Twenty-two: Vulnerable

CAÍDO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Hyewon’s gaze is flatly glued to the two-person talking at the front yard of Jang Wonyoung’s house. She’s busy peeling the tangerine that Hitomi just brought earlier from the market. Her hands come with pure intuition peeling the round fruit as her eyes are still stuck on the two. 

 

Yena who came from her the upper floor saw her, she even followed Hyewon’s gaze. After seeing it, a smirk slowly formed on her lips before approaching the said angel who’s sitting on the couch of the living room.

 

“What’s with that serious stare, Hyewon?” 

 

Hyewon glance at her, at that moment she feels so annoyed seeing the stupid smirk on Yena’s face. She can quickly comprehend why the younger angel’s giving such expression. 

 

“Why are you staring at me like that?” She asked, completely annoyed. 

 

Yena quickly distances herself from Hyewon as she can see the other angel’s aura is getting darker, she chuckles lightly while smiling at her.

 

“Are you feeling something you couldn’t comprehend while staring at them?” Yena asked, her lips pointing to Chaeyeon and Eunbi.  

 

Hyewon furrowed her brows, “Yes,” she replied shortly.

 

Yena grinned at her, “So, are you jealous?”

 

Hyewon whipping her head to Yena, she glared at her as her face can be seen with so much disbelief. 

“The heck, Yena? I am not for heavenly sake!” 


“Why are you shouting then?” 


“’ Coz you’re annoying.”  


“Ya! Why are you smacking my head?! 

 

Hyewon just rolled her eyes at Yena before shifting back her attention to Chaeyeon and Eunbi. She can’t seem to understand what the two were talking about. She even tried reading their lips but it’s not even useful. She’s really sure Eunbi’s hiding something from them, what she can’t understand is why would she hide it? And why does Chaeyeon knows it.

 

Yena pinched her nose, Hyewon’s busy staring at the two figures. She shook her head before asking a question again.

“If you aren’t jealous, then why?” 


Hyewon sighed, “They’re not telling us something,”


“What?” Yena asked, eyeing her as if she’s serious with her words. 


Hyewon sighed, “I know they’re hiding something from us. I just can’t understand, why hide?”


“How can you say that?” Yena asked, she finally occupied the other couch so she can face Hyewon. This talk might be a serious thing.


Hyewon then started telling Yena what she witnessed last night. From the moment she woke up in the middle of the night and before she fell asleep again. Scratch that, when she tried to sleep but failed. 


“So, Eunbi and Chaeyeon lied?” Yena asked, her eyes went to Chaeyeon and Eunbi.

 

The two are still talking with each other. They seem in a serious talk, basing from how Chaeyeon has a wrinkled forehead while Eunbi’s trying to explain something. 

 

Hyewon only nodded her head. She hates to think about it, but Eunbi really lied to her. She can’t let it go, why? Because Eunbi never lied to her, even from the past. Hyewon’s the first one that will always know what Eunbi will do in the future or whatever plan she has. That’s why she can’t take it well.

 

Yena tilts her head while she already had a cross leg which only means, she’s thinking hard. She stared at them,
 
“Then, why are they hiding it from us?” She mumbles a frown is visible on her face from thinking of valuable reason.


“I don’t know.”


“What’s even there to hide?” Yena asked once again, nibbling her thumb like a kid. 


“That’s what I want to know,”


 
“What do you want to know?” 

 

Hyewon and Yena whipped their head to the newly arrived person, both of them stared at each other with those uneasy eyes. As if they’ve been caught from doing an illegal thing.

 

“What’s up?” Sakura asked she looked at the two questioningly.

 

Hyewon cleared , “I can’t wait to know where’s Chaewon,” She answered, she then looked at Yena with such expression.

 

Yena nodded eagerly, “Yes, I hope we’ll find her soon,” She answered, riding along with Hyewon’s little excuse.

 

“I hope so,” Sakura sighed from the mere mention of the name, “I’ll ask Eunbi whether she already has located Chaewon,” she added before standing.

 

Hyewon and Yena stared at Sakura who’s walking out to the front yard where Chaeyeon and Eunbi are. Both of them sighed as if they’ve just got out from a great danger, well it really is.

 

“She’ll be mad if she finds out we’re hiding something from all of the angels,” Yena sighed, looking at Sakura who’s already smiling after she was greeted by Chaeyeon.


“We’re not hiding something from her,” She quickly defended. 


“We just did, about Chaeyeon and Eunbi’s unusual behavior.” Yena puffed through the air. 

 

Hyewon nodded her head, “Makes sense,” she sighed deeply before plopping herself on the couch after realizing Yena’s right. 

 


* * * * *

 

 
“Unnie, will this be enough for our dinner later?” 


Eunbi looked at Wonyoung, she tried to stifle her chuckles but failed. The taller girl looked at her with so much confusion. She looks like a kid who’s lost on some task that she doesn’t even know how to do. 

 

“Wonyoung-ah, don’t worry too much. Sakura already gave the list we should buy.” Eunbi assured the worried younger, she chuckles as a pout form on Wonyoung’s lips.

 

The taller girl pouted, “I’m just making sure we’ll have enough food.” 

 

“Don’t worry, Sakura and Chaeyeon are there. They can do that,” Eunbi grinned at her. 

After assuring the younger, she excused herself to go to the restroom. The taller quickly smiled at her before talking where they should meet after.

 

Wonyoung only sighed before nodding her head. She roams her eyes around at the supermarket to find some foods, but her eyes landed on someone she’s been missing so much. Her heart stopped for a moment because of the sudden eye contact she’s having with her. If Eunbi’s with her, she will definitely ask the older if she’s seeing this right. 

 

She’s seeing Chaewon, right in her front of her. She’s smiling softly while walking towards Wonyoung. And the taller girl seemed to freeze on her spot as her mind went blank. She can’t determine if she’s dreaming or not. 

 

“Wait!” Wonyoung shouted when Chaewon turned left, she quickly made her step to run after the brunette girl. She can’t afford to lose sight of the brunette girl this time. 

 

“Wait up!” She called out but Chaewon continues to walk, the taller girl also continued to follow her. Not minding how the other people are looking at her because she keeps on shouting. 

 

After minutes of them walking, Chaewon stopped that made Wonyoung also stopped. She then looked at her surrounding before realizing that they are still in the mall. Specifically, they reached the parking lot. It’s only the two of them and the cars parked in its places. 

 

“Why did you followed me until here?” Chaewon asked, her voice is full of softness. It’s just even if she tried to be cold when it comes to this taller girl. Her walls just keep on breaking down. 

 

“Huh?” Wonyoung asked she shook her head after realizing how she dazed off because of hearing that soft voice from the brunette. 

 

Chaewon turns around so she can face the taller girl, “I asked why did you follow me here,”

 

Wonyoung can’t properly seem to find her tongue, the only thing she can do is stare at the brunette girl. She can already feel the lump on . It’s frustrating her since she wanted to ask many things to Chaewon but here she is, she can’t even bother to find her tongue to speak. 

 

Chaewon sighed, she walks towards the younger after comprehending that the taller girl wouldn’t budge on her spot. So, this time, she’ll be the one walking towards her. 

 

“Eunbi will look for you,” The brunette stated, still walking to the stiffened taller girl.

 

Chaewon then stopped three feet away from Wonyoung. The taller girl’s just staring at her, so the brunette didn’t waste time before doing what she wanted to do.

 

Wonyoung then felt how she was being wrapped by Chaewon’s arms, the brunette enveloped her in a tight hug. The taller girl just stood still while feeling the warmth coming from Chaewon that she’s been missing for a long time. 


The taller girl feels so secured, the silence is filling their ear except for their loud beating hearts. Maybe it was the effect of finally being with someone you adore so much, the feeling of longing. 

 

Chaewon felt Wonyoung returned the hug, she smiled before softly caressing the taller girl’s hair. 

 

“They’re looking for you,” Wonyoung mumbles for the first time, she’s about to back away from the hug but Chaewon just tightened it more. 


“Don’t,” Chaewon muttered, she wanted to savor this moment because she isn’t sure when Wonyoung will be on her arms again or it might be the last time. Nothing is sure this time. 


“They’re finding you, especially your friends.” Wonyoung repeated, she feels Chaewon hummed as the brunette girl buried her head on her neck.


“Don’t you want to show up to them?” Wonyoung asked.


“Not yet,” Chaewon mumbles.


“Why?”


“Just not yet,” The brunette sighed and Wonyoung just let it go. Whatever is the brunette thinking, she hopes she’s considering her friends. 

 

“I’ve missed you,” Chaewon finally blurte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter