20. Back in Time

Unwanted Husband (Namseok)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon carefully parked the car right into their family territory. A vast land owned by his family, they are now being received by the locals. Roaming his eyes around he can see them waiting for him and Hoseok to get out of the car, carrying flowers and gifts. He knew this is common courtesy and has been practiced by their clan for ages but he is still uncomfortable with it. The act conveys the people's respect towards him as the heir of the family and to Hoseok as his husband.

"This is it, time to act." He whispers and Hoseok nods his head staying inside the car as Namjoon gets out and walks over to his side opening the door for him.

"Master Kim, welcome!"

"We are happy to see you back Master Kim!"

"Welcome to the master's partner, welcome Master!"

Hoseok looked around with wide eyes, letting his lover steer him around. He felt Namjoon's hands around his shoulder, squeezing in comfort knowing the scene might be too much for his partner. A child walks towards them handing a bouquet of flowers to Hoseok.

"Welcome home, Master Kim."

Hoseok looked at the child who is looking at him with wide eyes, glinting with awe as she looks up at him.

Why are they looking at me as if I am someone who's very important to them...

"Thank you for your warm welcome. I guess the elders are waiting for us, I guess there will be a welcoming feast for all. I do hope you will be able to attend it." Namjoon declared and he look around to find the one who will guide them to the ancestral house.

"Master is so kind, we will attend the welcoming feast and pray for you."

"We will Master Kim! You have our support!"

Hoseok giggles nervously as he and Namjoon proceeded to walk ahead and away from the welcoming crowd. He saw some staff carrying their bags away. It seems that Namjoon's car won't be coming with them and will be parked at the receiving area. Great, just great. No way to easily run away. These family elders really are very cunning. He looked nervously back at his fiancee who pointedly looked at him patting his head.

"Don't worry. Everything is fine."

Another car was shown to them.

"Master I am Kim Zee, I will guide you back to the ancestral house. Please go inside the car now."

Namjoon nods his head and gently nudges his lover inside. He knew they can't talk just yet, he doesn't have any idea who this new staff is. Good thing Hoseok gets what he means and stayed silent throughout the ride. Or the tension might have gotten into him already.

"Excuse me... Zee right? May I ask if we are going to meet the elders now or do we have a chance to rest and relax first?" Hoseok bluntly asked, Namjoon closes his eyes but ignore his carrier's slight.

It is not polite to see a carrier starting a conversation with someone when his provider is within reach. The question should have been asked by Namjoon instead.

"You have time to freshen up Masters, we will just inform the elders about your arrival and they will decide later if they want to meet you today or tomorrow." Zee gently answers looking at Hoseok and Namjoon wondering if the cute carrier will be in trouble, but seeing Namjoon ignoring the slight makes him realize their dynamic.

"Oh, very good. Namjoonie has been my designated driver and as you can see he needs some rest." Hoseok pointed out winking at Namjoon who has a resting face but let Hoseok do whatever he wants anyway.

"I am such a caring carrier baby, you are so lucky." Hoseok giggles whiles pinching Namjoon's cheeks.

Zee coughs nervously and looks away from the couple. Way to go for his Master making him feel how single he is.

Namjoon grunts and flicks Hoseok's hands away from his face.

"I am tired Hoseok and you are not behaving yourself." He pointed out.

"I will behave later, there no old geezer here. them, oh sorry Zee, make yourself deaf for a while okay? You're hearing nothing, mister..." Hoseok wiggles his finger at the man before turning towards the driver.

"You too mister, my husband will be the next leader here and you need to obey us or else. We are the future, be loyal to us and not to those smelly old dawgs."

"O...okay Master Kim." The poor man grumbles under his breath, suddenly sweating like crazy. Fearing for his life at the moment.

Namjoon grabs Hoseok by the back of his shirt, pulling him back to his seat.

"Stop terrorizing them baby, we've only been here for a couple of minutes and you're already wreaking havoc on their lives," Namjoon mutters under his breath.

"I'm not scaring them, I am just stating some facts. Are we there yet, I'm hungry I want to eat. I want to take a nap." Hoseok whines looking at his cell phone.

"Do we have a signal here, it looks like we are back in time you know," Hoseok said as he continue to peer outside the car window.

"It might look just like what you're thinking but that's not the case. We have excellent signal here and that is why the elders can communicate fast with our parents. They can just speak to us online but as expected of them they will follow the traditional way. We need to come to them for us to know the gravity of our actions."

Hoseok quickly took out his phone and took a selfie, putting his arms around Namjoon before saying cheesecake and taking the pic.

"Hey, I looked like there..."

"You look cute now, done," Hoseok said with a smile as he finished uploading their pictures on his IG.

A few minutes more and they arrived at the ancestral house. The same thing happened and the staff all bow down to show respect to Namjoon and Hoseok. Then Zee assisted them towards the second floor where some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter