Three: Meeting you again

CAÍDO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Remind me again, the name of that human being is...Lee Chaeyeon?”

 

Hyewon asked to Sakura who only nodded at her, both of them are awake now, they’re in the first floor of their house and preparing all the things that they need before opening the restaurant, while the three are still asleep in their rooms. 

 

“So…we need to protect that human because her life is in danger?” Hyewon asked again, she’s thinking deeply why would that girl get herself in danger.

 

“Yeah.” Sakura nodded while preparing all the utensils that they will need later. She looked at Hyewon when the girl pursed her lips and not convince from the reason she heard.

 

“Why did she get herself in danger?” Hyewon asked frowning.

 

“I still haven’t told this, but she’s the next target of Luci.” Sakura said, her aura sudden get darker this time when she mentioned that name.

 

“Oh..yo—…I mean that devil. Why would he involve a mortal this time?” Hyewon asked again, she's still confused on why would that devil is trying to mess with the mortal world.

 

“He isn’t anymore, I don’t consider him as one. Never in my whole life, you know how much I loathe him. And for his reasons, I don’t know, but I know how capable that devil is, so we need to protect that mortal not to lose her life, if we succeeded protecting her then after that we can get our wings and go back to where we really belong.” Sakura explained to her, she just nodded her head trying to understand all the things.

 

Hyewon is about to ask something again but a sudden noise interrupted her. She looked at the source of it and she saw Yujin and Yena, who are racing to go where they are and following Chaewon who’s frowning early at the morning.

 

“What’s with that face this early?” Hyewon asked to Chaewon but the girl just rolled her eyes at her while glaring at Yujin and Yena.

 

“Those two idiots are so noisy, they barged in my room and wake me up, they're so ing loud.” Chaewon hissed but Yujin just chuckled at her, while Yena give her a peace sign.

 

 “Hey stop cussing! We need to work now, don’t be lazy!” Yujin said happily.

 

“I know. But I heard the two of you talking. So, that mortal is Luci’s next target?” Chaewon asked, her voice is serious this time.

 

Yujin and Yena stopped on whatever they’re doing and looked at Sakura to get a confirmation and the girl gave them a nod.

 

Yujin’s mood get dark when that name get mentioned again.

 

“I can’t believe he will go this far and involve a mortal, he’s really a devil!” Yujin groaned while balling her fist, her blood is suddenly boiling, she can’t let him get what he wants.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll protect her. She’s our last chance to go home.” Sakura said and all of them nodded.

 

“But…how can we find her?” Yena suddenly asked, Chaewon easily agreed to her because they haven’t seen the girl’s face and they didn’t even know who’s that girl.

 

“Did Chief gave you something? Or did he let you to see that mortal’s face while the two of you are talking?” Yujin asked to Sakura which made the short-haired girl to stopped.

 

They all looked at her, waiting for Sakura to answer them.

 

“He did. He showed me the girl's face.” Sakura said.

 

They all looked at her.

 

“Oh…then?” Yena asked.

 

“The thing is…I think I met her yesterday.” Sakura said which made all of them turned to her,  giving her their questioning looks. 

 

Hyewon raised a brow at her and crossed her arms.

 

“What? You met her without telling us?!” Yena asked dramatically while slamming her fist on the table.

 

Sakura glared at her when the table get wrecked because of her clumsiness, she just scratched her nape and smiled awkwardly.

 

“I met her accidentally, I was on my here when the two of us collided.” Sakura explained, Yujin looked at her with full of suspicion but she ignored it.

 

“Oh…but do you know how can we find her?” Chaewon asked to her, she hesitated to tell them at first but in the end she did.

 

“Well, Chief told me everything what we need to know about the girl, he gave me so much information, where she lives, where she studies, her friends, her families, and anything.” Sakura explained to the four that is staring at her intently.

 

“I will tell you about it later, but first we need to prepare now for opening the restaurant today.” Sakura said to all of them that made them groan, but they just follow what their master said. 

 

But Sakura suddenly get pulled by Yujin outside the restaurant. She looked at Yujin with a frown visible on her face while Yujin looked at her.

 

“What?” She scoffed when Yujin didn’t talk.

 

“Is there something you’re not telling us?” Yujin crossed her arms and the moment that Sakura looked away and avoided her gaze, it’s a sign that the girl is hiding something. 

 

“You’re hiding something.” Yujin said.

 

Sakura sighed and face Yujin, she needs to tell it to someone, maybe this is the right time.

 

“You know…the mortal that we need to protect…” Sakura scratched her nape awkwardly.

 

“Lee Chaeyeon? What about her?” Yujin asked curiously, she can sense that something’s running in Sakura’s mind the moment she mentioned the girl’s name.

 

“I told you that I saw her yesterday…I collided into her when it was raining…” Sakura said, the girl’s face is still in her mind, she can’t forget about it. It's bothering her since last night, she didn't even get some proper sleep because of it, and she hates it.

 

“And?”

 

“Yujin…it’s the first time that I saw her yesterday but…why does she looks familiar to me? It’s like…I’ve met her before but I know that I don’t.”

 

Yujin looked at Sakura who’s face is full of frustration, she sighed as she tapped Sakura’s shoulder, Yujin pursed her lips.

 

“Maybe you just saw someone in her but I think that it’s your first time seeing her. We both know that you’re not meeting humans except the mortals that visiting our restaurant.” Yujin said and she nodded because Yujin is correct, she never met human beings not unless they’re their customers.

 

She and Chaewon doesn’t like meddling with mortals, they can see how complicated they are, that’s why she never tried to interfere with them and get attach with them even when they are staying here for so long. 

 

“Time to open! Come on, stop talking!” Yena shouted which startled the both of them.

 

Yujin glared at Yena and run into her while Sakura just shook her head, staring at them.

 

The face of the girl is still lingering in her mind. Vivid and clear.

 

 

“Hey…Minjoo, are you okay?” 

 

Chaeyeon asked to her best friend who’s sitting across her while all of them are eating their food, all of her friends are in the cafeteria and they’re always eating food together, they have the same schedule of break.

 

“Yeah…” Minjoo nodded to her, the girl’s voice is hoarse and deep, and she looks sick.

 

All of them noticed that but Minjoo shrugged it off and always tell them that she’s okay even though she looks pale.

 

“Maybe, we should bring you to the clinic. You’re really pale Minjoo.” Wonyoung said, they all agreed to her but the girl shook her head, still insisting that she’s okay.

 

“Are you sure?” Yuri asked and Minjoo nodded.

 

Chaeyeon looked at Minjoo, she observed the girl this morning and she can say that something’s odd with the way Minjoo acts, but she tried to ignore it, maybe she’s just thinking so much.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine, don’t worry.” Minjoo smiled at them, they just let the girl and eat peacefully.

 

Suddenly Chaeyeon’s mind flew away again, she’s thinking about the last night, she really feels that someone is watching her, and it feels so creepy.

 

At the middle of the night, she woke up from the sound of footsteps outside the house, she heard the breaking of a branch which made her sleepy figure to get awake. She wants to check it but she’s getting nervous because she’s just alone.

 

She’s thinking of calling Minjoo that time but she didn’t do it because it’s very late at night and she can’t afford to disturb the rest time of her best friend, even if Minjoo doesn’t mind.

 

She’s in her deep thought when Yuri called her, she shook her head and tried to focus.

 

“What is it?” Chaeyeon asked to Yuri, the girl grinned at her and pointed at someone.

 

She looked at the place where Yuri’s gazed is, there she saw their president standing while looking at her, she looked at Yuri and the girl smiled at her.

 

“She wants to talk to you.” Yuri said to her, all of her friend gave her a teasing smile even Nako and Hitomi.

 

“Talk to her.” Hitomi grinned at her.

 

“Share to us what you’ll talk about.” Nako said, winking at her which made her shook her head before walking towards Eunbi.

 

“You want to talk to me?” Chaeyeon asked to Eunbi, the girl just nodded her head and walked outside, she followed her and she can saw how her friends again even Minjoo who's silent earlier.

 

“Here.” Eunbi gave her something and she quickly get it from her hand when she noticed what it is.

 

“Oh…I’ve been finding this the whole day, where did you find this?” Chaeyeon asked to Eunbi when the girl gave her wallet.

 

She’s finding it yesterday in her bag but she can’t find it. She smiled at Eunbi.

 

“I saw it in my way home yesterday, sorry if I gave it to you now, I would have give it to you yesterday but it’s raining hard.” Eunbi said, scratching her nape awkwardly.

 

“Oh…it’s okay, thank you. I'm lucky enough to THAY you're the one who found my wallet. Thank you president.” Chaeyeon smiled and the girl gave her a smile also.

 

She’s about to go back to her friends but Eunbi hold her shoulder which made her stopped.

 

“Uhmm…can we talk later after class dismissal? I need to talk to you about some important matters.” Eunbi asked her, the girl is scratching her cheeks awkwardly. 

 

She blinks her eyes while looking at their president who’s now flustered, she titled her head but just she just nodded afterwards.

 

“Sure.” Chaeyeon nodded and Eunbi smiled at her before walking away after giving her an answer.

 

She looked at Eunbi’s back but she quickly shook her head before going back to her friends who’s giving her a teasing smile.

 

“Here we go again.” Chaeyeon scoffed and the teasing started when Yuri speak.

 

 

“Sakura! We’ll go now!” Yena said to Sakura who’s busy serving the order of some customers, their master nodded at the her and after that she pulled Hyewon with her.

 

“Why do I always need to come with you?” Hyewon scoffed while Yena is dragging her.

 

“Sakura said so and I know you can't endure my charms.” Yena shrugged and Hyewon just rolled her eyes while they’re walking to the place where they can find the girl.

 

During their free time earlier, Sakura explained everything to them, all the information that she knows about Chaeyeon. The only thing that Yena remembered is Chaeyeon’s still studying and she’s a graduating student. 

 

They are on their way to Chaeyeon’s university, Sakura told them to talk to the girl and to warn her, they need to do it early before anything happens to her. 

 

“Do you think she’ll believe us?” Yena asked to Hyewon as they walked to their destination. 

 

“I don’t think so. She doesn’t know us.” Hyewon said plainly, Yena nodded at her, she agreed, but they need to make her believe.

 

“I hope she’s nice.” Yena said.

 

 

Both of them stopped at the front of the university, they’re staring at the students that are walking outside, they looked at their faces to see if that’s the girl they’re finding.

 

Other students find them crazy because of Yena who's suddenly walking to someone and stared at their face, Hyewon would just shook her head and letting Yena to do things that will embarrassed her.

 

“Is this really the university where she studies?” Hyewon scoffed because she can’t see any sign of the girl, she’s getting impatient, they are standing here for a long time. 

 

While Yena is still busy looking for the girl, she suddenly ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter