Eight: Limits

CAÍDO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Yes, I will be there in a few minutes, do you need something before I go there?" 


Chaeyeon asked to the other line, while looking at her outfit in the mirror, checking if she forgot something. 


"How about some snacks, so we can eat something while you are here?" 


"Okay, see you there." Chaeyeon chuckles as she ended the call after bidding a soft goodbye to the other line. 


Chaeyeon gave a one last glance to the mirror before convincing herself that everything is good now. She left her room and greeted by Hyewon who have a pretzel on . 


"Going somewhere?" Hyewon asked, staring at her while figure, from her feet to her head. 


"Yes, wanna come with me?" Chaeyeon asked, the latter pursed her lips while thinking but soon she shook her head.


"Maybe next time. We need to watch this house since Saku-chan will go somewhere for today." Hyewon uttered softly as she shrugged her shoulder while telling those information to Chaeyeon. 


"Where is she going?" She suddenly asked, not keeping herself from talking, so she received a knowing look and grin from the girl.


"Interested? You should ask her, she is in her room and I bet she won't let you go alone." Hyewon said mumbling the last words before patting Chaeyeon's shoulder as she heads to her room. She only frowned from the girl's words, there is no way that she will talk to Sakura again after what happened last night.


It was few steps that she has been taken and her eyes dropped to Sakura's room, the door is slightly opened making Chaeyeon to get the chance to see inside. Her eyes squinted as she saw Sakura frowning, having a hard time doing the bandage on her stomach. 


Chaeyeon only scoffed as she continues to walk but she rolled her eyes when her feet turned back and steps towards Sakura's room. She doesn't even know why she decided to go back.


When she entered the room, she can see how Sakura's eyes widened upon seeing her but quickly manage to maintain her composure, as she walks towards the short haired girl.


"That is not the proper way of putting the bandage, dummy." Chaeyeon scoffed as she stared at the messy visual of the bandage on Sakura's hand, the girl raised her brow at her, trying to processed the words she said. 


"Why are you here?" Sakura asked while staring at her, instead of answering she gets the bandage on Sakura's hands and fixed it in a proper way. 


"You looked like you need a help with this SIMPLE thing." Chaeyeon teased but Sakura only rolled her eyes while looking at her. The short haired girl didn't notice that she is staring at Chaeyeon while the girl is busy cutting the bandage and here is it again, the unknown feelings and the sudden tugged on her cheat as she laid her eyes to the younger girl. 


She quickly looked away when Chaeyeon looked up, not wanting to get caught for staring at her. She watched how the girl put the bandage on her stomach, making her coughed awkwardly but the younger only raised her brow at her. 


"This is the proper way of putting it. You don't go cutting the bandage on how shape you want, it should be bigger than you wound, such a dummy." Chaeyeon teased, saying the last words on purpose making Sakura looked at her with a sharp glare but she only grinned at the girl. 


"There." Chaeyeon said after she finished doing it. 


"Thanks." Sakura mumbles, making Chaeyeon whipped her head at the girl. 


"Are you saying something? I didn't hear it." She said, though she really heard it, she wanna teased Sakura about it. But, of course, the short haired girl only scoffed at her.


"Nothing. Where are you going?" Sakura asked, making her scoff in return. 


"Minjoo. I will visit her." She said and it didn't get unnoticed by Chaeyeon on how the girl's brow goes upwards after she mentioned it. 


She got shocked when Sakura quickly gather her things, pulling her by her arms as she dragged Chaeyeon to the first floor. She met eyes with Yujin, Yena, and Chaewon who are busy playing some puzzles on the floor, they stopped when Sakura called their attention. 


"Chaewon, go with Chaeyeon today, she is going to Minjoo's house." Sakura suddenly said making her frown in response and Yujin's eyes are widening upon hearing the name.


"Me?" Chaewon asked, pointing to herself, their master nodded her head at her. Yena pouted her lips while looking at them.


"I wanna go too!" Yujin said excitedly as she dashed in front of Sakura in just a snap, making Chaeyeon blinks her eyes. 


"You are really fast for a runner, Yujin-ah." She said, the latter glanced at her and flashed a sweet smile before looking at Sakura. 


"No, you will go with me. You told me that you wanted to see your mother." Sakura said making Yujin's face fall down as if her favorite candy is stole by her. 


"But....can we go tomorrow? I wanna go with Chaeyeon today." Yujin mumbled like a lost puppy, Sakura only sighed at her. 


"Yujin-ah, I will tell Minjoo that you say hi to her, and I will convince her to visit this restaurant so you can talk to her." Chaeyeon suddenly butted in making all of them to looked at her, Sakura crossing her arms at her while Yujin's face suddenly lit up as she went to hugged Chaeyeon. 


"Thank you, Chaeyeon!" Yujin said enthusiastically.


"But, why me?" Chaewon asked, Sakura signals her to go to the kitchen, leaving the three clueless while looking at them.


"Why?" She asked. 


"You remember what I told you last time, when I went to get my blazer to that girl?" Sakura asked in low voice, looking at the three girls staring at them, she raised her brows at them making them to looked away. 


"Yeah, I still remember it. Do I really need to do it? I don't wanna invade her privacy." Chaewon spoke softly, Sakura understands because the girl is always uncomfortable using her power to humans but she needs to know and confirm something by the help of Chaewon. 


"I know, just this once. I just need to confirm something." Sakura said at her, leaving her no choice as she nodded her head in agreement. 


"Let's go." Chaewon said as she looked at the confuse girl, Chaeyeon glance at Sakura but she only received at nod as she followed the girl.


"Go, fix yourself." She told Yujin and the girl quickly followed her. 


"I see that you are planning something." She looked at Yena who is staring intently at her and leaning closer, but she pushed the girl's face away from her. 


"I need to confirm something." Sakura shrugged as Yena gave her a confuse and curious look. 



"Is this necessary?" Chaewon asked to Chaeyeon who is holding a plastic bags of foods while she is holding their drinks. 


"Yeah, she requested it." Chaeyeon said as she rings the doorbell, soon enough the gate opened by the butler of the house, they've been guided to the mansion, Chaewon's eyes are wandering as soon as their feet set inside the big house. 


'Minjoo. Minjoo. Minjoo. Here I come.'


Chaewon shook her head when she heard Chaeyeon's thought inside her head, she didn't mean to go inside and hear her thoughts, but she is always curious on how the girl thinks. 


Yes, one of Chaewon's ability is to hear or read someone's mind, though she can only hear it if she wanted to. But, being her, she only does it when it is needed, she respects their privacy by not invading it. But, maybe today, she needs to use it. 


She gets back on reality when Chaeyeon pulled her upstairs, she only looked at her as she can see that the girl isn't that nervous nor afraid at her anymore just like the first time. She isn't mad at her though, Chaewon doesn't really know how to put up the proper interaction and socializing with her but she really want to get close with Chaeyeon just like Yujin.


"Minjoo?" Chaeyeon called as she walks towards a white door on the left side, she just followed the girl quietly while observing things inside the house. 


"Come in!" The girl shouted from inside, Chaeyeon looked at her and pulled her inside.


They are greeted by a nice and big room, it feels to cozy and homey but there is something more than Chaewon can feel, though she shrugged it off as Chaeyeon offered her to take a seat on one of the sofa.


"Yaaa! I thought you are not okay, but look at you, you are more than okay." Chaeyeon scoffed as she went to hugged her best friend who only chuckles at her who have a bright aura surrounding her. 


"I am okay now, I just need a good and long rest."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter