The plan

Bae's 9

Seulgi had been working non stop as she was currently working full time in the office, ever since that ungrateful brat called Seokjin decided to quit his job, marking her and their ex mutual workmates work twice as hard to fill the hole, the gap, left by him.

The whole place was chaotic and to say her life was hectic was probably an understatement, as she was the one chose to be in charge of the new employees who would work in the administrative part of the lawyers’ office. She couldn’t even remember the last time she had stopped to pee or the last she had eaten something as all Seulgi did was supervising the newcomers.

Exhausted, Seulgi decided to call Seungwan to pick her up and the woman happily obliged, saying that Joohyun had prepared something for them when they got home, which included more people crashing at Seungwan’s place too. But she didn’t mind, she needed some time focusing on something different that could distract her from her awfully disorganized workplace.

By the time they got to Seungwan’s place, the whole space smelled incredibly clean and it was meticulously organized with aligned chairs and even some popcorn that was placed next to each chair, so that they could while they watched Irene’s PowerPoint presentation. Amazing.

Wendy stood next to Irene, close to the map of the MAMA’s venue, one she had recently drawn herself, as they anxiously waited for five more women to arrive, their new gang members as Seulgi liked to call them.

“Unnie, you told me that for the heist would require the help from eight people, besides yourself, but why are there only seven chairs here?” Wendy asked Irene.

“I couldn’t find someone else’s to help Jennie, but I think she’s fine with that.” Irene told her. “So seven will do.”

The first to arrive was Jennie. She looked a bit stressed, but she smiled as soon as her gaze met Irene’s, genuinely happy about being there. It was incredible how much the New Zealander had missed being a criminal; it was beyond her simple human comprehension.

“You have no idea how much trouble I went through to be here.” Jennie commented.

“Well, we’re glad you could make it!” Wendy said, bowing politely. “It’s nice to see you again, Jennie.”

“Likewise.” Jennie agreed and she took a seat next to Seulgi, to chat with the woman.

Wendy and Jennie didn’t exactly have bad blood, but the New Zealander was the Canadian’s main reason of irrational jealousy since she was very close to Irene who was very fond of the woman too. Despite knowing she had actual reason to be jealous, as Irene’s was her mere partner in crime, she couldn’t help but feel a weird sensation on her chest every time Jennie was around.

But she hoped they could overcome that awkwardness as Jennie seemed very nice and funny, so Wendy swore to herself that she would give the woman a chance, for the sake of their heist and for Irene too, who encouraged her to approach the woman again.

While the other three were talking, Irene waited for the other women to arrive by the door. Lisa was the one who arrived next, still on time, nervously bowing to the other people in the room as she carried a very big sketch book with her first drafts of Rosé’s dress.

Irene suppressed a giggle when she saw that, but Lisa noticed it, waving it off as she took the seat in the left, plopping herself down in the chair. She opened her sketchbook, grabbing a pencil, and wasted no time.

“I’m on a mission, unnie. Stop laughing, it’s distracting.” Lisa told Irene, her eyes not leaving her sketchbook once.

Not very long after, Yeri arrived followed by Joy. Apparently, they took the same bus to Wendy’s house and eventually realized that, after being the only two people who got off the bus on that street, they would be attending the exact same meeting.

“At first, I thought she was stalking me, because, you know, I’m a very tall, pretty woman.” Joy said, ignoring while Yeri shook her head in disapproval. “But from her very awful hipster-y vibe, I could tell she was about to do some important stuff, so I figured she was part of this scheme.”

“Hello, excuse me? I’m right here, why are you pretending I’m not?” Yeri said and huffed when Joy just flipped her hair, still pretending she wasn’t there. “Oh my gosh, you’re so annoying!”

“Can you two shut up, I’m actually busy here!?” Lisa said and the two just took their seats respectively seating as far as possible from one another. “Thanks.”

 

Once they had all arrived, Irene asked for them to all introduce themselves very briefly to each other, bowing and taking a seat, and soon enough they were ready for the meeting to begin.

Irene prepared a whole slide presentation for that moment, with some nice transitions that drew Lisa’s attention, as she left her sketchbook for a while, so that she could pay attention to their leader.

“Okay, everybody, let’s get started.” Wendy announced. “Irene-unnie, please.”

“The Mnet Asian Music Awards in Seoul, three and a half weeks from now is considered to have one of South Korea’s most exclusive…” Irene started.

“…the most…” Wendy corrected.

“…the most exclusive invitation list to its gala party. And we are going to rob it, not the party itself, by a very important set of diamonds attending the ball.”

“Woah!” Lisa exclaimed when the slide presentation smoothly changed to a nice photo of the event’s venue and all eyes were one her. “I’m sorry, please continue.”

“The Majestic, known as Tiffany’s most expensive jewelry, is our target and it’s going to be on Chaeyoung Park’s neck, who Lisa will be dressing.” Wendy said and Seulgi squealed.

“Oh my god, I still can’t believe we are actually going to me Rosé!” Seulgi happily said, fangirling over the singer, coughing after seeing Wendy’s deep stare. “Yeah, please keep going.”

“Once Rosé is in inadvertently on board, we can then get the necklace from its vault, hack the MAMA’s security system, thanks to Joy...” Irene told them, while pacing around the room.

“You’re welcome.” Joy said and Yeri glared at her, to which Joy just winked in response.

“… we can infiltrate the Awards ceremony and, hypothetically,  in three weeks from now, a little bit over two hundred, eighty five million wons in each of your bank accounts…”

“Oh, wow!” Jennie gasped, eating some of the popcorn. “That’s… wow!”

“So go home, get your affairs in order, because tomorrow we begin pulling off one of the biggest jewel’s heists in history.” Irene finished the meeting and smiled at Wendy who was grinning back.

In less than twenty four hours, her plan was finally coming to life and, if they didn’t mess that up, in over three weeks those seven women would become part of the very select group of South Korea’s millionaires.


 

Later that night

Somewhere north, Jennie’s house

Jisoo could sense something was off when Jennie came back home after a supposedly rehab group meeting for people with compulsive buying disorder, something her wife claimed to suffer, even if Jisoo doubted a little that it was the case. She was too quiet, one of their dog’s furs absentmindedly while they were all laying comfortable on their bed.

Of course, Jisoo hadn’t forgotten about the other day, when that unknown woman got out of their garage suspiciously and how weird Jennie had acted that day, but she couldn’t have brought that issue up before, as she had been too busy managing Rosé’s career.

Their three dogs, Kuma, Kai and Dalgom just stared at her, probably aware of her increasing rage inside of her. Jisoo tried to stay calm, her eyes switching from her wife and their dogs, as if to try to figure out what to do.

But, considering those events of the last couple of weeks, and, on top of that, how quiet Jennie was that night, Jisoo realized she couldn’t take it anymore, so she would find out exactly what was going on, whether Jennie liked it or not.

“Okay, spill it.” Jisoo said in a menacing tone. “Who are you cheating on me with?!”

“What!?” Jennie shouted so loud that all of their dogs ran away from their room. “What are you talking about?”

“I know you been lying to me, so just cut the crap and say it!” Jisoo shouted back furiously, her face red. “Say it!”

“Babe, it’s not what you think! I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I saw that pretty woman coming out of our garage, just admit it already!”

“Irene? Oh, … no, no, no, no!” Jennie mumbled, her palms sweating.

“I knew it!”

 

Jennie was completely screwed. She knew Irene would snap when she found out Jennie wasn’t cautious enough and someone else ended up knowing about their plan, about the heist, but she had no other choice. She had to tell Jisoo the truth, because her wife was about to lose it, on the verge of tears as she already started to dramatically pack her stuff in one giant suitcase.

“Jisoo, baby, there’s something you need to know.”



 

Two hours later, the two wives were dropping their dogs off in a pet hotel. They have packed all their belongings quickly after Jennie told Jisoo about the heist, coming clean about everything, including all of her past criminal life. Much to her surprise, the woman demanded to participate in the scheme too as a condition to forgive her for keeping Jisoo in the dark.

Of course, she made her wife swear on the lives of their three adorable dogs, their kids, that she wouldn’t tell a word to Rosé, the oblivious singer, otherwise they would be doomed even before they could rob the necklace. Jisoo pinky-promised she wouldn’t say a word as she dorkily swore to be loyal to their plan and that, obviously, made Jennie comply with that craziness.

Jennie deeply hoped Irene wouldn’t kill her or, even worse, expose her very much illegal business. But, seeing how excited Jisoo became in becoming her partner in crime, made her not even hesitate in taking that risk. The thing Jennie did for love would must definitely put her in trouble, but she didn’t mind as long as Jisoo was on her side.

“So, when do we start the scheming?” Jisoo asked once they were alone in the car.

“I need to ask Irene first.” Jennie answered.

“What are you waiting for then? Call her!”

She gulped hard, side glancing at her wife who gave her the phone so that she could dial Irene’s number, something she had forcefully memorized because Jennie didn’t want Jisoo to discover a sudden new contact in her phone.

But, that didn’t matter anymore, did it? Jennie was almost a thousand percent sure Irene would scream once she told her the news, so she braced herself for the worse as Jisoo connect the phone to the car’s sound system.

Jennie pulled off from the pet hotel, which had been Jisoo’s idea as she stated they needed to fully dedicate themselves to Irene’s plan, carefully driving to their house. A thousand different scenarios ran through her mind before Irene picked up the phone, on the third ring.

“Hey, Jen, what’s up?” Irene greeted.

“Unnie, I have something to tell you, but you need to promise you’ll have your love for me in mind when I do tell you this.” Jennie said, glad they had stopped at a red light, she was sweating.

Oh, what have you done?” Irene asked, but that was no sign of a bad mood in her voice. “Don’t say you’re quitting this because…”

“I TOLD MY WIFE ABOUT IT. PLEASE DON’T BE MAD, I SWEAR IT WAS ACCIDENTAL.” Jennie interrupted, saying those words in one single breath.

The line became dead silent. Jisoo started to worry about Jennie’s health as her wife was super pale, sweating while she slowly drove through the streets of Seoul, without saying a word, anxiously waiting for Irene to say something.

Only a minute after, the line became noisy, with some very faint muffled voices echoing through the car’s speakers as Jennie had stopped in another red light. Jisoo decided to say something, she was getting anxious too.

“Huh, unnie. It’s…”

“Ok, it’s fine, Jennie.” Irene said, interrupting Jisoo while sighing a little. “I’m supposing she’s trustworthy…”

“What? Of course, I am!” Jisoo huffed and Jennie let out a laugh in relief.

“I’m sorry. You’re on speaker, unnie!” Jennie said while she turned left.

“Yah, thanks for the warning.” Irene ironically whispered.

“So, there’s something else.” Jennie said.

“I wanna be a part of your plan, too!” Jisoo exclaimed. “Please? I can be an useful addition to the team.”

“What?”

To say Jennie was nervous was probably an understatement, as she could hear her own heartbeat humming in her ears while she chose the right words to say, but at least she was getting close to her house.

“Unnie, Jennie’s wife could be the member we were looking for.” Jennie heard Wendy’s voice very far, in the background.

“Yeah, unnie. Plus, what if she’s a great cook? I’m sure we would all be benefited from it.” It was Seulgi, who almost shouted that.

“Hey, I’m a great cook already!” Wendy argued. “And why are you even talking about food?”

“I’m hungry!”

“Seulgi, we just ate lamen!”

“ Let me think, you two.” Irene pleaded and the line went silent for some excruciating seconds. “Ok, fine.”

“I’m sorry, what?” Jennie gasped.

“You heard it, I said it’s ok. Make sure she comes by with you tomorrow.”

“Oh.” was all that Jennie could say, not believing her ears “Wow.”

“She means thank you, Irene-unnie. We’ll be there.” Jisoo clarified, smiling happily at her wife.

“Alright, you two. I’ll see you tomorrow, be safe.” Irene bid her farewell and so did the other girls who shouted some unintelligible stuff at her phone. “Bye!”

Jisoo ended the call and, at the same time, Jennie pulled up on their driveway. It was nice welcomed surprise that Irene agreed to make her wife of the team that easily, almost like a miracle that she was graced with.

“Well, that was easy.” Jisoo said, getting out of their car. “Come on, let’s get inside!”

Jennie giggled, following her wife. Never in her life she would have imagined that all of those things would happen and that she had married the love of her life, who was also a complete badass and her partner in crime. Dreams did come true after all.