Twenty: Wrath of Envy

CAÍDO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sakura stirred in her sleep, feeling the sudden absence of warmth beside that causes her to open her eyes groggily. She looked at the empty cushion beside her, she yawns before roaming her eyes around to find Chaeyeon but there hasn’t a trace of her lover.


“Chaeyeon?” She called out after pulling herself from the bed.


Sakura made her way to the stairs of the palace when she didn’t see any sign of her lover, she even went to the dining room but she only greeted by the servant angels inside.

She pursed her lips after her feet dragged her to the garden, it’s the only place that she can think of where the younger would be. 


Sakura smiled when she isn’t wrong about her hunch after seeing Chaeyeon sitting peacefully under the magical tree in the garden. She slowly made her way to the younger who is caught up by watching the butterflies flying at the place. 

She made her way behind Chaeyeon’s back, Sakura grinned as she s her bare hands to cover Chaeyeon’s eyes, wanted to surprise the younger but she pouted when it didn’t come successfully.


“You’re awake,” Chaeyeon muttered, placing her own hand to softly removing Sakura’s hands on her eyes, she then tilted her head behind to looked at the older girl, but Sakura is already pouting.

“What’s with that face?” She asked.


“I was gonna surprise you but you knew that it was me,” Sakura whines like a kid, Chaeyeon looked at her while she made her way to the younger and Sakura lied down on Chaeyeon’s lap before pouting at the younger girl who is just staring at her every.


Chaeyeon smiled at her, “I knew it was you, just from your scent and soft hands, I can tell it’s you.” the younger explained before caressing Sakura’s cheeks.


“That’s great, princess.” Sakura chuckles before closing her eyes.


The peacefulness in the garden made her want to sleep more and add how comfortable she is lying her head on Chaeyeon’s lap, “You slept in, yet you are still sleepy?” she heard Chaeyeon said, she only smiled before responding, “This is making me sleep, you’re so comfy….” Sakura added.


Chaeyeon only shook her head, “Such a big sleeper,” her hands then went to Sakura’s head and she started massaging her scalp, which just made Sakura sleepier.


“I’m really gonna sleep if you keep doing that,” Sakura yawns and opened her eyes, only to be greeted by the smiling face of Chaeyeon,


The princess smiled at her, “Then sleep,” then continues from rubbing her scalp softly, Sakura can feel her eyelids getting heavy from Chaeyeon’s doings.


Chaeyeon looked at Sakura after the older angel didn’t reply, she only shook her head after hearing some soft snores coming from her, “Such a sleeper, you can’t stop sleeping, don’t you?” she talks softly while staring at Sakura’s visual.


Chaeyeon doesn’t mind it though, so they stay like that for almost two hours, with her hands sometimes massaging Sakura’s scalp and sometimes just caressing it, additional with her humming sounds.


“Oh….I slept,” 


Chaeyeon looked after hearing Sakura talked, she chuckles after seeing her eyes are red from the sleep, “Yes, you did.” she responded and pinched the other angel’s cheeks.


Sakura then yawned before rubbing her eyes softly, “I told you if you keep doing that I’m gonna sleep,” she mumbles softly, Chaeyeon just shrugged at her.


“I love doing it,” Chaeyeon muttered while having eye contact with Sakura.


“Well, I love you though,” Sakura responded quickly which made Chaeyeon blushed.


Chaeyeon blushed harder when Sakura steals a kiss from her lips, she looked at the older, “What?” Sakura uttered, “Are you upset that I stole a kiss from you? The give it back to me,” she added with a wide grin drawn in her lips.


Chaeyeon rolled her eyes at her, “Sneaky, aren’t you?” she flicks Sakura’s forehead softly which earned a groan from the older angel.


“Hey, what was that for?” Sakura asked, sitting up while pouting at her, “You don’t have to flick my forehead, you could just kiss me.” she added while rubbing her forehead.


Chaeyeon’s about to talk but stopped after her attention-getting shifted to the running figure, Sakura even looked at her gaze, they’re both squinting their eyes from the running angel towards them.


Sakura frowned after seeing Yena upfront them, “You’re running again, every time I see you, you always―” she got stopped from talking when Yena spouts the good news.


“YUJIN’S AWAKE!!!!!” Yena uttered, pure excitement can be seen in her eyes.


Chaeyeon’s eyes lit up from the good news, she looked at Sakura who quickly stands up at her position, she dusted off the dirt from her clothes.


“Let’s go see her,” Sakura uttered and held her hand out for Chaeyeon, the younger quickly accepted it as she stands up and dusted off the dirt from her own clothes, Sakura even helps her from it, beside them is the panting Yena who can only stare at the not-so-romantic scene in her front.


After the two finished, they quickly headed to the common room, with Chaeyeon and Sakura have their hands intertwined with each other, behind them are Yena who is just quietly following them. 


After arriving at the common room, all eyes are on Sakura and Chaeyeon who are still clasping their hands together, Yena popped beside the two and headed to Hyewon and Eunbi.


She looked at the two whose eyes are to Sakura and Chaeyeon, “Where’d you find them?” Hyewon asked, Eunbi also looked at her.


“At the garden,” She shrugged, then looked at the Chaeyeon and Sakura walking towards Yujin.


Chaeyeon walks towards Yujin who is getting comforted by Minjoo, “Hey, how are you doing baby sis?” she asked softly.


“Unnie!” Yujin smiled at her, her eyes turning into a crescent one after that smile, “I’m fine…just a little tired and dizzy.” Yujin added, then Chaeyeon looked at her before letting go of Sakura’s hands as she motioned Yujin to hugged her, which is soon granted by the youngest angel.

“I’m glad you are okay, does it hurt somewhere?” Chaeyeon asked after she pulled away from the embrace, Yujin chuckles at her, “No, unnie. You’re like Minjoo, she asked me that same question too…” the younger added, she pouted when Minjoo slapped her arms playfully.


Chaeyeon could only laugh at that cute scenario, “That’s good, you should take some rest…” she added, Yujin nodded her head while giving that eye-smile at her, but the youngest angel’s eyes landed when Chaeyeon snakes her arms around Sakura’s arms.


Yujin slowly smirked, “Glad you two get back now….” she winks then looked at their intertwined hands which are caused by Sakura.


“Glad to see you again, Yujin…” Sakura grinned and winks at the younger angel.

“You won’t ask the same question, right?” Yujin asked which just made her chuckle.


All of them checked up on Yujin even the Queen doesn’t leave her side just to make sure that her youngest daughter is doing good and in her stable condition. The six older angels were busy talking to Yujin, not realizing that the last unconscious angel has her eyes opened and regain her consciousness.


Nako grinned after seeing that the last angel woke up, she’s about to get the attention of the other angels but got stopped after sensing a different aura from the newly awake angel. She then started to walk towards her, “Are you okay?  Does it hurt somewhere?” she asked, the angel then looked up, grinning widely at her but her eyes are screaming so much misery.


Chaewon clenched her jaw tightly, looking straightly at Nako’s eyes, “Yes, it hurts here…” she added and pointed at her chest, Nako’s about to talk to her but she got thrown to the corner of the room when Chaewon shrugged her off, the loud sound of the commotion gathered all the attention of the angels inside the common room.


Chaeyeon quickly runs towards Nako and helped the younger ones.


“Chaewon, calm down…” The Queen uttered, looking at the furious angel, the fear is creeping in her body, this is what she is fearing to happen, once Chaewon regains her consciousness she will be like this, full of revenge is the only thing that’s probably in her mind.


Chaewon looked up, she has this sharp glare while directly staring at the Queen, “Good to see you too Queen,” she chuckles, she then stands up from the bed while staring at all the angels, “How does it feel to lose someone?” she asked to all of them, no one answered her since they all know who she’s pertaining to, she looked at the specific angel then grinned, “How does it feel, Sakura?” she asked furiously, her voice full of venom and her eyes are screaming so much madness.


A madness that can cause her to kill.


Sakura gulped down, the guilt is literally eating her, “Chaewon, let’s talk please…” she uttered trying to walk to the newly awake angel.


“Don’t fuc*ing come near me!” Chaewon shouted angrily, her black eyes are quickly turned into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter