10. Past and Present

Unwanted Husband (Namseok)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok hums under his breath as he fixes his clothes, another confusing day with his fiancee. He is so curious about that guy, he is giving him mixed signals. Like he really can't tell if everything is okay with the two of them now or if the taller man is just tolerating his presence. Yes, they shared a moment, when he comforted the man after they found out that Seokjin had already given himself to Yoongi that fateful night but the day after the taller man is back to acting like nothing happened like they didn't talk to each other about feelings and all.

 

And now that he is working as his assistant slash secretary he has been ignoring Hoseok but seems to be aware of what he does at the office anyway, and continuing to complain that he is distracting him. As if he wanted Namjoon's attention to himself. 

 

"I am not distracting him, that jerk. I keep out of his way but he still gets to complain. I wonder how much the secretary's salary, might have been huge because she was able to tolerate him for years." he murmurs to himself when his phone rings. He knew exactly who is calling.

 

"Hello Jackson..." he said out loud putting the call on speaker so he can still move around.

 

"You stupid , you didn't come here yesterday evening and we have been staying vigil with comfort food and all. Youngjae is in tears before he was able to sleep, he thought you have evaporated and become a stupid ghost already!" Jackson shouted through the phone.

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes, his friends are being silly again. 

 

"Why would he think that I became a ghost? I am still breathing and I didn't make any accidents or whatever on my very first day of work." he confidently said clearly proud of his achievement and lifted an eyebrow when Jackson snorted in disbelief.

 

"Hey, you don't believe me? Look here, I am off to work. My second day at the office hahahah" he gleefully bragged at his achievement.

 

"There will be another prayer brigade for your soul later then, go to my place ! You have to or else I will cut your balls off, and Youngjae is scared so be there!" his friend threatened him through the phone.

 

"Okay, I miss you too guys." He said with a small smile.

 

"I'll hang up now. Miss you too. Bye and don't die."

 

He stared at his cellphone in amazement, he is so lucky to have friends like Jackson and Youngjae. Looking at his watch he curses under his breath and makes haste, his father will insist on making him eat first before going outside so he needs to move faster in order to avoid being late. He almost ran towards the dining area when he heard a voice which makes him freeze on the spot.

 

"Hello, Hoba..." 

 

Wait, did I hear that right? Yoongi's voice? Here? Hoseok thought to himself and quickly looked around, finding his ex-fiancee leaning against the wall clearly waiting for him to come out of his room. He swallowed nervously, he is caught like a fish out of water. He knew Yoongi since they were young and had been very close to him, he knew him like the back of his hand... but that was before. Before all this happened, now he looks at the man he admired with caution. He has changed in a short span of time, it's too early to tell but he can feel it.

 

Yoongi mischievously grinned before slinking his way toward him. Staring intently at the shocked man, he stopped when he is within Hoseok's personal space. Heart beating inside his chest, Hoseok finds himself unable to move because of surprise and hesitation. His mind is on high alert, this man right in front of him is familiar yet so different from the one who said goodbye to him days ago.

 

"Hey, did the cat get your tongue?" Yoongi said with a teasing grin.

 

He is acting like nothing happened ugghhh...just like Namjoon. What is up with these dominants? Hoseok thought to himself.

 

"I'm sorry, I was just surprised to see you here now Yoongi. How are you? Is it safe to assume that my brother is here now too?" 

 

"Yes, he is in his room. You are up early, where are you going?" Yoongi asked acting like he doesn't know anything.

 

"Oh, I am working now at Namjoon's company as his temporary assistant. Thanks for reminding me that I am going to be late. See you around Yoongi." Hoseok said in a panic as he looked at his watch before rushing out of the corridor and into the dining room where he is greeted as u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter