16. Face the music

Unwanted Husband (Namseok)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Yoongi has always been a level-headed man. He knew everything is too good to be true, he knew he can escape somewhere with Hoseok, hide the younger man away from the harsh reality of their twisted fate, and yet he also knew they have to return and face the elder's wrath. He can always say he is powerful, he has money and endless connections that might help him borrow some years with Hoseok by his side but alas it will always go back to the Elders. They will hunt them for sure, they will make sure that the two will always look behind themselves with fear for they will never cease to take back the younger man.

He has taken what's not his. He knew Namjoon will be seething in anger if the elder got to him first. He wants Hoseok, he loves the man until now but he knew they need to abide by the contract. Thinking hard about the messy situations he knew he have to do something to get Hoseok back and it involves family politics, he needs to be smart about pulling some strings in his favor. It is possible but it will be a messy and difficult path to take.

"Hyung..."

He looks back at Hoseok who is humming a tune, sitting beside him on the passenger seat.

"Thank you for this, you knew how to take care of me. You knew I need some time away from them."

"You're lucky you have my heart huh? I am in tune with you because we spent our younger days knowing each other, expecting that we will end up together. So now that you are given to another, I am still here. I'm still your hyung... Nothing will ever change that."

"Hmmmm... Yeah, but now I want to apologize to you. I put you in a situation again, Namjoon won't be happy after what we did. He is a very temperamental guy." Hoseok hesitates for a minute imagining the taller man's angry face, making him shiver.

"You don't have to apologize and regarding your fiance, you don't need to worry, I can take him on anytime. I have been dying to turn him into a pulp ever since that day my father told me about the switch. I knew he won't treat you right." He mutters, inside he knew he will think less of any other man that might be partnered with Hoseok anyway.

"I don't want things to get messier than it already is now hyung."

"That is a fate we can't avoid baby...tell you what. I will deal with your brother, I will behave for now. I knew that I can't just leave him hanging. I hope nothing will change between us, you're still important to me and you will always have me behind you."

"I thought you gonna say you'll be beside me..."

"That's my former place, unfortunately, Namjoon took that away from me. Or the Elders butted in our lives and took my place away. I kinda hate them."

"Me too..."

They spend the rest of the ride in comfortable silence, very eager to enjoy the remaining hours with the company they missed the most.

To say that Namjoon is annoyed is an understatement, he is seething inside, he is burning up with rage and he felt that the younger Kim humiliated him in front of everyone by his actions. He knew it is not wise to trust Hoseok to behave himself when he has a reputation for being careless and carefree. He knew beforehand that the younger man won't take him seriously and just do whatever he feels like doing so he admits it is his fault for letting his guard down.

Now that his father called him and said that the Elders are requiring his presence with his betrothed he knew he is in deep . Words have somehow reached their ears about his pursuit of the older Kim heir, his ex-fiancee Kim Seokjin. Why else would they be after him? How else will they know about it? Another issue is Hoseok's disappearance along with Min Yoongi which further complicates things.

"Everything is a mess and Yoongi thinks I will let him get away with this??" He hisses to himself as he grabs some clothes and went straight to the Kim Mansion. He knew his fiancee will eventually go home since he didn't take much with him when he ran off with Yoongi. He will make sure he pays for all this trouble.

Kim Seokjin is the one who welcomes him into the Mansion which confuses him a little bit since he knew that his ex is very diligent in avoiding him.

"What a pleasant surprise."

"Don't get used to it Namjoon, we both know that our partners are together."

"Oh, so you do know that Min Yoongi ran away with your little brother in tow days ago huh?" Namjoon drawled. A hint of annoyance in his tone.

"Yes, Yoongi called me and told me everything."

"Including the one where he pisses me off saying that he has Hoseok and I don't? You are a fool to believe he will fall for you when everyone can see whom his heart belongs to." The taller man fiercely said as he makes himself at home and sat on the couch. He said those things to hurt Seokjin, he felt a tiny prickle of satisfaction when he saw how the other seems shaken by the statement.

"This is your temper speaking again, one of the reasons why I don't want to be with you for the rest of our lives. You need to control that mouth Kim Namjoon, words can hurt more than a physical blow and I don't want my brother to suffer the same fate I had when I was still your fiancee."

"So now you're acting like a big caring brother when you all but threw your brother to me. According to you, I am one of the worst people out there, you can't stand being with me anymore and yet you are pushing your own brother to me, you want him to take your place. I think you are manipulating everyone around here Kim Seokjin."

"What the heck are you talking about Namjoon? I love my brother."

"No, you don't. You love yourself. Don't fool me anymore. I have my eyes wide open now, ever since we had talked days before. I admit now that I got blinded by my own greed. I wanted the best for myself, I am shallow and looked only at what your appearance and public attitude might benefit me. Your attitude towards me after this switching incident made me realize many things about you, subtle. hidden and yet still there."

"You are just hurt by ano

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter