Tinder for dummies

Bae's 9

Irene had scheduled another meeting with the girls, so they could update each of their individual progress in their don’t-try-this-at-home heist plan as well as brainstorm some other ideas. Time was going by quickly, too fast for Irene's liking, and they still had a lot of work ahead.

Once the women had arrived, apart from Jennie, Irene decided to begin their discussion, presenting her idea of hacking into the security system that she had been thinking of, a quite complex but effective one.

The MAMA was usually held in arenas, which meant they had to be extra careful with security and cameras, but also they would be able to merge in the crowd quite easily, which was a very positive point.

So Joy would be the one monitoring the place’s cameras, looking for flaws and blind spots that they could use to hide. She would be in charge of studying every inch of the area, making sure the plan unfolds with no problems and that no one eventually got caught.

The heist would most likely happen in between outfits changes, so they had to be fast and precise and somehow have access backstage, something that Irene had yet to figure out how, but as she explained all of that, the women were more intrigued about the fact that Jennie wasn’t there, barely paying attention to what she had been saying. Those curious people...

“Hey, where’s Jennie?” Seulgi asked Jisoo while munching an apple.

“She had to go check on the kids at the hotel.”

“Kids!?” Wendy squealed. “Do you guys have children? What were they doing at a hotel!?”

“We needed to focus on this mission so I suggested to drop them off there…”

“That’s child abuse!” Yeri shouted, horrified while she snatched Irene's phone. “OMG, I have to call the police on you guys!”

Irene sighed, taking her phone away from Yeri’s hands.

“They’re dogs.” Irene explained. “Jisoo and Jennie have three dogs.”

Wendy let out a big breath that she didn’t even know she was holding, feeling relieved, and Jisoo nodded, confirming what their leader had said which made Yeri start laughing uncontrollably, only stopping after Joy hit her shoulder.

“Hey!” Yeri protested. “That hurts, you d…”

“Shut up, let Irene-unnie talk.” Joy intervened and Irene almost beamed at her. “Please, continue, unnie.”

Before Irene could speak again, Lisa raised her hand signaling that she wanted to ask something. The leader felt like her brain had just lost its cells from the craziness of those women so she sighed again.

“Yes, Lisa. What is it?”

“Why can’t I stay home too? I have a beautiful fluffy kitten that needs me!”

“That’s not how it works, cats are much more independent than dogs.” Joy reasoned and Yeri surprisingly agreed. “That’s obvious.”

“Yeah, cats are also more dependable.” Seulgi said.

“No, they are not.” Jisoo mumbled. “Dogs are better guys, but they need to be taken care of.”

“I wish I had a dog.” Yeri said longingly. "Do you have any pets, Joy-unnie?"

Joy gave Yeri a weird look, upon hearing the girl call her name with honorifics, with respect, but the youngest didn't even notice as she was too busy daydreaming about getting a dog. So, she decided to answer the question without teasing Yeri in any way, a simple truce for a while.

"I have a beautiful puppy called Haetnim, she's the cutest ball of fluff."

"Can I visit her!?" Yeri pleaded to which Joy just nodded. "Sweet!"

“God, I wish I had a puppy too.” Wendy said and looked expectantly at Irene. “Unnie… can we get one?”

Irene gulped hard. Those pleading eyes, that cute dimple, her cute very kissable pout and her almost whine made the leader’s heart race fast; Wendy would be the death of her, sooner or later. But she had to be the voice of reason, so she shook her head, clearing her thoughts.

“No.”

“Harsh.” Yeri commented and Wendy pouted even harder, but decided to not force the subject any longer.

“Ok, enough. Let’s get back to the main topic here.” Irene begged.

“Can I go home, though? Leo’s waiting for me.” Lisa pleaded. “Please.”

“Who’s Leo?” Yeri asked.

"OMG, Lisa is Leo your boyfriend?" Seulgi asked at the exact same time.

"Lisa's not straight!" Jisoo argued and Lisa blushed.

“Ugh, my cat? So can I?”

“NO!” Irene exclaimed. "Anyway, where was I?"

 

After their messy meeting, which was actually quite productive, Irene dismissed the girls for the day and most went home or to work, except for Irene herself, Seulgi, who was in her day off, Yeri and Wendy, who had worked in the early morning shift.

The leader had decided to prepare tea for them (but mostly for herself, she needed some stress relief after that meeting) and when she came back to the living room, the three were staring at Seulgi’s phone screen, swiping left and right nonstop while laughing.

Yeri was the one holding the phone, explaining something about upgrading Seulgi’s profile on Tinder because they had reached the limited amount of swipes, when Irene decided to sit next to them, serving the tea.

“What are you guys doing?” Irene asked, sipping her scalding hot camomile tea.

“Finding some hot dates for these oldies here.” Yeri answered.

“Hey! We’re not that old!” Seulgi protested, her eyes glued to the screen.

“Exactly, but you act like two miserable forty-year-olds.”

“And we’re looking for Seulgi’s date only.” Wendy felt like explaining specially after Irene’s cold stare at her. “Hey, wait! Look at this guy!”

“Oh, I like him!” Seulgi exclaimed and Wendy took an even closer look.

“He’s cute.” Wendy singsonged. “Swipe right!”

An unknown feeling emerged on Irene’s chest and it burned its way through her body, triggering her very short temper, making her narrow her eyes at her partner in crime, Wendy, who was too engrossed in swiping right to notice it.

But why? Wendy was single for all she knew, not that she was feeling jealous or anything of that sort. That was impossible, Irene thought, she was just worried about the younger woman’s health and security, wasn’t she? Yeah, probably that.

“Oh my god! Is this Joy?” Seulgi asked when a girl’s picture came up. “She looks hot here! Wow!”

Joy had uploaded various pictures of herself, from different angles but in all of them she looked beyond pretty, wearing her hair up in some and in other photos she had different hair colors that all suited her very well. But it was her intense stare in all of them which had drawn Seulgi in.

“Ew, unnie, what the hell?” Yeri visibly cringed. “What are you doing?”

“Swiping right?”

Wendy bursted into laughter as the other two started fighting for Seulgi’s phone, running around the living room as Seulgi tried to chase Yeri who held the phone up, caressly waving it around.

Wendy took a look at Irene to see the woman’s reaction but she was looking elsewhere, lost in her own thoughts. Probably tired from the meeting or just not too interested in the other two antics, which, either way, were very unusual of their leader.

“Oh, no!” Yeri whined when Seulgi managed to get her phone back. “You actually swiped right!”

“Yeah, so what?” Seulgi argued. “She’s very interesting in person too!”

“She’s so self-centered and obnoxious! You’re too nice for her, unnie!”

“Sounds like you’re jealous.” Wendy reasoned and Yeri’s face got red, but probably because she got actually angry as she folded her arms.

“Ew, please show me some respect, Olaf!”

“Who is Olaf?”

“Don’t pretend like you haven’t watched Frozen!” Yeri shouted. “I know you’re a Disney fan!”

“Hey! I’m still your unnie!” Wendy protested. “Tone it down.”

“Shut up, you two.” Seulgi interrupted. “We matched! Joy and me!”

“No way!” Yeri groaned. “I swear to god I tried but you have a weird taste in people.”

“But what does matching means?” Seulgi asked Wendy who just shrugged. “It’s something good right?”

“Yes, it means she’s interested too.” Yeri explained.

Seulgi chuckled happily and they all turned to Irene, who was heading upstairs, leaving the other three alone. Wendy mouthed a silent question asking if the leader was fine and she just waved, mumbled some lame excuses back.

When the leader disappeared of their line of vision, the other two stared expectantly at Wendy, who slowly started to blush under their awkward stares as if she had been caught red-handed.

“Ok, spill!” Seulgi demanded. “What happened between you two?”

“No-nothing.” Wendy stuttered. “You are imagining th-things.”

“Yeah, right.” Yeri said, grinning. “So you guys didn’t like kiss or something?”

“What?! Did you see something?” Wendy gasped as she felt her ears burn from embarrassment. “No, that was impossible.”

The other two looked at each other and laughed so hard they started crying, taking deep breaths as they wiped their tears away. Of course, Wendy would fall in Yeri’s stupid cheap bait and end up telling them. She was too predictable.

“Oh my! Tell us everything!” Yeri squealed and Seulgi managed to nod only, still giggling.

“I hate you two!”

“Cut the crap and tell us already!”

Despite wanting to tell them, Wendy felt like she needed to talk to Irene about it first, when she’s not so caught up in scheming or planning their heist, because, well, she was a part of it and really the one who initiated it.

But, that probably wouldn’t happen anytime soon and Wendy was dying inside, seeking out for answers and she felt like giving in, just a little. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad after all, if those two kept it was a secret.

So Wendy took a deep breath, sticking out her pinky finger, motioning for the other two to do the same and they did. They all stared at their joined fingers, sealing a silence deal that Wendy would have to count on.

“Ok, but you have to promise not to tell anyone, including Irene-unnie. Deal?”

“Deal!”