Fifteen: Welcome Home

CAÍDO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Those two really, they can’t keep their off in one place.” Sakura massaged her temple while looking at Chaewon who is sitting across her. The younger angel is giving her a hand on finding the two angels who just left without further notice.


They have been finding Yena and Yujin due to the Queen’s order, Sakura agreed to her because it will safer for the two to have someone around them in case something bad happened because in this kind of situation, the Queen doesn’t let Sakura or anyone of them leave the Elysium. It’s just that Yujin and Yena find a path where no one notices them.


Sakura looked at the Queen while they are eating quietly since Yena and Yujin’s presence are missing since last night. 


“Queen, let me find them. I’ll bring Chaewon with me, please allow me.” Sakura pleads once again to her mother, but the Queen gifted her a void expression before contradicting to her request.


“I talked to you about it last night and my decision won’t change.” The Queen said with her authoritative tone of voice, Chaewon could only listen and stare at them while chewing her food quietly.


“But mother…” Sakura pleaded again.


“Sakura, it’s still a no. I can’t send you out knowing that it isn’t safe there.” The Queen stated, the motherly tone is evident on her voice while her bare hands went to hold Sakura’s.

 

“I can handle myself. And it already came from you that safeness is not assured there, so, I need to go and find them. I should also find Hyewon, Minjoo, and…..” Sakura looked at the Queen as the hesitation is glimmering on her eyes before she continues and let out the name that has been causing her sleepless nights, “….and Chaeyeon…” 


Chaewon sipping her drink while looking at Sakura with those suspicious eyes, especially after the latter said the last name.


“I understand where you are coming from, but I can’t really risk, I don’t want to lose all of you…again.” 


Sakura’s eyes soften after hearing that coming from the Queen, though she masked her emotion quickly before gulping, “You won’t lose us mother, that’s why I need to find them and make sure that they are safe.”


“We can’t be sure.” The Queen quickly answered, she sighed while looking at the determined Sakura.


Chaewon who is quiet on her seat, just watching and listening to their interaction has frozen on her spot when she sees hazily something from the door of the dining place.


“Please, mother. I can’t sleep peacefully knowing that they might be in danger and I am not there to help them.” 


“Sakura….” The Queen sighed and finally nodded her head, making Sakura to stand up and give her a hug that causes the surprise in the Queen’s eyes.


Their moment cut off when Chaewon intervenes.


“I think it isn’t necessary anymore.” She said and the two looked at her way at the same time.


“What are you saying?” Sakura asked after she went to sit back on her chair. Her eyes are still trailed on Chaewon who is just looking passed through her.


“Hey, what’s the matter?” Sakura asked, getting anxious as to why the younger one becomes frozen as if she have seen a ghost.


“Chaewon, hey?” She called once again but the other one didn’t budge.


Sakura raising her brow questioningly and slowly looked at to where Chaewon’s glance are drawn. 


“Why are you even….” Sakura didn’t finish her words as soon as Yujin’s beaming face greeted her, it’s too close to her that made her pushed it away, softly.


“It’s not necessary. We’re here.” Yujin beams while looking at Sakura.


But the younger’s smile quickly fades away when she saw how Sakura’s forehead started to frown and her eyes are almost glazing with fire while staring at her from her seat, and it somehow made Yujin’s knees weakens out of fear from her sister.


Yujin can already sense Sakura’s anger just by the looks she’s giving and she isn’t wrong when Sakura started to scold her.


“And where have you been with Yena?” Sakura asked with her cold yet scary voice as she sends deathly glare to the younger one.


“I-I-i…uhmmm…m-me and Y-Yena w-went to….” Yujin stuttered displaying her fearsome face, she can feel the coldness hitting her whole soul as per her older sister is still sending her deadly glares.


“We were told not to leave the palace, yet what did you do?” Sakura asked, Yujin wasn’t able to form her reply when Sakura talked again.


“You and Yena left without us knowing, don’t you know how dangerous it is?” Sakura scolding Yujin which should be done by the Queen but their mother can only stare at the both of them, not letting Yujin to speak.


Chaewon then eyes’ widened when she saw that Yujin isn’t alone.


“Sakura…..” She said to get the older’s angel attention and she succeeded.


“What?” Sakura asked, raising her brow to her and just like that, it’s Chaewon’s turn to receive such fearsome glare from Sakura.
 

But well, the difference is, Chaewon can’t even see a little of fear from the way that Sakura’s blazing eyes is directed to her. She’s still calm as she pointed her lips somewhere while Sakura followed it.


Sakura raised her brow when she saw Yena avoiding her eyes, possibly not looking at her to prevent a scolding from her. She was about to talk but a familiar voice stopped her from doing so.


“Maybe you want to lend your eyes here.” Hyewon said, smiling softly as she proudly looked at Sakura who is speechless while having an eye contest with her.


“Hyewon!” Sakura exclaimed in happiness as she tackled Hyewon with a tight embrace, her heart is crying out loud from so much happiness as she was seeing Hyewon in the safe state.


“Graciousness! Thank you for being safe!” Sakura said as she checked Hyewon but she scowled after seeing bruises from her face.


“He did that?” 


“I’m fine, don’t worry.” Hyewon beams as she ruffles Sakura’s hair.


“Are you sure? I will kill him.” The other angel asked.


“It’s fine, Eunbi saved me and Minjoo healed me.” Hyewon stated, Sakura then looked at Eunbi who is smiling softly at her. 


“She did what?” Sakura frowned while staring at Eunbi, her forehead is creasing so hard while confusion is written all over her face.


“She saved me. She’s one of us.” Hyewon stated that gets Sakura and Chaewon’s attention, even the Queen.


“What are you saying?” Chaewon asked, finally after the minutes of her looking at them with her surprised expression.


“We’ll explain it later after we talked to the Queen.” Eunbi said and Sakura could only nod her head even if she has this question mark above her head.


Her eyes then slowly looked at Minjoo who is beside Yujin, Sakura’s eyes then dropped lower, seeing the hands clasped together she can’t help but to question it. She then stared at Yujin’s eyes but her little sister’s cheeks flushed as she slowly pulled away from Minjoo’s hands.


“What the heck?” She whispered. Even Chaewon saw it and she is confused just like her.


She is about to asked once again but stop midway when she saw who is beside Minjoo. 


“Chaeyeon….” Her eyes soften while staring at her whole figure.


Chaeyeon can’t help but to grin softly after Sakura pronounce her name.


Sakura’s lips slipped that name after seeing the girl who is looking at her from the very start.


“Hi….” Chaeyeon said, smiling shyly when Sakura walks towards her way, looking at her with so much tenderness as if there is something on her eyes that she wants to say.


Sakura gulps as she continues staring to Chaeyeon who is waiting for her reply.

 


“Saku-chan….” Chaeyeon whispered.


Everyone stared at the two, their eyes blinking double times, the moment Sakura enveloped Chaeyeon with a tight hug, tighter than what she gave to Hyewon.


“Damn, I am glad that you are safe.” Sakura whispered to her ear, sending butterflies to Chaeyeon, even the fuzzy and warm feelings in her chest are present the moment Sakura wrapped her arms on her.


Chaeyeon tried to utter some words but she stopped when she felt her shoulder getting wet, her eyes widen in realization.


“Why are you crying, Saku-chan?” Chaeyeon asked, slowly pulling away from the embrace as she made the older one to faced her, and all of them are looking worriedly as Sakura sobs harder while staring at the speechless Chaeyeon.


“This is the first time I saw her crying after all the years…” Hyewon whispered to Eunbi, the older angel glance at her before looking dearly at the two. Eunbi won’t deny that she can feel the happiness after seeing Sakura and Chaeyeon like this, it’s bringing some good memories from before. 


“Sakura’s crying…” Yujin stated and Minjoo turned her head after she spoke.


“Is it surprising?” Minjoo asked.


“Yeah, she never cried in front of us. She never let us see her crying ‘coz she hates it.” Yujin shook her head before looking at them again.

 


“Saku-chan…..” Chaeyeon felt the familiarity after that name came out from for the second time, unexplainable nostalgic feelings are building on her chest.

 

But the clearer one is, she can hear how her heart thumped quickly while looking at Sakura.


“It hurts here…” Sakura sobbed while pointing at her chest.


Everyone looked at her with so much concern. Except Eunbi, ‘coz she has an idea on why Sakura is feeling like that.


“Wait…what happened?” Chaeyeon asked, glint of worry is visible on her orbs. 

 

“I don’t know, Chaeyeon. It just hurts here and at the same time, the warm feelings are too much after you called me with that nickname. It feels so familiar that I can imagine it in my mind that it happened before.” Sakura confessed and Chaeyeon melted at how vulnerable the older one is.


“You are not wrong.” Chaeyeon whispered and stared at the Queen, her eyes are conveying something and the Queen isn’t liking it.


Chaeyeon looked at the other fallen angles, they nodded their head at her because they can see what she wants to do now. 


“Chaeyeon, what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter