Dress, don't stress

Bae's 9

 

Joy managed to print the replica just fine, transferring data from the scanner to the printer, and once it was done, she carefully stored it by hanging it on Lisa’s mannequin, the one she had been using to test out Rosé’s dress.

By the time the replica was finished, Seulgi and Lisa were already back in their headquarters. It was getting pretty late, so each of them bid farewell and went to their homes, except for Seulgi, Wendy and Irene who kept staring at the necklace. It looked real, too real.

“So, I’m going to head upstairs.” Seulgi said while letting a yawn scape. “Lisa is a bit overwhelming and I’m exhausted.”

“Good night, Seul.” both Wendy and Irene said and Seulgi just blew them a kiss.

The duo decided to watch some tv as Wendy wouldn’t have to work so early the next day, since she had come back to her normal shift in the afternoon. A true blessing.

Irene had missed Wendy’s presence for the last couple of days as all she had done was watch the other girls do their individual jobs, like the leader that she was. Sometimes she just wanted to rest and do nothing for a while, enjoying Wendy’s company.

They had been cuddling quietly in the dim light of the tv for a while when Irene had an idea. She got up from the couch and went to the kitchen, to grab a bottle of wine she had bought to celebrate any occasion, any event that would could up.

“What’s that for?” Wendy curiously asked when Irene came back with two wine glasses.

“For us, to celebrate the success of today’s mission.” Irene explained, coming back to Wendy’s arms.

The Canadian giggled, accepting the glass. She comfortably held the leader in a hug, her hair while she was paying attention to whatever program that was on tv, absentmindedly sipping her glass of wine.

Irene, on the other hand, couldn’t focus. Maybe it was already the wine making her a little tipsy but little by little she felt more drawn to watching Seungwan, her Seungwan.

Under those dim lights, that woman beside her wasn’t only Wendy, her partner in crime, but she was Seungwan, someone special to her, that evoked feelings that Joohyun didn’t like that much but she couldn’t avoid.

She nuzzled Seungwan’s neck and the woman halted, surprised by the leader’s sudden action. Seungwan stopped cuddling, taking some sort of distance from the leader so that they could look at each other.

“Unnie, are you…”

“Shh, Wannie.” Joohyun said, slurring a bit. “Just let me do this.”

“Do what?”

Joohyun took Seungwan’s face in both of her hands. She stared at the woman for a second, who was blushing under her intense stare, before she closed her eyes and pressed her lips to the woman’s.

Seungwan let out a unexpected sound, but she didn’t push away, even reciprocating a little. The kiss was over just as quickly as it had started and before Seungwan could ask, Joohyun was already far from her, taking the glasses to the kitchen.

“Let’s go to sleep, Wendy-ah. It’s been a long day.”


Irene woke up the next day to a text message from Lisa, who was a bit nervous, considering that she would meet Rosé that day for the first dress fitting session. Wendy was nowhere to be seen and as it was close to midday, she had probably left for work which meant Irene would be alone as Seulgi was most likely at work as well.

She quickly typed an encouraging reply to Lisa, saying that everything would work out fine. Lisa was a strong smart woman and she adored the singer which made things a lot easier than she had initially thought. Everything was going to be fine.

Going downstairs, Irene decided to get ready for the day. She had a very weird headache from last night’s wine which was probably also why she also overslept, so she took a painkiller before the realization hit her hard.

She had kissed Wendy.

Even though no one could see her since she was home alone, Irene found herself blushing from just remembering the kiss, Wendy’s little gasp in between and how warm she had felt from doing so.

Of course, it had been just a peck but it made her feel fuzzy inside just as she expected. It was too good and she groaned at the mere thought of having to face Wendy after that, glad that the woman had left before she woke up.

All that she knew was that she in the worst situation ever because couldn’t simply pretend that it didn’t happen but she also couldn’t let it get in the way. But all things considered, she couldn’t wait to kiss Wendy again.

 

Meanwhile, at Rosé’s fitting room

Lisa had woken up early that day. She had anxiously waited for that moment, to show Rosé the first sketches of her dress to the MAMA as well as to convince the singer to wear Tiffany’s Majestic as an essential accessory to the event.

Rosé showed up to the meeting room just in time after Lisa had waited about fifteen minutes in which she deeply stared at Jisoo who was so good at pretending they didn’t know each other that she was actually shocked. That was a skill that Lisa struggled to develop, but was glad she didn’t have to as Jisoo avoided talking to her at all costs.

Lisa had created a version of the Majestic made out of safety pins, so that Rosé could envision how much space the necklace would occupy and to feel whether it was going to match the dress in the way she wanted it or not. It was tricky to know how Rosé felt about it, but after they chatted for a while, the singer started to become more vocal about her opinions.

“Lisa, I don’t know.” Rosé started, staring at Lisa’s reflection in the mirror. “Something looks weird. I think it’s the necklace.”

“Well, maybe you’re not seeing the final look in your head but I am and you’ll look gorgeous as ever.” Lisa explained.

“I don’t know. I feel like a look big and disproportionate.” Rosé said, her eyes watering a bit.

“The dress will be red for starters and the necklace will have lot of diamonds.” Lisa explained but Rosé was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

“Lisa-yah, I can’t do this, I look weird and…”

“What? No way!” Lisa said, touching Rosé’s shoulders. “Look at me.”

Rosé sniffled, her eyes red, but did as the designer told her to. The singer was wearing the first dress form and a replica of the Majestic made out of safety pins. They stared at each other’s eyes for a while before Lisa spoke up again.

“You’re so pretty and when you walk into that red carpet wearing that necklace, with that beautiful smile of yours, you’re gonna light up the sky.”

“Thanks.” Rosé truthfully said, wiping her tears away and Lisa rubbed her arms in a comforting manner.

“No problem.”

“You know, you’re very pretty too...” Rosé commented and Lisa coughed at the sudden change of subject.

“Thank you.” Lisa said, while pink dusted her cheeks involuntarily, and she could feel Jisoo mocking them for the other side of the room. “I think your manager find us funny.”

“Don’t mind her, let’s keep going.”

“Ok… Where were we?” Lisa trailed off, seeing Jisoo’s weird faces through the mirror. “Oh, yes! The dress, how do you feel about its length?”

“Oh.” Rosé spun around and Jisoo mimicked Lisa’s gawking reaction, making fun of the poor designer. “I think it could be longer.”

“Right.” Lisa nodded while taking notes of Rosé’s measurements. “Is it too tight?”

“No.”

“Cool. I think we’re done for today.” Lisa said abruptly.

The designer was having a hard time because of the singer’s manager who was apparently having the time of her life by annoying Lisa, not even caring about being a disturbance to the younger ones.

Rosé changed into her normal clothes, returning the dress and the safety-pin necklace to Lisa, while her eyes darted to where Jisoo wa standing, pretending to be too busy scrolling through her phone.

“You know, next time we can do this alone at my place.” Rosé whispered so that only Lisa could hear it. “I know you feel uncomfortable with Jisoo-unnie around.”

Lisa gasped as her ears got red, in pure embarrassment. She knew Rosé wasn’t implying anything other than they having a peaceful meeting next time, but why was the singer smiling so shyly at her and why did she almost swoon at Rosé’s question? Weird.

But Lisa would be lying if she said she didn’t want to agree to that proposition. So she just nodded, a little too eagerly, making the girl laugh and Jisoo roll her eyes at them, two oblivious idiots. 

“I would love to”.