Bull

Bae's 9

Rosé felt completely drained on the next day and all she managed to do properly was sleep for eleven consecutive hours until Jisoo slowly got into her apartment with takeout food.

The incredible smell immediately woke her up, it was definitely the kimchi from her favorite restaurant. Of course, her manager knew all the ways to get to her heart, or at least to her stomach, to which Rosé smiled.

Once the singer jumped out of bed, she ran all the way to her kitchen in no time, tripping over herself due to her still very much sleep self. She slightly bowed, trying to greet Jisoo with a strangled hi, as she was completely breathless from how fast she ran to the food.

Jisoo just glanced up at her, unamused. She gestured for Rosé to sit by the table as she set the food in front of the singer who was now clapping like a small child, excited to eat.

Before Jisoo could talk to the singer, she offered Rosé some chopsticks and a napkin, as she knew how clumsy Rosé would be, specially after having slept at an inhumane hours.

“Gosh, I’m starving!” Rosé commented and hummed while munching the food. “This is delicious.”

“I figured you would forget to buy something to eat, so yeah, thank you.” Jisoo joked and Rosé gasped. “Please swallow before you speak!”

“Thank you so much, unnie! I’m sorry, I’m still a bit tired from last night.” Rosé explained and Jisoo nodded. “What brings you here so early, though?”

“Early?” Jisoo frowned but laughed. “Chaeyoung-ah, it’s 7 p.m!”

“WHAT?” Rosé almost yelled and reached for her phone for confirmation. “I’ve slept for eleven hours!? Well, now I get why it’s still dark outside.”

“You’ve always been a heavy sleeper.” Jisoo reasoned as she watched the girl eat and offer her a bite of a sushi. “No, thanks.”

“OMG, but still. That’s more than what I’ve slept for the last week combined I think.”

“You deserve to rest.”

Rosé nodded in agreement. After all, her manager had a solid point: she had been overworking and definitely needed some rest indeed. 

Maybe a week without leaving her place could help or just maybe postponing her new single release would be a great idea she could suggest.

Press was stressful and time-consuming, for sure, and Rosé could use some time away from it, specially after the whole drama with Bogum and Lisa.

She could already imagine the acid headlines with high-definition pictures of her two dates from the previous day and her label probably fuming angry about the craziness that went down at the after party.

It felt as if Rosé could figuratively see her career going down the drain and endless opportunities waving her goodbye as those flashy news created the worst theories ever about her love life and her uality.

Actually, it was quite surprising that Jisoo hadn’t brought that topic up at all, too focused on texting someone else who Rosé had no idea of, but it did seem important.

So, after what felt like an eternity, Rosé cleared and Jisoo looked up from her phone, meeting the singer’s questioning gaze.

“Hm, so…” Rosé started. “Is this about Bogum?”

“Not really, but just so you know, he left before the last performance.” Jisoo said and a smile flashed on her face “I don’t think you noticed since you and Lisa were too busy, you know.”

Rosé blushed in the deepest shade of red ever and she tried to fix it with a fake cough. Despite being a little carried away at the after party, she could still remember everything.

“I meant, like, the mess he probably made and what, you know, the press will post about.” Rosé almost stuttered. “I’m sorry, I didn’t think it through.”

“That will be dealt with.” Jisoo simply said and went back to texting. “Don’t worry, Chae. This industry it’s tough but I’m not scary.”

“Scared.”

“That’s exactly what I said.”

They both went silent after that and all they could hear was Jisoo incessant typing on her phone which made Rosé a bit anxious. 

“So to what I honor your surprise visit?” Rosé casually said but got no response. “Unnie?”

“Yeah?”

“I asked why you’re here?”

“Yeah, I’m here.” Jisoo distractly said, her eyes glued to her phone. “I’ve been here for a while, genius.”

“Why, though?”

Jisoo wasn’t exactly listening and all she did was nod to whatever Rosé said, not even bothering to look up.

“Ok, enough.” Rosé’s patience had to come to an end, she hated being ignored. “Who are you texting, unnie?”

“Jennie.”

“Jennie as in the woman from the dinner, the one who suspiciously works for Vogue despite not being at all connected to the fashion industry, the same woman from yesterday, that helped me to find the necklace worth millions of wons under a minute?”

Jisoo dropped her phone which was still beeping from all the notifications popping up.  She was utterly confused and speechless, unable to properly register what the singer had just said.

She had definitely been caught and would probably be murdered or sent to North Korea by her CEO. Or both. Or worse, Jennie would tell her dogs how bad Jisoo is at keeping secrets and Dalgom would never talk to her again.

She looked at Rosé, who was silently demanding an explanation, but Jisoo was in pure shock, her eyes wide, unable to move or to speak as her mind literally went blank, on fight or flight mode.

“Unnie?”

“I-I…” Jisoo gulped. “I… Jennie, she is…”

“Your wife?”

“How did- how do you know that?”

“Well, you told me you got married in New Zealand and never said anything about a husband…” Rosé seemed to remind herself of her own logic. “Plus, you guys look at each other as, you know, people who are in love look at each other.”

“Oh.” Jisoo managed to say. “Yes, she’s my wife.”

Who knew Rosé was so good at solving puzzles? Not that her relationship was a puzzle, but rather a mystery to Korea’s still very much homophobic society.

Not that Rosé was homophobic, no. But to Jisoo, talking about her marriage to people who weren’t in her friends category was still a very sticky topic to be spoken about.

“It’s okay, Unnie.” Rosé said, smiling at her. “I totally support that.”

“Ugh, thanks.” Jisoo said, a bit relieved. “It was just a stupid idea to keep it from you, I should’ve told you.”

“Yeah, you should also have told me about the fact that you guys would steal the necklace.”

“WHAT!?”

 


Jennie had always imagined how cool would be to drive at high speed, racing other cars and reaching the finish line in first place or, in her ideal world, just race through the empty streets of a city without any consequences.

She didn’t imagine that she would have to actually drive as fast as she could in Seoul and probably get arrested before she could reach her destination, though.

But she had no other choice. When Jisoo called her, desperately saying she had an emergency and needed her to get to Rosé’s place as soon as possible, she didn’t hesitate and in less than a minute she was turning on the engine.

Fortunately, she still remembered the address and got to the singer’s place safe and sound in half of the estimated time. She rushed to doorbell, pressing the button while she stared at the security cameras.

Once the front gate was unlocked, Jennie scanned the whole place, almost stumbling through the garden, which resembled more of a maze, until she finally saw Jisoo, standing on the doorstep with Rosé still in her pajamas by her side.

“Are you guys okay?” Jennie asked, a bit uncertain about what was going on as everything seemed to be normal. “I almost had a heart attack on the way here.”

“It’s...complicated.” Jisoo said and by the look on her face she knew exactly what she meant. “Rosé knows.”

“About… us?” Jennie questioned. “It’s ok, baby, we know we can trust her, right?”

“Ugh, I’m right here, you know.” Rosé playfully complained, interrupting the couple’s interaction. “Hi, Jennie-unnie!”

“Hey, Rosé, how’s it going?”

“It’s not just that.” Jisoo almost whispered. “She knows about the scheme.”

“The scheme?” Jennie almost choked back her words. “You mean…”

“I know that you guys stole the necklace.” Rosé stated.

“Well, that’s awful.” Jennie commented, trying not to lose her temper. “We are so screwed!”

“Please don’t tell anyone!” Jisoo pleaded. “We can figure a way out and Chae here promised not to spill a word about this.”

“Jisoo-yah, they won’t let this pass.” 

“Rosé’s got an idea, though.”

“Well, whoever they are, I’m sure they would agree with my idea.” Rosé said and pulled them inside her house. “Listen up!”

Jennie shot Jisoo a glare but said nothing, sitting on Rosé’s couch while Jisoo nervously smiled and took a seat right beside her wife, who was beyond angry about the whole situation.

“What if I join the team?” Rosé suggested. “I could be useful, you know.”

“How exactly?” Jennie asked.

“How about this: I don’t tell the police and make sure you guys don't get caught, huh? Plus, I kinda saved you already..."

“Sounds good to me!” Jisoo exclaimed and Jennie rolled her eyes.

“Oh, c’mon! I wanna have fun too!” Rosé almost begged. “Let me be a part of your team!”

“Ok.” Jennie mumbled and Rosé cheered, launching herself at the couch, hugging both women. “We gotta ask Irene-unnie first, though.”

“Irene-unnie?”

“Our leader.” Jisoo explained. “She’s the mastermind behind the heist.”

“Sweet! Hold on, let me grab my purse so we can go talk to her.” Rosé said and left them alone in the living room.

“Does she know she’s still wearing pajamas?” Jennie asked, avoiding to look at her wife, otherwise her angry façade would probably disappear.

“Oh, she does.” Jisoo said, laughing. “C’mon, grumpy cat, look at me!”

“No, I’m mad at you.”

“I’m sowwy?” Jisoo said in her best baby voice. “I’m sorry, Jendeukie!”

“Humph, alright.” Jennie reluctantly said and received uncountable kisses from her wife. “We gotta be more careful next time.”

“Will there be a next time?” Jisoo giggled and Jennie shrugged.

“We never know.”
 


Irene was happy. Actually, no, she was over the moon, simply because Wendy finally agreed to prepare a meal with her, which was actually kind of a big deal, since her precious cooking skills were not easily shown off to the world.

After she got Wendy’s not-at-all reluctant yes, Irene ran to the kitchen with all the groceries she had bought specifically for when the time would come, and decided that they would cook everything she could remember the Canadian liked.

Wendy followed the leader, who was excitedly jumping around her, babbling about how, while she was still in prison, she had been planning to cook with her like old times and how she had missed being domestic.

It was incredible and impressive how much energy Irene had, considering that less than 24 hours before they were stealing billions of wons in jewelry at a worldwide televised event.

So they spent the whole afternoon cooking, sharing kisses and laughing at pure bliss, happy they shared each other’s company until Jennie appeared at their doorstep, alone, trembling a little.

Before they could speak, Jennie raised her right hand, signaling for them to stay silent as she closed the door behind herself and walked to the living room.

Jennie motioned for the couple to seat on Wendy’s couch, as she paced nervously in front of them, almost biting her nails.

“Jennie, what’s wrong?” Irene carefully asked.

“It’s...hm...kinda bad.” Jennie said, choosing her words. “Something came up.”

“If you can’t attend today’s meeting, it’s fine! Don’t worry.” Wendy suggestively said. “We’re just going to share that…”

“There’s really no other way to announce this.” Jennie said, interrupting the Canadian mid sentence. “Rosé knows.”

“I’m sorry, what!?” Irene almost shouted, standing up. “That’s like a huge ed up situation!”

Wendy’s initial reaction was just a small gasp. She was too stunned to process that information, but before her girlfriend could do something stupid, she interfered, by grabbing Irene’s wrist, pulling her to seat beside her again.

“I’m sure there’s a logical explanation for that mishap, right, Jennie?” Wendy said, attempting to calm down everyone. “Right?”

“She just figured it out.” Jennie exasperatedly explained. “I swear Jisoo didn’t say a word, she was just as surprised as I was when Rosé decided to squeeze out some information from her about the necklace.”

They all went silent for a fat minute. Jennie was so pale under Irene’s deadly gaze that Wendy actually felt bad for her, so she tried her best to reorganize her thoughts and figure a way out of it.

“I knew we shouldn’t have underestimated her.” Wendy broke the silence.

“She is very clever, I’m surprised we didn’t notice it before.” Jennie commented. “I wonder what will happen when Rosé decides to confront Lalisa about it.”

“Geez, we gotta do something!” Wendy exclaimed, looking at Irene for confirmation. “C’mon, unnie, quit being mad about it and use your genius brain to help us!”

“I… literally can’t even with both of you!” Irene complained, rubbing her temples.“Let me think about it!”

“I have an idea.” Jennie tentatively said. “It was actually Rosé’s idea.”

“Don’t tell me she wants to-”

“She wants to join us.” 

“Gosh, I miss being in prison already.” Irene mumbled. 

“Don’t be dramatic.” Wendy said and Irene crossed her arms defensively. “Let’s hear about Rosé’s propositions, maybe she’s that ninth member you wanted, unnie.”

“Well, we don’t have a choice, do we?.” Irene ironically stated.

Wendy shot her a cold glare and mouthed ‘be nice’ to Irene who huffed and uncrossed her arms, taking a deep breath as she finally looked at Jennie without her menacing stare.

“Alright, so what are Rosé’s conditions?” Irene asked.

There are no conditions whatsoever.” Jennie explained and Irene almost gasped in disbelief. “She just wants to be a part of the team and get her share of the money.”

“I can’t believe that.” Wendy said. “Why is she even doing this?”

“Why don’t you guys ask her yourselves?” Jennie half joked, relieved that she wasn’t going to be murdered by Irene herself.

“Oh my god, did you bring her here!?” Irene asked and Jennie nodded.

“She’s waiting in the car with Jisoo.” 

“Unbelievable, Jennie.” Irene said but darkly laughed. “You’re unbelievably screwed!”

“Unnie, please stop, you’re actually scaring Jennie!” Wendy said, gesturing to Jennie who was paler than ever and Irene rolled her eyes.

“Well, let’s welcome Rosé to the team then.”

 


A/N: so, ugh, it's been a while haha. But I'm back and glad to say this story is coming to an end very soon, but I have other ideas on the way! Thx for the support so far <3