consequences

there's certain dreams that you gotta keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

This chapter is a bit conversation heavy and I'm not too proud of it. But I hope you guys enjoy it nonetheless :))

 

After brunch, which Eunbi graciously paid for, the two women decided it would be best if Chaeyeon moved to the singer’s house after they file for a spousal visa. Logically, it would be a hassle for Chaeyeon to move her things only to find out later that their plan didn’t work. So that’s what they were going to do.

 

On their way to the immigration office, Eunbi was seated in the driver’s seat, “We should get this sorted out as soon as possible. Before they drag you by your feet”

 

Chaeyeon gaped at the singer, “They can do that?”

 

“It was a figure of speech,” Eunbi wanted to laugh at her now official fiancée’s ridiculously shocked face. She settled for a small chuckle while trying to keep her eyes on the road.

 

“Oh..” Chaeyeon blushes in embarrassment.

 

To both of their pleasant surprise, it felt really good that they’re now comfortable enough to joke around and openly laugh at each other’s antics. For some reason, it was like they turned off a switch for any awkwardness between them. Even the silence between them now felt like a blanket of warmth, instead of chills on the back of their necks. Maybe it was the fact that they were actually in the same boat now.

 

It didn’t take long for them to reach their destination. But it did take long for them to get out of the car, though. Sat together inside the car in front of the immigration office, only then did Chaeyeon realised a very important detail that they both forgot to acknowledge. When Eunbi took off her seatbelt, and made a move to open the car door. But Chaeyeon quickly reached for Eunbi’s hand that was on the door handle to stop her.

 

The singer was bewildered by the other woman’s actions, she dropped her hand on the door and turned her attention to Chaeyeon, “What are you––what’s wrong?”

 

“I just realised... we don’t know anything about each other,” the teacher said, panic laced in her voice, “they’re gonna see right through us!”

 

“They won’t.” Eunbi confidently stated. To be honest, she was terrified too, but it’s too late to back out now. Both of them have things on the line, and Eunbi was determined to push through. For the second time today, Eunbi bravely takes both of Chaeyeon’s hands in hers. This time the silence in the car allowed Eunbi to hear Chaeyeon’s breath hitch when she took the teacher’s hands into hers. She didn’t mind the reaction though, instead she continued to her thumbs gently, like the way she did before.

 

Hearing Eunbi’s words would have reassured her, but the doubt in her mind hadn’t dissipated fully. Chaeyeon tried to nod back in response, but this time her actions didn’t match the words coming out of , “Would this even work?”

 

Eunbi was unwavering, “Yes it will”

 

“But—“

 

“—Chae, if you’re that nervous, just let me do the talking, okay?” the older woman suggested.

 

Chaeyeon’s eyes darted around the interiors of the car. It was clear she was thinking this through. Then, as she focused on the gentle on her hand, it was almost like an anchor to stop herself from spiralling into a panic attack. When Chaeyeon zoned in on her anchor, she thought back to the last couple of days and all the events that had transpired, between them especially. Never has Chaeyeon seen anyone do something as crazy as this, nor has she ever agreed to that same crazy thing. Maybe it was naive, but Chaeyeon decided she would trust Eunbi, the way the singer took a chance on her before.

 

The teacher finally made eye contact with Eunbi, she nodded slowly and quietly spoke, ”I’m so glad that at least one of us is confident about having to fool the government”

 

Chaeyeon’s response earned herself another round of Eunbi’s brute strength. Only this time, it had been on purpose and Eunbi didn’t feel an ounce of regret for crushing Chaeyeon's hand.

 

With their newfound confidence, the newly engaged couple walked into the office with their hands in each other’s. Albeit, it felt weird and they didn’t think it looked particularly convincing. But they decided PDA wasn’t a major concern to them, for now. Although to everyone else in the room, they definitely looked like the power couple that everyone openly gawk at, but secretly hate.

 

They went through the process like every other person in the room. Even lined up for a whole hour before being escorted into the office of a certain Ms. Yabuki Nako, by the looks of the name plaque on the desk. The immigration officer was a short woman, with long auburn hair, and looked like the most harmless person one could ever meet. She even had a friendly looking smile that reached her eyes. Eunbi and Chaeyeon were secretly wishing that their first impressions would be proven correct.

 

“Good Afternoon. I’m Nako. Please, have a seat” the short immigration officer gestured to the two seats across from her. Without wasting time, she immediately got down to business, “So, let’s see here. You are filing for a spousal visa” she pointed to Chaeyeon.

 

“Yes, that is correct,” Eunbi answered on behalf of Chaeyeon, considering the other woman was gripping the armrest of her chair, looking a bit––a lot––too guilty to respond.

 

Nako nodded, her sole attention was on the documents the couple just filled not too long ago, she read the paper in her hands intently for a while. Eunbi and Chaeyeon didn't dare to move.

 

When she spoke, her eyes had still been skimming through the documents, “Right. See, I don’t usually say much besides the process of it, but I find that your work visa expiring last week very suspicious, Ms. Lee”

 

Chaeyeon straightened in her seat automatically, “Sus––” she clears , “––suspicious, how?” her voice sounding at a slightly higher pitch than usual.

 

The singer beside her was about to punch a wall. Eunbi was very frustrated that Chaeyeon didn’t know how to act… normal. It was a good thing that Nako wasn’t looking at Eunbi, because she would have seen Eunbi g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter