Diamonds are a girl's best friend

Bae's 9

When all the stage lights flickered and a loud cheer came from the thousands of fans, Rosé got on stage smiling, with the same exact dress and set of diamonds she was wearing on the red carpet.

She gave her introductory speech perfectly, eliciting genuine smiles from the crowds, including from Lisa who was shown in the big state screen when Rosé gave her a shout-out for dressing her for the event.

Although the event was being televised, the cameras mainly focused on showing the fans’ reaction rather than the guests, but Lisa’s table was also a center of attention since both Rosé’s date and Lisa were there.

Someone who was also there was Irene, that despite disguised, smiled peacefully at the camera the whole time she noticed they were being filmed, which happened twice already.

Rosé gave the first award to a boy group, which meant that soon after the first performance would happen and Rosé would go backstage for outfit change. That was their chance and time to act, so she warned Jennie, who was close by.

“Joy, countdown!” Irene said, loud and clear through their earpieces.

“Alright, ten.”

Wendy sent some plates to the tables, while she wiped her hands clean in a cloth.

“Nine.”

Yeri, who was in the guest part, close to the tables, positioned herself close the backstage bathroom.

“Eight.”

Jisoo got ready, standing by the backstage entrance.

“Seven.”

Seulgi took a deep breath.

“Six.”

Lisa shared a glance with Irene.

“Five.”

Joy switched to the right surveillance cameras.

“Four.”

Irene got up, excused herself and left the table.

“Three”.

The boy group who received the award was finishing off their acceptance speech.

“Two”

Rosé got the microphone and announced the performance.

“One."

 


Rosé went backstage with the help of the stage crew, careful not to stumble on the stairs and she was met by a smiling Jisoo who gave her a thumbs up as soon as they exchanged a quick glance.

“Unnie, I think the tea you gave me had something in it because I need to desperately go to the bathroom!” Rosé said while laughing. “Where is it?

“Chaeyoung-ssi, you need to change your outfit, we only have fifteen minutes.” A makeup artist complained. “Can’t you wait until the next break?”

Ugh, I’m afraid I can’t.” Rosé urged, rushing outside where was met by Jennie’s rather familiar face. “Where’s the bathroom, ma’am?”

“Turn right on that corner.” Jennie said and Rosé thanked her. “Be careful!”

Further down the corridor, Irene was monitoring the area while she sipped some white wine. She flinched when Rosé ran past her mumbling apologies and then she blocked the way when she noticed the two Tiffany guards.

“Miss, we need to follow Miss Park, excuse us.” The tallest one said.

Irene held up her hand while she drank the rest of the liquor in her cup as the two watched her, completely confused, trying to sneak past her, but she wasn’t letting them. For a minute she squinted her eyes, the guards had very familiar faces but she couldn't figure out why.

“Hi, ugh, I’m Jongin Kim, security guard and I’m sorry, but please let us pass.”

“Can I see your credentials?” Irene said in a fake accent. “How do I know you two aren’t creeps following that girl?”

“What?” The tallest one said. “We are full on guard uniform, lady.”

“Sehun, I think she’s seriously not letting us pass.” Jongin said and searched for their IDs. “Ok, here you have it.”

“Alright, I think I drank enough already.” Irene said and suddenly she collapsed to the ground, pretending to faint.

The guards got worried and decided to split up. Jongin took Irene to where the tables were, letting her be when she sat next to Lisa again while Sehun proceeded to the bathroom, to wait for Rosé to come out of it.

 

Yeri, who was waiting inside the bathroom and tightly gripping Suga’s unlocking magnets, had locked all the stalls’ doors, except for the last one which she had monitored until Rosé came in running.

She went directly to the stall, not even locked its door. After Yeri heard gross sounds coming from it, she carefully opened the door to find Rosé puking her stomach out.

“Oh. My. God.” Yeri exclaimed, disgusted, while she unlocked the necklace and put it inside her pocket. “Are you okay?”

“No.” Rosé mumbled. “I feel terrible but the show must go on.”

When the singer got up again, Yeri helped her up and Rosé rushed outside, to get back to the dressing room in time but a guard stopped her, grabbing her arm forcefully.

“Where is it?” 

“I’m sorry? Excuse me, I need to go.”

“Where’s the necklace?”

Rosé’s free hand reached out for her neck and when she didn’t find it there, she went back to the bathroom but it was empty and clean, with no trace of the precious diamond necklace.

“!” Rosé cursed loudly and the guard let go of her arm. “I’m sorry but I need to go.”

“You can’t go anywhere if we don’t find the necklace.” Sehun warned coldly. “Where is it?”

“Hey!” Jennie interrupted them as she approached them holding a necklace. “Miss Park, I think you let this fall while you ran.”

“Oh, thank god!” Rosé gasped and handed it to the guard. “Here you have it, now let me change my outfit!”

With that Jennie helped Rosé to get backstage again and go to the dressing room, leaving Sehun with the necklace, which he would take to its case while he called Jongin to help him out.

 

Yeri, who had been hiding in one of the stalls, finally left the bathroom, dropping the necklace on one tray of a waiter who was passing by, on his way to the kitchen, in the exact space of the blind spot.

When the waiter got to the kitchen, Wendy, who had been warned by Joy that was monitoring the whole thing, pointed out which tray it was and Seulgi took it to clean the dishes and eventually get the necklace.

“Oh, geez. Bathroom break!” Seulgi announced once she got the shiny necklace.

Wendy wasn’t around anymore and no one was actually paying attention to her when she then locked herself inside the kitchen tiny bathroom in which all her tools were waiting for her to split up the necklace into small pieces.

Their earpieces were dead silent as everyone waited for Seulgi’s update or just a sign that everything was going according to plan but the woman was on a mission, deeply focused on breaking the necklace into small pieces of jewelry.

That was until Irene, who had been anxiously waiting while she watched Lisa catatonically gawking at a specific point of their table, couldn’t restrain herself anymore.

“Seul, is everything ok?”

“It’s… finally done!” Seulgi singsonged. “We did it! Come get your pieces!”

“Thank god.” It was Wendy’s relieved voice. “I’m coming to you, hold on.”

“Me too, just a sec!” Joy excitedly said. “I’ll be taking the jewelry for you, peeps.”

“Nice!” It was Yeri’s muffled voice. “Wendy-unnie, your food is delicious.”

“Are you eating while you talk? Disgusting.” It was surprising Lisa’s voice that echoed in Irene’s head as she almost gasped when the woman was seemingly normal and not at all weirded out like before.

“Where’s the other two? Jensoo?” Yeri said, ignoring Lisa’s fake vomiting sounds. “MIA?”

“MIA?” Seulgi asked and clattering noises could be heard. “Is that a new slang or something?”

“OMG, Seulgi-ssi, it’s missing in action, don’t be old.” It was Joy’s unbelievable tone. “Geez”

“But I’m old, baby.” 

"No, just dumb."

"Ouch."

“Awn, you’re interaction is so cute but now where’s my part?” Wendy interrupted them and that meant they had met Seulgi already.

“The backstage noise is too loud maybe they can’t hear us.” Lalisa pondered but when Jennie let out a chuckle she laughed. “Well, maybe they can.”

“I’ll go to Irene’s table in like three minutes, when the next performance begins, ok?” Jennie said. “Please give me my part and Jisoo’s.”

“Sure thing! I’m own my way!” Joy announced and just like that, it was over.

 


After each one received their part, Irene decided to wait for Wendy backstage, in a more private area for the employees that Jennie had previously shown her. They were finally joining the event together as everything was already settled and soon the event would be over.

Their plan had been a success: they unsuspiciously crashed  the event, robbed a fortune-worthy necklace and Irene had finally accomplished her goals as all the other girls were celebrating at the bar while watching the performances, except for her and, well, Wendy.

From where Irene stood, she could spot the girls from afar, drinking and laughing while Bogum huffed from all the partying apparently he wasn’t in the mood for as he asked for another drink.

An idea popped on her head as soon as he saw she was staring at him from across the room and shot her a grin. She rolled her eyes but before Irene could act on what she was thinking, Wendy appeared out of the kitchen in a killer outfit, she had to admit.

“Hey, there.” Wendy greeted her shyly, shouting over the loud music. “Please stop staring at me like that, we’re in public.”

Irene let out a loud laugh and nonchalantly pecked the Canadian’s lips which made Wendy’s cheeks burn red. The backstage area was quite crowded and at least ten people were observing them. 

Geez, don’t worry that much.” Irene said, close to the girl’s ear. “No one cares about us really and you look so hot, couldn’t help it.”

“Gosh, I don’t think I’ll ever get used to this… us…” Wendy said and Irene shot her a confused look. “It’s a dream come true situation.”

“Don’t be silly.” Irene reprimanded her and Wendy shrugged. “Let’s have fun!”

“Yes, ma’am.” Wendy laughed. “By the way, I just checked the jewelry exhibition, what a lovely idea for the event, right?”

“Alright. I’m gonna grab a drink for us, how does a margarita sound?”

“Perfect.”

“I’ll be right back, don’t go anywhere!”

“Yes, boss!”

 

It was quite hard to think with loud music and thousands of people constant screams and cheers but Irene was practical and when she saw an opportunity, she would take it.

Bogum was still sat at the bar, head hung low, when Irene got there and ordered two margaritas. Her voice loud and clear must have caught his attention because as soon as he realized from whose voice it was, he almost dropped his champagne glass.

Thankfully the other girls weren’t around anymore so Irene could focus entirely on her new target. As she wasn’t wearing her wig anymore, Bogum automatically recognized her and rubbed his eyes repetitively as if he had just seen a ghost.

He was progressively getting paler when she smiled, bowing sighly in acknowledgement and receiving no response. Thankfully, the bartender came back with her drinks just in time, before things got extremely awkward.

“Nice to see you, Bogum-ssi.” Irene said, tapping the man on the shoulder. “Great flower on your pocket, is it a purposeful red rose for Rosé?”

Before he could even answer, Irene just checked the delicate flower on her hand, putting it back on his blazer’s pocket a minute after. Bogum opened his mouth to talk, but he couldn’t, paralyzed by Irene’s presence.

Irene chuckled and shook her head. She wished Bogum said something, instead of being completely speechless, so that she could retort in one of her thousand ways she had rehearsed on her mind.

But Irene had better things to do and knew her vengeance was on its way, so she shrugged and walked away, turning around only once when Bogum finally muttered something.

“Well, see you around.”