Seventeen: Under the night sky

CAÍDO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Yeon, good morning!” 


Chaeyeon looked and she smiled after seeing Hyewon run towards her, the older is beaming widely as she bowed her head to her.


“Ya! I told you to stop doing that!” Chaeyeon whines, Hyewon shook her head but surrenders after seeing Chaeyeon squinting her eyes at her.


“Fine, fine. Can’t mess with you.” Hyewon pouted this time, Chaeyeon just pushed her face softly before doing what she is doing before Hyewon came.


“Why are you even watering these flowers? You can just let the guards do it.” Hyewon asked while she helps Chaeyeon watering the plants.


“I don’t have anything to do. I also love flowers, so I don’t mind doing this.” Chaeyeon stated and Hyewon just nods her head while observing every move Chaeyeon made.


Soon enough, Hyewon sprinkles water to Chaeyeon’s face, the younger one looked at her, shocked. But, Chaeyeon quickly recovered and started sprinkling water to Hyewon’s face, as they started playing with each other.


“So, what will you do?” Eunbi asked and looked at Sakura who is watching the two play with each other.


“What do you mean?” Sakura asked, trying to ignore the jealousy creeping in her chest. She wants to be close to Chaeyeon, just like that, but they are too awkward with each other.


“Sakura, you’re not dumb. I know you know by now that Hyewon looks at Chaeyeon in a different way, like how the way you looked at Chaeyeon.” Eunbi stated, as she also tries to mask the pain she is feeling. How she wishes she can make Hyewon like that.


“Hyewon is like a family to me. I don’t wanna hurt her if she knew that I feel something for Chaeyeon.” Sakura sighed.


Eunbi nodded her head, she sighed, because this is also how Sakura handled things before they lost their memories. She keeps on hiding what she is feeling with Chaeyeon because she can’t afford to hurt her dearest friend. 

Eunbi looked and Hyewon, before smiling, she knows what will happen after this. The same thing is just happening like before.


“Sakura, just do what you want. Hyewon also values you more than anything.” Eunbi said and Sakura knows what it means, she nodded her head while smiling softly at the two angles playing happily.

 

 

“Yuri…can we talk to you?” 


Yuri looked from her bed, there she saw Minjoo and Chaeyeon standing at the door as their faces are getting build up with serious expression.


It’s just afternoon and she needs to deal with her friends.


“Sure,” Yuri said, she sits up on her bed and watched as Chaeyeon went to sit on her bed and followed by Minjoo.


Yuri just looked at the two while waiting for them to talk, she sighed when no one from them tried to open their mouth, Yuri’s about to open but Chaeyeon talked.


“So, all this time, you knew all along with everything?” The older from the three of them asked she nodded her head as an answer.


“Don’t ask why I didn’t tell you, it’s the Queen’s order so, I can’t spout out the information that I know, she told me not, so I didn’t because I respect our Majesty,” Yuri explained to them. The two nodded their head because they understand.


“But it’s really crazy that we didn’t even notice a thing from you.” Minjoo started which just made Yuri laughed, “Yeah, I didn’t really get an idea that you were not a human.” Chaeyeon added.


“Excuse me, you two aren’t also human.” Yuri snorted before continuing, “I am giving credits to my outstanding acting. I really did great!” she added and held her hands on the air while bowing her head as if she just won from an election.


“I can’t disagree with that, you’re really great at acting that you didn’t know a thing.” Chaeyeon sneered and Yuri just laughed at her.


“Enough with me, at least you knew now. So, Minjoo…” Yuri started and looked at the confused Minjoo, “How is it going with Yujin?” she smirked, caused as soon as she dropped the name, Minjoo’s cheeks blushed.


“What about her?” Minjoo asked dumbly, Chaeyeon just chuckle because she can see how her best friend is trying to dismiss the topic related to her.


“Oh come on, just spill the tea about the two of you. Yujin and you are so inseparable since the moment we came home here. The younger is always by your side and clingy towards you, Minjoo. You can’t convince me that nothing is going on between the two of you.” Yuri stated as Chaeyeon waits for Minjoo to answer the question.


“Fine,” Minjoo sighed, “I like her, I just realized it when I saw her again, I don’t know, the thought of not seeing her after all of us got separated with them, it frightens me, I am afraid, not able to see her,” MInjoo confessed, by then, Yuri and Chaeyeon screamed at the top of her lungs, just like a teenager who got a confession from their lovers.


Minjoo’s about to stop the two when a loud bang from the door echoed and that got their attention, especially Sakura and Hyewon came out huffing on the door except for Yujin while they have themselves getting ready to attack.


“Where’s the enemy?!” Yujin shouted she’s suddenly holding a sword.


“Yeon, you good?” Hyewon asked who is beside Yujin, Chaeyeon nodded her head to her, a sigh of relief escapes Hyewon’s lip.


“Jjaeyeon, are you okay? Did something happen?” Sakura asked, in just a short time she is beside Chaeyeon while checking the girl’s arms to see if there is an injury, the concern is so visible in her eyes and voice, that just made Chaeyeon’s heart fluttered especially from the way that Sakura is checking if she is hurt or something. 


Yuri and Minjoo looked at Chaeyeon who is resisting herself to smile while looking at the worried Sakura. The two looked at each other with a teasing smile before staring at Sakura and Chaeyeon who are having their own world.


“Ehem!” Yuri faked coughed in a loud way to get Sakura and Chaeyeon’s attention, she smiled at them when she succeeded.


“Your highness, can we get our friend’s attention back? Apparently, we are talking something important and no one is attacking us.” Yuri talked to Sakura, the older angel looked at Chaeyeon after checking she’s alright.


“Sure, but…may I know why did you scream? It made us worried.” Sakura asked.


“Oh, we’re just from something.” Yuri grinned while smirking at Yujin who is now confused from the stare she is receiving from her, “Don’t worry, nothing happened. We are all fine, so if you may excuse, can you all leave my room, the three of us are still talking.” Yuri added.


“Ah, sure. Sorry, call us if something happened, we’re just everywhere.” Sakura stated and Yuri nodded her head.


“Jjaeyeon, meet me at the garden, later evening.” Sakura suddenly said while looking at Chaeyeon, the younger blinks her eyes, but she nodded her head not bothering to ask more.


“Great, see you.” Sakura flashed a smile at her, Chaeyeon also smiled back.


Yuri escorted the three of them from walking outside her room, she even had to drag Yujin if it weren’t for Sakura pinching her ears because she is insisting to stay with Minjoo.


“So…” Yuri started after locking the door and now, she looked at Chaeyeon, “What was that? As far as I know, you and Sakura are tsundere with each other, but I just saw the other side earlier.” Yuri grinned.


“I don’t know, she just constantly taking care of me after I stepped my foot here. And yeah, she is really so nice to me these few weeks.” Chaeyeon answered and her cheeks flushed before saying, “And her actions,  fuzzy feelings in my stomach…it’s fluttering me, and I like it, actually.” 


Now, it’s Minjoo and Yuri’s turn to scream but they held themselves because the others may barge in again.


“So, confess! Do you feel something to Sakura?” Minjoo asked this time.


And Chaeyeon stopped at her tracks while looking at the two, she sighed before shrugging, “I don’t know…”


Her two friends raised their brow at her, Chaeyeon could only sigh.


She is still unsure if she really likes the girl, but these two weeks that she is here in the Elysium, Sakura never failed to show different sides of her to Chaeyeon. She is constantly taking care of her, she’s even so nice to Chaeyeon which the younger one finds amusing and fluttering at the same time. 


“Chaeyeon! You clearly feel something to her!” Minjoo frustrated sighed at her best friend. 


Chaeyeon wanted to be sure of what she truly feels for Sakura, she doesn’t want to rush it, so she’s taking baby steps. But, she is lying if she’d say that her heart isn’t thumping and beating so fast whenever Sakura is around her, she is getting nervous when they are in intimate proximity caused by some accidents. 


She needs to be sure of what she feels towards the shorthaired girl because she started to see Sakura differently after all the revelations that she heard from Eunbi, and Chaeyeon doesn’t want to think that it’s just because of that.


“I don’t know, I want to be sure.” 

 


 

Meanwhile, Yujin, Sakura, and Hyewon are now walking inside the palace after the incident of barging in Yuri’s room happened.


“Yujin, can you find Chaewon for me? Ask her to wait in my room if you see her. I need to talk to Hyewon first.” Sakura suddenly said, made the two to stopped and looked at her.


“Oh, okay…” Yujin nodded her head, not trying to complain as she left the two, how can she even complain when Sakura is so serious.


“You really want to have alone time with me, huh?” Hyewon grinned as she put her arms on Sakura’s shoulder.


“Alone time, my . Don’t be so clingy to me, ya!” Sakura groaned when Hyewon just made a face before hugging her, she only rolled her eyes as they walked to the garden of the Elysium.


“Tsk, you are so serious.” Hyewon chuckles before separating herself from Sakura.


The two enveloped in silence, no one’s even bothering to talk. Hyewon already knows where this talk will go.


She looked at Sakura, smiling before she started to talk, “Sakura, you know how much I value you above anything else. You mean so much to me, you’re my family even if we’re not related by blood.” she started which made the older one looked at her way.


Sakura just listened as her eyes are staring at the flowers.


“You mean so much to me, that’s why your happiness is what matters to me the most.” Hyewon smiled softly before looking at Sakura who is lost in her trance.


“Then, what about your happiness?” Sakura asked, Hyewon chuckles at her, "I am happy if my friends are happy,” Hyewon told honestly, she smiled at Sakura, no tricks and foolishness are written on her face but pure honesty.


Sakura stared at her, balling her fist as she talked, 

 


“I’m going to confess to Chaeyeon.”

 

 

Hyewon stared at Sakura, her lips are smiling as she finally heard what she wanted Sakura to say to her.


“Great, don’t mess it up.” Hyewon chuckles softly but she stopped when Sakura is looking at her blankly, “why? did I say something wrong?” she asked.

 

“Won’t you stop me?” Sakura asked Hyewon raised her brow at her friend.


“Why would I?” Hyewon frowned at her, she widens her eyes when Sakura shouted at her but she smiled.

 


"you like her!” 

 

Hyewon chuckles, “So what if I really do?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter