the proposal

there's certain dreams that you gotta keep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

I can't believe this is the last chapter for this fanfic. Wow. We've literally come so far. I spent so long avoiding writing the last chapter, and when I did, I just kept editing and editing. But this is it. I'm finally posting it.

Thank you to everyone who was part of the journey with me:

The authors from Kwonchaeng group chat, thank you for the encouragement and the love, and all the wild ideas you've given me. Thank you to all the readers who subscribed, upvoted, commented, I love you guys so much, all I really wanted was to meet your expectations and write something worth your while. And the people who messaged me on twitter, you guys are awesome to reach out and tell me you liked this story, I truly appreciate you guys.

Now that the story has come to an end, I hope you guys will continue reading my other stuff and shipping kwonchaeng (lol). See you guys in the next fanfic :)))

Without further ado, the last chapter of there's certain dreams that you gotta keep, aka, Kwonchaeng Proposal AU. I hope you like this one.

 

Throughout her life, Lee Chaeyeon has only ever liked one thing that her parents encouraged, or rather, forced her to do. That thing being dancing. Not only did she enjoy it, Chaeyeon was actually good at it too. At least, that’s what her old dance teachers used to say.

 

She has always loved it, twirling around in circles while exuding elegance through a waltz, the passion and heat that she feels when in a tango, and the freedom of the beat in hip hop. She’s done them all, and she excelled in them all. Chaeyeon did actually thank her parents for making her take those lessons when she was younger, for now she found her love of dance.

 

Though that is until Chaeyeon is reminded of why they made her take dance lessons in the first place. Her parents wanted her to be able to go to parties, functions, and balls and charm her suitors. And she did. But that definitely didn’t mean Chaeyeon enjoyed it. Especially now, when she only just got back for half a day, and already her parents had thrown her a “coming home” ball. 

 

Truthfully, Chaeyeon knew it was just an excuse for them to get Chaeyeon on the market again. The ball was just a façade for her parents to parade the teacher around and get back on track with their initial plan of marrying Chaeyeon off to a rich eligible bachelor.

 

Actually this time they made their intentions very clear. Her father had warned her the moment she stepped back into her childhood home, “This is your last chance, Chaeyeon. Either you stay home and do what we tell you, or the next time you leave, you don’t get to come home at all.”

 

So Chaeyeon was trying. At least for the first few months, she’s going to try and make her parents happy while she looks for a job, preferably somewhere far from her parents

 

It was why she was now waltzing with a man she absolutely loathes. They danced around in circles in the living space of her house that was large enough to almost resemble a ballroom. The man she was dancing with is her father’s business partner's son. They practically grew up together, and that’s how Chaeyeon knows just how spoiled and entitled he is. Normally, she wouldn't want to be caught dead with him. But for her livelihood, she dances with him to appease her parents and everybody else in the room attending her coming home party. Self-preservation was the only thing keeping her from “accidentally” stepping and breaking her dance partner’s toe. Chaeyeon does, however, keep her body and face as far away as possible from him, and adorned the fakest smile on her face. She doubts the other people dancing near them could tell though.

 

Chaeyeon focuses instead on her movements, waiting for the song to end. Alhough, it was proving to be difficult when he started to pull her closer and leaned into her ear. “I bet you’ve missed this, huh, Chaeyeon?” He whispers. “Being the center of attention, paraded around and sold to the highest bidder. You know, with the way you’ve changed since the last I saw you, I would bid very high for a night with you.”

 

Her blood immediately boiled. Any other time, Chaeyeon would’ve stormed off, not before kicking him where it hurts. If only she didn’t have dozens of eyes on her right now, she might have put him in his place. But she was on thin ice, so she only rolled her eyes. Her plan was to ignore him until the dance finished. If only it were that easy. If only her dance partner’s hand that was on Chaeyeon’s waist wasn’t slowly shifting lower and lower, moving dangerously close to her behind. Just when Chaeyeon was really thinking about breaking his limbs, someone had pushed his hand away.

 

“Mind if I cut in?”

 

Chaeyeon couldn’t believe her eyes. She had to do a double take to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating. Standing there, clad in a form-fitting red dress, was the woman who hadn’t left her mind for the past 48+ hours. 

 

“Eunbi?” Chaeyeon gasped. “But...how?”

 

Eunbi had started to notice the guests looking and pointing at them and acted quickly. Instead of answering, Eunbi let out her hand for Chaeyeon to take. “Can I have this dance?” She asks, just as the song changes to another version of a waltz.

 

The man beside them was about to protest, but one glare from Eunbi and he cowers away with his head bowed. Chaeyeon swore if looks could kill… that man would’ve been six feet under by now.

 

Chaeyeon manages to stifle her laugh. The teacher returns her attention back to the most gorgeous woman she ever saw and she wanted to weep right then and there. The thought of never seeing Eunbi ever again had eaten away at her. With everything that happened, Chaeyeon didn’t know if South Korea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter