my fiancée

there's certain dreams that you gotta keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

Hewo, I'm back with an update. Unfortunately, there's no kwonchaeng in this chapter. But have some soft Aunt Chaewon and baby Wonyoung.

Also, it's time for the drama dramaaaaa to start...

Please enjoy :))

“Wonnie! time to brush your teeth,” Chaewon called out to her niece from the bathroom with a toothbrush in her hand.

 

“Owkay, auntie Won-won” came the small baby voice of Wonyoung, as she ran from her bedroom to the bathroom. The small girl ran straight to her favourite aunt, and ended up in Chaewon’s arms.

 

Chaewon couldn’t help but smile at the nickname that her niece gave her. It started when Wonyoung was very young. She didn’t know how to say Chaewon, and kept saying ‘Won-won’ instead. It kind of stuck until now. Eunbi keeps joking around that they’re always ganging up and excluding her just because they share similar nicknames.

 

With the smaller Won in her arms, Chaewon picked up her niece and helped her stand on the stool so Wonyoung could brush her teeth in front of the mirror. To Chaewon, this is basically a memorised routine already. She knew precisely what to do to entertain and how to take care of Wonyoung on a day to day basis. Like after brushing her teeth, she would go tuck Wonyoung into bed and read her a bedtime story. Chaewon was hoping that Eunbi will get home before Wonyoung falls asleep, though. Her sister is always disappointed with herself if she misses one of the daily routines with her daughter.

 

Although sometimes it can’t be helped. As a singer, Eunbi has music shows to perform at, photoshoots to go to, and award shows to attend. Being as famous as she is, sometimes she can’t always be there for Wonyoung, try as she might. Like today, Eunbi had said she needed to take care of something at Wonyoung’s school. She didn’t even bother to ask what Eunbi was doing at this point. Because she knew that if it weren’t important, Eunbi would never willingly leave Wonyoung.

 

Chaewon had been babysitting Wonyoung for the past few hours since she got home from work. Luckily for Eunbi, Chaewon doesn’t work a regular 9 to 5 job. Chaewon does most of her work at home, unless it’s a Saturday, which is when she hosts a radio program at 10 o’clock at night. Today was one of the rare days that she does go to work for her weekly meetings with the radio program’s producers. Right on the dot as the meeting ended at 5 p.m., her older sister had called her. Eunbi was apologising profusely and asking her to look after Wonyoung. Of course, Chaewon accepted without a second thought. Even if it was to babysit, she wouldn’t have refused to seeing her only niece/god-daughter.

 

As Wonyoung made herself comfortable on her bed, Chaewon grabbed the books on the small bedside table and went under the covers with her niece. Her heart melted when Wonyoung automatically snuggled into Chaewon’s side.

 

“So which story do you want me to read for you, Wonnie?” Chaewon asked, showing her niece the three books in her hands.

 

Wonyoung made a serious face as she contemplated which book would lull her to sleep, “ummm…” she then pointed at the Frozen storybook, “this one, pwease?”

 

“Sure thing, Wonnie—“ Ding Dong, came the sound of a doorbell.

 

That’s odd, Chaewon thought. She knew Eunbi definitely wouldn’t have rang the doorbell to her own house. And her sister didn’t inform her to expect any guests either.

 

“Sorry, Wonnie, can you wait for your bedtime story for a bit? Auntie Won-won needs to check who’s at the door, okay?”

 

Seeing her niece nodding at her, Chaewon put the books back down on the table and shuffled quickly to the front door. The woman was definitely irritated already at whoever was at the door. When she opened the front door, she was definitely surprised to see who had showed up at her sister’s home.

 

The guest clearly didn’t expect to see her either though, “Chaewon” greeted the person, “Hi. I didn’t expect to see you here”

 

But Chaewon wasn’t one for pleasantries with this particular guest, “What are you doing here, Sakura?” She quickly demanded.

 

Sakura fake-pouted at the hostile woman, “Aren’t you going to ask me to come in first?” she asked teasingly. Seeing Chaewon’s unbothered demeanour by her attempt at a joke, Sakura coughed awkwardly, “I’m here to see Eunbi”

 

“She’s out”

 

“Yeah, I can see that,” replied Sakura, “Then–can I see Wonyoung?”

 

“Wonyoung’s about to sleep. Now if you’ll excuse me—“ Chaewon was ready to close the door on Sakura’s face, but the other woman had been faster. Sakura put her foot between the rapidly closing door.

 

Sakura tried to reason with her ex-sister-in-law, "Chaewon, please. I’m Wonyoung’s mother too”

 

That made Chaewon rethink her actions. She sighs audibly.

 

While Chaewon still didn’t like the other woman, she can’t deny that what Sakura said was true. She was still Wonyoung’s mother, and she had the right to see her daughter. Which is why, Chaewon reluctantly let Sakura in and asked the other woman to follow her to Wonyoung’s bedroom. Though the glare she gave Sakura was still ever-present.

 

Chaewon knocked softly on the bedroom door as she opened it, “Hey Wonnie, look who’s here...”

 

“Who—MAMA!!” Immediately jumping out of bed, Wonyoung ran into her mother’s arms. They started talking animatedly, but Chaewon didn’t really bother to keep listening.

 

When she made eye contact with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter