2 : Conflict

Unwanted Husband (Namseok)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin looks at the mirror and smiles to himself, he made himself presentable enough for the family meeting that will be held later. His now fiancee's family, are scheduled to arrive anytime now and he wants them to be comfortable as possible.

Humming under his breath he thinks about his new fiancee Yoongi, they had known each other since they were children but he's not that close to him like Namjoon and Hoseok is. He saw Namjoon on a regular basis since they are enrolled in the same school and university but Yoongi studied in a different school, he only visits the university whenever he chose to pick Hoseok up from his class.

"Hmm..what does he want in a husband?" Seokjin talks to himself as someone raps on the door lightly.

"Young master? The Mins are here."

Seokjin gasp and straighten up his clothes. He opted for a pink sweater and black jeans, he styled his bangs sideways for Yoongi to better see his face.

"You will fall for me Min Yoongi." Seokjin winks at his reflection and walks out of his room into the large living room of their house.

Seokjin's father stood up with a smile as he saw his son walks down the stairs. Ushering him forward towards where they all gather.

"Mr. and Mrs. Min, this is my son Kim Seokjin."

Seokjin is all smile as he bows down to his future in-laws. Mr. and Mrs. Min smiled warmly at the handsome young man.

"You grew up well Seokjin ah..I remember those days when we all gush over your cuteness as a kid but you certainly aged well, you look so handsome." Mrs. Min compliments the younger who look thankful and pleased by what his future mother in law said.

"Yes, he is..he's a beauty isn't he Yoongi?" Mr. Min asked Yoongi who continue to sit at the couch not even looking at what they are doing, opting to play with his phone instead.

"Yeah yeah.." Yoongi uninterestedly said.

Seokjin raises an eyebrow at what Yoongi is acting. He is dressed to impress and the man doesn't even spare him a glance?

Mr. Min and his wife look awkwardly at each other, they know for a fact that their son is not happy with the situation and wanted Hoseok instead but they have to get on with the contract.

Mr. Kim sigh exasperatedly, he has been so angry at his wife and forces the woman to leave Korea, she better think of her actions while she is away from her family. Now his son Seokjin is the one to suffer the consequences.

"I guess we need to let the two talk to each other first, I would like to talk more about the marriage that will take place in a few months shall we continue this in my office Mr. and Mrs. Min?"

"Yes yes, Yoongi ah..behave yourself. We already talk about this okay?"

The elders walk out with a hesitant glance between the two young men.

"So..you're my betrothed now.." Seokjin starts the conversation as he walks closer to where Yoongi is.

"Yes...unfortunately.." Yoongi mumbles under his breath but Seokjin heard it anyways.

"Look I understand that you're not happy with the changes in the agreement but we can't really do anything about it. I think it will be easier if we just work hard in getting to know each other." Seokjin calmly said as he sits beside the quiet man.

Yoongi looks at him coldly.

"It's okay with you if I don't like you? Is it okay for me to want your brother while I am going to be married to you? Tell me..are you okay with that Seokjin.."

"I...you like Hoseok.."

"So much I want to walk away from this whole situation and take him with me.."

Seokjin looks down,..somehow the words hurt because he likes Yoongi. It is his very well kept secret, he never told anyone not even his brother, especially Hoseok for he knows how broken his brother will be if the younger knew. He is aware of how the people around them treat the two of them. He, as the legitimate child is treated with respect and adoration while Hoseok, a child born out of wedlock whose mother has been a well-known courtesan is treated with tolerance and mistrust.

He is aware of the pain he is unintentionally causing his brother when everyone prefers him over his baby brother. Hoseok hid it well but Seokjin has always been very observant, he always catches a glimpse of hurt in his brother's eyes.

That is the reason why he never told anyone of his attraction towards the Min heir, he wanted to protect his brother from the pain. But alas his heart is always his downfall. Looking at the man beside him, he wants nothing more to have Yoongi look at him with admiration. 

"I understand Yoongi but the truth is harder to avoid, we need to work on our marriage, this has been decided since we were little. I am saddened by the turn of events as well, it is much easier for me to marry Namjoon for we knew each other so well by now, but look at me reaching out a hand to you. Yoongi look at me..," Seokjin pleaded as Yoongi huff under his breath and looks at him.

"I want this marriage to work, as pitiful as it may sound I still want to have a happy and romantic relationship with my husband. So please just this one, please try to like me."

As much as I like you

Yoongi stays silent as Hoseok's smiling face drifted into his mind. He knows that what Seokjin has said is true, it is the only option for them to have a somewhat happy life together, should he give in?

Seokjin smile to himself as he saw the confusion on Yoongi's face. 

The taller man leans closer towards the Min heir.

"Please..yeobo..I promise you that I will be the perfect fiancee and husband to you. I will work hard for you to like me." Seokjin confidently said as he puts a kiss on Yoongi's cheeks.

"Yah!" Yoongi exclaim as he felt those soft pouty lips on his cheeks.

Seokjin giggles to himself at Yoongi's disgruntled expression. This time he will grab the opportunity for him to have what his heart always desires..Yoongi.

----------------------------------------❤

Namjoon taps his fingers on the seat's armrest as he waited for Hoseok's arrival. He orders his men to search for the younger man and take him to his office. He really can't concentrate on his work as his mind is full of the thoughts on his upcoming marriage with Seokjin's younger brother. As much as he doesn't want to hate Hoseok, he admits that this is not the younger man's fault, but he can't help being angry at everything. He is like a child who's favorite toy has been taken away from him and replaced by another toy, not to his liking.

The phone rang as his secretary's voice announced the arrival of Hoseok.

"Get him in here.."

The door opens up to his two bodyguards holding a struggling young man.

"What the !! Hey, Namjoon ah. What's the meaning of this?" Hoseok shouted as Namjoon puts up a hand and the two men leave the room.

"Sit down Jung Hoseok." Namjoon coldly said, not even looking at the man he is supposed to marry.

Hoseok crosses his arms as he looks at Namjoon with raised eyebrows.

"I still have class, your highness. I know that you always get what you want but that does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter