Nineteen: Greatest Treasure

CAÍDO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I never thought I would find you here…”


Sakura whipped her head around, her deep trance from reality is cut off after hearing that voice. She looked at the other angel, her eyes are just following her from the moment she walks to her and Sakura just found her sitting beside her.


“Why are you looking at me like that?” 


Sakura asked and the other angel smiled at her, “Nothing, just checking if you are okay.”


“Why would I not be okay, Yena?” She asked and Yena glance at her before looking at the flowers swaying by the cold breeze of the wind.


“We are worried about you. You think we wouldn’t notice everything from the moment you wake up.” Yena shrugged, “Was it about her?” she added.


“Yes,” Sakura sighed, “I can’t afford to lose her,” she added while rubbing her face roughly, all the frustrations are creeping in her whole existence.

 

“You won’t lose her, we won’t let that happen, no one’s at fault,” Yena reassured her but Sakura can’t convince herself by that, she knows it’s her fault and guilt is eating her. 


“Yena, you know the moment I wake up last night, I tried hard to convince myself but I can’t gulp down what happened and the guilt is eating me every time it crosses my mind,” Sakura confesses, Yena looked at her worriedly and it didn’t help how she feel sad seeing the older angel suffering like this.


“Even if we say it’s an accident, it was still caused by my wrongdoings.”


Yena’s aware after Sakura wakes up, she saw how the older angel tried to collect all her composure as she tried to stop the tears that might fall from her eyes, they all saw it but they choose not to talk about it since they already have an idea about it. Honestly, they want to reassure Sakura that everything will be alright, but they are just lying to themselves because they knew it isn’t, especially if the other angel wakes up. 


Both of them sighed while looking at the grass, Sakura then looked at Yena, she already has the idea why the latter is here. As per what she said, this garden is a good place for thinking and a place for being alone.


“How about you? What will you do?” Sakura asked which made Minjoo looked at her with confusion but she quickly gets it after a few seconds.


“Nothing…” Yena shrugged and she screamed when Sakura smacked her head after she said that, “Why?!” she glared at Sakura.


“Why nothing?! Are you stupid?!” Sakura glared back, crueler stare than her as if they forgot the wretched atmosphere earlier and now they are bickering with each other.


“Oh come on! I can’t just go around her and confess that I have feelings for her after all the words I’ve said to her!” Yena closed her eyes due to frustration while rubbing her face hardly that Sakura finds it scary because Yena might peel her skin from continuously doing the action.


“It’s just easy.” Sakura scoffed boastfully which earned a rolled eye from Yena.


“Stop with that annoying expression, I know Chaeyeon is the first one who confesses from the two of you,” Yena smirked which now earned a frowned from Sakura.


“And who told you that wrong baseless stupid information?” She asked, her brow is raising high from the new information she just heard.


Yena grinned as she stands up, “Wait for Chaeyeon to wake up and I will tell her what you said,” she added while wagging the bottom of her clothing.


“Whatever,” Sakura rolled her eyes.


“I’ll go back to the common room now, I’ll check them,” Yena stated and she only nodded her head, “Do you want to come?” she asked but Sakura shook her head while smiling timidly.


“Are you sure?” Yena asked and she smiled which just made the latter sighed, “Okay, just….don't overthink too much,” she reminded while looking at the blank face of Sakura again.


“Yes, just update me if one of them wakes up,” Sakura muttered enough for Yena to hear it, she only nodded her head even if the older isn’t looking at her way.


Sakura sighed deeply once she heard Yena’s footsteps walking away from her position, but she turns her head around when Yena called her.


“Sakura…”


She looked at Yena, waiting for the younger angel to talk, 


“Remember, octo until we die, so, no one will lose no one, we’ll defeat Lucifer with all of us sticking together, we will protect the Elysium.” 


Sakura could only stare at Yena who grinned at her, she smiled at the younger while nodding her head.


“Yeah, octa until we die.” 

 


 


“Do you know how to say that you like someone in a subtle way?” Chaeyeon asked, her eyes are trailed intently to the girl who keeps her mind awake during midnight these past few days, the girl shook her head which made Chaeyeon smiled at her, the feeling in her chest is too much that she just want to let it out to the girl beside her.


“How?” The girl asked and Chaeyeon looked at the night sky, “The moon is so pretty, right?” She said softly and the girl nodded her head.


“It is.” The older girl muttered.


Chaeyeon sighed, a strong force is pulling her to spit out the words.


“It is very gorgeous.” She said, staring at the girl beside her, Chaeyeon can feel how the rhythm of her heart changes to quicker pace the moment her eyes landed on the girl especially when her love interest glance at her way, for a moment Chaeyeon can’t make open as they were slowly drowning at each other’s galaxy orbs.


Chaeyeon then smiles before she spits out the words, the words she meant to say for someone she loves, alternative for those ‘I love you’.

 
“The moon is so pretty, Saku-chan,” Chaeyeon said while staring at Sakura with so many emotions, she gulped down as she gathers her courage to reach out for the older girl’s hand, intertwining both of their hands before smiling at her.

 


Chaeyeon gasped for air, panting heavily as if she was running from some murderer, her body managed to lean on the headrest for her to sit upon the mattress. 


The moment she roamed her eyes around, the other angels went on her side to check if she is doing okay. 


“Yeon, are you okay? Does it hurt somewhere?” 


She looked at Hyewon after the girl asked her, she only nodded her head. Then she received a glass of water from Minjoo.


“You’re awake..” She said, looking at her best friend, Minjoo smiled and nodded her head at her, her eyes can also see with worry as she stared at her best friend. 


“Yes, I woke up yesterday with Yena,” Minjoo stated she gets the empty glass from Chaeyeon after the older drinks it.


“Chaeyeon, my daughter, are you okay?” The Queen asked, embracing her in a soft hug before checking her daughter’s condition.

Chaeyeon smiled at her mother before nodding her head for confirmation.


“How long am I sleeping?” Chaeyeon asked.


“Ten days. You’re the fourth angel who wakes up.” Nako stated while she is busy checking the sleeping Yujin and Chaewon, who still hasn’t fully regained their memories.


“So, do you remember everything?” Nako asked, looking at Chaeyeon.


“Yes…all of it.” She uttered, her eyes roamed around the place, her eyes are finding someone who she was thinking of before and after she wakes up.


Chaeyeon’s sure of what she is feeling now. 


Eunbi noticed it, she shook her head while smiling.


“She’s at the garden,” Eunbi stated which made Chaeyeon to looked at her way,


Chaeyeon muttered her thanks, then she dragged herself to the garden after fixing herself, they can’t bother to stop her since it can’t help anymore, it’s their time to continue everything.


“She’s beyond okay.” Eunbi chuckles, but it faded soon as her eyes landed on the sleeping figure of two angels.

 


 


Sakura sighed at the top of her lungs, she looked at the night sky, it’s calming and relaxing her but there is something heavy in her chest she’s been feeling after she woke up, it’s bothering her, she doesn’t know what it is.


But she’s glad that they have their memories back again, she’s happy after regaining it back, she finally remembered everything and the feelings she has for Chaeyeon, she is sure of it. 


She sighed once again.


“How many times will you sighed?” 


Sakura quickly whipped her head after hearing that familiar voice, Chaeyeon can see how the angel's eyes glow up after seeing her and it really feel amazing for Chaeyeon, she can feel the butterflies in her stomach.


“Hi….” Chaeyeon chuckles, walking to Sakura’s place who is stoned on her spot.


Sakura’s eyes never leaving her, every step that Chaeyeon made, her eyes are glued to her lover.


“Are you gonna stare at me? Really?” She asked after reaching Sakura’s place, standing at her front, leaving a small space between them.


“Yes, would it be a crime if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter