Twenty-one: Falsehood

CAÍDO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Hyewon threw her gaze to her friends who are all tight-lipped the whole time while they are in their usual place: maybe it can call as their headquarters since they are always in this place to talk about important matters, just like now. They are here to talk about Chaewon's possible location. 


Hyewon gaze turns to Chaeyeon, who initiates to start the conversation since all of them are keeping their mouth mum. 


"So, where do you think she will go?" Chaeyeon asked, looking at all of them. 


Hyewon then looked at her friends, seems like they are thinking hard for the possibilities, she then glimpses at Sakura and turns out the older angel is already looking at her. Hyewon knows one thing, she and Sakura are thinking the same thing. 


She then turns her gaze beside her, which is Eunbi, she can ask the older if there's a possibility that Chaewon is there, they can use her precognition.


Hyewon frowned, seeing how Eunbi's spacing out, "Hey, you okay?" she asked while tapping the other angel's shoulder to get her attention which is successful. 


Eunbi flinched before looking at her, "Yeah? Is there a problem?" She asked.


Hyewon just blinks her eyes, shrugging it off, "Are you okay? Still tired?" She asked since the older angel isn't in herself.


"I'm fine, just thinking," Eunbi mumbles before paying attention to Sakura who just talked. 


Hyewon glimpse at her, she stared at Eunbi. Her eyes are full of doubt, she can feel that there's more to it on why Eunbi seems to odd for her. But well, being her, she decided to ignore it. 


Sakura then looked at them, "I think I know where would she be, there's one person that she will go to." she said, her eyes are full of determination to find the younger angel. Of course, she wouldn't want to lose Chaewon, she can't let it happen.


Sakura looked at Chaeyeon, "Chaeyeon and I will talk to the Queen about finding Chaewon, all of you just prepare yourself." She added and all of them nodded as an agreement. 


Eunbi then flinched when Sakura called her name, she looked at her with eyes questioning. 


"Can you see where Chaewon might be? With the use of your ability?" Sakura asked. 


Eunbi bit her lower lip, "I will try to find her," she answered and Sakura nodded her head, all of them are already standing up.


"We'll go as soon as we finished informing the Queen," Sakura added and proceed to go to the Queen with Chaeyeon. 


All of them are now out to prepare, but one person chooses to stay in the room to think. 


Eunbi sighed as she decided to leave the room but got stopped when a hand stops her. She then turned around and Hyewon's blank face is staring at her. 


Eunbi froze but she managed to talk, "You're still here, I thought you leave with them.." she trailed while avoiding Hyewon's gaze. 


"What is this Hye? Why are you looking at me like that?" Eunbi chuckled as she tried to remove Hyewon's hand on her own. "Let's go," she added before walking outside. 
 

"Are you hiding something from us?" 


Eunbi stopped from walking after she heard that from Hyewon, felt like a bucket of ice poured all over her existence, as expected from the younger angel, her instincts are really not crappy.  


Eunbi chuckles, "What do you think?" she asked, her back facing Hyewon. 


Hyewon frowned harder, "So, you are hiding something. What is it?" she asked, not understanding why Eunbi is acting this way. 


Eunbi shrugged, "If I'm hiding something, you'll be the first one to know it and it will always be a good thing." she answered before leaving Hyewon who is just staring at her back. 


Hyewon sighed, "Yeah, that better be good, Eunbi." she mumbled before walking to her friends. 

 

 

...

 

 

“You bought a lot of snacks, are you sure we can finish all?” 

 

“We can finish it all,”

 

Hiichan’s pushing the cart following her, “Wonyoung, may I remind you that it’s just the two of us? The unnies aren’t here with us for the sleepover.” she scoffed to the younger.


Wonyoung then picked up the cans of coke, “Then don’t eat it all,” she chuckles while tossing it in the cart, “Rich ,” Hiichan only shook her head at her antics.

 

They were on their way on the counter since Hiichan managed to stop Wonyoung from buying more, the younger then stiffened on her track which made Hiichan stopped.


She looked at Wonyoung, “Hey, what’s the matter?”, she asked.


Wonyoung shook her head then sighed, “I just missed the unnies,” she mumbles, Hiichan smiled softly before rubbing Wonyoung’s shoulder. 


“I missed them too, I wonder how they are doing.” Hiichan chuckles, “They’re not even responding to my messages. I understand Nako and Yuri since they are lazy but it isn’t Chaeyeon-unnie and Minjoo-like…” Hiichan uttered which made Wonyoung glanced at her.


“I bet there’s no signal in Heaven,” Wonyoung uttered unconsciously, it slipped out from as if it’s nothing.


Hiichan then turned at her with wide eyes, “What heaven?!?”, she shrieked in panic which made Wonyoung scold herself as it came to her that Hiichan doesn’t have any idea about it.


Wonyoung chuckles nervously, her eyes are twitching as her voice, “I’m just kidding,” she stated while walking to the counter to avoid the glare coming from Hiichan. She should really watch not to spill things easily.


Wonyoung placed her arms on Hiichan’s shoulder as they proceeded to the counter.

                                                                                    
Hiichan mumbles, “But I wonder why they aren’t replying to my messages,” Wonyoung just shrugged at her, “and isn’t it confusing, I tried to go to the restaurant where Chaeyeon-unnie works and stays, but there’s no one there and when I looked inside…it’s messy.” she stated and Wonyoung looked at her with eyes wide.


Hiichan then looked at her, “Do you think something bad happened to them?” she asked.


Wonyoung then shook her head, “No, they are just in a vacation.” she prevented eye-contact with Hiichan. In the end, Hiichan just nodded her head and it’s Wonyoung relieving moment when the latter didn’t follow up another question.


After they pay all their items, they walk to Wonyoung’s house since the convenient store is just fifteen minutes walk away from her house where she and Hiichan will do their sleepover, impulsively decided by Wonyoung because of her boredom, and well Hiichan quickly approved of it, but one thing they forgot was there aren’t enough snacks in Wonyoung’s leading them to the store.


“What’s your plan after we graduate?” Hiichan asked while they’re walking.


Wonyoung pursed her lips before answering, “Hmm, guess I will quickly find a job here,” she answered.


Hiichan halted in her step, eyes quickly wandered to her, “Here?” she asked and Wonyoung nodded her head, “Why? You said that you will work abroad since your uncle offered you to work there…” she added.


Wonyoung then stopped in her step, she looked up to watch the stars above the night sky, “I suddenly want to stay here…” she mumbles, enough for Hiichan to hear it.


Hiichan frowned at her, “What? As far as I remember, you are the top person who wants to work abroad.” she said, voice laced of astonishment.


Wonyoung turned a little, “Change of heart, I guess…” smiling softly as she looked at Hiichan as the latter only stared at her. But something caught her attention as her gaze passed Hiichan. 

 

Hiichan shook her head as she continued walking, “You’re eager to work abroad before, it’s clearly your dream to work abroad, I can’t comprehend how people had a change of heart so quick.” she sighed, not realizing that Wonyoung isn’t walking with her.


Wonyoung didn’t catch up on Hiichan’s words cause her stares are tracked on something, or should she say, someone. Her eyes squinting so hard to see the image from afar quickly, she froze on her spot when she looked carefully, she is now sure it’s someone.


Her heart suddenly pounds rapidly as her eyes eventually settled on the face, Wonyoung gulped down as she looked at those eyes, it’s so familiar, those stares that are looking at her way. Wonyoung knows who it is, especially after her gaze dropped on her nose.


Wonyoung chuckles softly while staring at the figure, “I knew it, I thought that I am getting paranoid on feeling that someone’s watching me these past days…” she whispered while smiling at the figure from afar, “I know it’s you, Chaewon.” 


She’s about to step closer to the figure but a hand stopped her, she looked at Hiichan when the girl is frowning at her.


“I am speaking endlessly, I thought someone is listening to me but there you are staring at that tree.” Hiichan scoffed, Wonyoung ignores her and rather looked back at the tree to see Chaewon but no one is there.


Wonyoung frowned, “Wait…” she mumbles.


Hiichan looked at the tree, “What?” she asked.


She then pointed at the three, “I see Chaewon there, she’s there earlier…” she mumbles that made Hiichan raise.


“What?” Hiichan asked, she walks towards the tree and checked, “No one is here, Wonyoung.” she added while pointing at the tree.


Wonyoung shook her head, she walks towards the tree beside Hiichan, “I swear I saw her here…” she mumbles while staring at the lone tree.


Hiichan stared at her, “She’s the one who changes your mind, isn’t she?” she asked that gets Wonyoung’s attention.


Wonyoung can’t bring herself to answer especially Hiichan added, “Chaewon made your heart change,” 


“I just want to see her again,” She mumbles sadly, “I haven’t seen her face since that day,” she added.


Hiichan looked at her, sighing softly, “She’ll come around, let’s go.” the girl added while patting her back softly. She looked at Wonyoung before walking.

 

Wonyoung can only sigh before looking at the tree disappointedly, she shook her head and follow Hiichan as the latter called her again. She walks closer to her friend, she doesn’t want to leave the tree cause Chaewon might go there again but she knows it’s a small possibility of a chance that the angel will let her see her.


With a heavy sighed, she gave one last glance to the tree before walking away with Hiichan clinging on her.

 

 

 


“What’s taking her so long?” Hiichan sighed, she paused the movie before walking to the kitchen to check Wonyoung, only to find the taller girl lost in herself at the sink.


She shook her head before approaching the girl, “Having a staring contest with that ice cream?” she asked that catch the attention of the taller girl. Wonyoung shook her head to remove the thoughts she’s having in her head right now.


Wonyoung looks at her, “I’m just…nothing,” she muttered, “Prepare the movie, I’ll just finish this,” she added.


Hiichan then looked, “Wonyoung-ah, are you sure you still want to watch the movie?” she asked.


“Yes,” Wonyoung gave her a short answer. 


Hiichan just stared at her, she has this unreadable expression written in her eyes.


"We can talk about it, you know. I'm ready to listen." Hiichan said softly, the taller girl look at her and Wonyoung feels so nice having Hiichan with her, cause the older girl really understands her.


Wonyoung smiled at her, "I'm fine, just go to the living room. I'll follow in a minute." she said and Hiichan just stared at her, no intention of moving at all. 


"I'm really good, don't worry." She chuckles. 


Hiichan purse her lips, "you sure?" she asked. 


Wonyoung nodded, "Yes, now go. I'll just put this trash." she smiled. 


Hiichan sighed, nodding her head at her, "Okay, better be here before the movie starts." she said before leaving Wonyoung alone. 


Wonyoung was left shaking her head while smiling, she really is glad to have Hiichan as one o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter