunbi answers. “Are you staying at home the whole day?”

 

“Yep, I don’t really have anyone to hang with today. Yena and Yuri are celebrating their anniversary. And Hyewon says she’s got a date for the first time in ages. So, I’m just gonna chill at home. Maybe I could swim. Or read a book. Or…. sleep. Who knows? This house is my oyster.”

 

She knew Chaeyeon was trying to be aloof and make jokes but after hearing what the teacher said, Eunbi felt bad about leaving Chaeyeon to her own devices. Usually the teacher would have things to do, or people to see, and sometimes Eunbi would be at home as well. But for today, it made Eunbi sad at the thought of Chaeyeon being alone all day.

 

“Umm.. Chae,” Eunbi calls out to her fiancee. “Do you wanna come to my photoshoot?”

 

“Oh... I wouldn’t want to distract you.”

 

“You wouldn’t be.” Eunbi assured her. 

 

Chaeyeon pondered on it for a bit. She knew that she was going to be bored to death at home alone, so Eunbi’s invitation was very tempting. “Sure. Why not?”

 

A couple hours later, Chaeyeon found out exactly why not.

 

The engaged couple were sitting in the waiting room, where Eunbi got her hair and makeup done. Though everyone else had cleared the room to give the couple some privacy. They didn’t even need to ask. The hair and makeup team had up and left right after they finished sculpting a masterpiece that was Eunbi’s look for the photoshoot.

 

Eunbi was sat on a swivel chair in front of the large, well lit mirror. She was covered in a white robe right after she had changed into a dress. Chaeyeon herself could only get a very brief glimpse of it. Her hair was done into a slightly disheveled look, but beautifully so. And her eye makeup was made to look smokey and piercing. The latter, Chaeyeon could 100% vouch for. The older woman’s eyes looked as if she knew all of Chaeyeon’s secrets. It was both unnerving and inviting, all at the same time.

 

The teacher, who was sitting just a couple feet behind Eunbi on the sofa, could not stop staring at her fiancee through the mirror. No matter how hard she tried to look away, her eyes kept drifting back to the singer. It was like magnets—no, something stronger. Like… it was like gravity, inevitable, and there wasn’t a force strong enough to overpower the urge to just keep… looking.

 

And the singer herself, couldn't help but notice it. “Why are you staring?” Eunbi had asked when their eyes met through the mirror.

 

“I… it’s just, you look...” Chaeyeon stopped herself from sounding more like an idiot.

 

“What, my lipstick shade too red for you?” Eunbi asks teasingly.

 

Chaeyeon thought Eunbi was serious and immediately tried to explain herself. “No! It’s not that. You lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter