Rosé's date

Bae's 9

When Jennie first saw Nayeon concentrated and working, on a quite rainy early Friday morning, she didn’t hesitate to knock on the glass door of the woman’s office, excusing herself after Nayeon looked at her.

Nayeon offered her a warm smile, inviting her in and getting the lists that Jennie came in to deliver to her, but the woman stayed silent which Jennie decided to take it as an opportunity to talk.

“So, I have the final list for tonight’s celebration dinner pre-awards.”

“Oh, nice! Thanks!” Nayeon exclaimed while reading the names.

“With a few additional names at the bottom…”

“Oh, my! Bogum Park?” Nayeon asked in disbelief once her eyes got to end of the list. “Really?”

Apart from being Irene’s most hated ex-boyfriend, Bogum Park was a fashion designer, actor and model that had gotten quite recognizable over recent years, but not up to the point of being a famous sensation.

The media hadn’t really decided if Bogum was worth their time or not as his wild card personality always seemed to leave him in sticky situations. So, to see that he had made onto that list was quite a surprise, to say at least.

“Rosé seemed to be into it, her manager barely had to ask.”

Jennie maintained full disclosure about her private life, so nobody knew that Jisoo, Korea’s most recognized and renowned manager, was her wife, as they had to maintain a respectful work ethics protocol, of course.

Nayeon just shook her head, upon the news, but deep down she was curious about the possible outcomes of his presence on that dinner or how Rosé would react to it once she realized the weird phenomenon that was Bogum Park.

“Let’s see how that goes.”

 

Later that day, at the celebration dinner

Rosé was the center of attention and, despite what she had initially thought, she wasn’t necessarily enjoying being bombarded with endless questions about the awards.

Being a host wasn’t an easy task and the singer was already considering whether she would let Jisoo do that to her ever again. Sure, it was good for her career, but it had costed a lot of her peacefulness already.

Jisoo was there too, for emotional support mainly, as all she did was help Rosé to keep calm and answer everyone’s burning questions about the event with patience and a smile on her face.

Jennie was there too, but as Vogue’s representative, almost like an infiltrate spy, to know about any fresh gossip that would come up, as well as to take some exclusive pictures for the high executives who sponsored the event.

Some kissing, nothing new.

When the dinner was about to be served and Rosé finally had a break, a handsome man excused himself while bowing to the high executives at the door to then seat right next to Rosé.

“Hey, so they put me right here, next to you.” Bogum Park said, while bowing to Rosé. “Lucky me.”

“Lucky you.” Rosé answered half joking. “It’s nice to finally meet you, Bogum-oppa.”

“Oh, the pleasure is mine! I finally got to see the masterpiece you are in person.”

Rosé slightly blushed at his forwardness, giggling as a way to dismiss the exaggerated compliment. Bogum just kept smiling seductively at her, which had been a little misplaced at first, but as time progressed, Rosé didn’t feel that annoyed by it.

They talked for a long while and, maybe it was the excessive amount of wine the singer had drunk, but Rosé realized she wasn’t in any way bothered by Bogum’s company.

Actually, she even found herself enjoying it, as he made jokes the entire time. It was pleasant to have that sort of interaction with someone, as if it had been some time since she had last talked to someone about something completely unrelated to work.

For a split second, her thoughts were filled by Lisa and how her jokes were at least ten times funnier and how she had better timing, but for some reason she felt like the Thai girl wasn’t really interested in her besides the professional business relationship they already had.

Lisa hadn’t replied to any of her advances which made Rosé a little upset and while Bogum talked to her, she made a point to give him a chance and forget about her designer, wishing that she didn’t feel that lonely without her.

From afar, Jennie and Jisoo had been observing Rosé’s interaction with Bogum, noticing how well they were getting along, which had initially surprised both of them, specially when the singer even looked like she was enjoying it.

Ignoring her very biased judgment, Jisoo reminded Jennie of their objective there, so her wife quickly texted what was happening to the phone number she had forced herself to memorize: Irene’s.

The eagle is here. - Jen

 

Once the dinner was over, Jennie was headed to Wendy’s house, to give some fresh intel to Irene, but without Jisoo’s company as her wife had to make sure Rosé went home safely before she could go anywhere else, specially after they saw the singer stumbling and steadying herself by leaning on a wall.

Rosé had drunk a lot and Bogum wasn’t giving her any space, so Jisoo had no choice but to intervene and take the girl home which obviously wasn’t ideal but, as the singer’s manager, Rosé was, after all, Jisoo’s responsibility.

That had created a mini argument between the two, Jisoo and Rosé, because the singer, in spite of her drunken state, didn’t want to leave the dinner, only giving in when Jennie offered her some leftover candy from the dinner as a payment for her good behavior.

Jisoo silently thanked her and Jennie waited for them to get in Rosé’s car before she drove off to Wendy’s place. She deeply hoped Rosé didn’t pay attention to her, because if she ever recognized Jennie, she would be doomed.

When Jennie arrived at their headquarters, thirty minutes later, instead of ringing the bell, she quickly texted Irene, who opened the door for her. It was quite late and Wendy and Seulgi were probably already asleep, which was very good as they didn’t know Irene was the mastermind behind Rosé’s date choice.

“Honestly, how could you fall for that awful man?” Jennie questioned Irene once they sat on the couch.

“Wannie and I were going through a rough patch and I wanted to expand our businesses no matter what. So I met him on a party and he seemed like a good guy, someone I could trust.”

“So he joined you guys in that scheme but he ended up calling the police?”

“Yeah, something like that.”

“How did he get away with it?” Jennie asked.

“I don’t know, it all happened very fast. I’m just glad he kept Wendy out of this.”

Jennie gave her a smirk, but Irene just rolled her eyes. The younger one knew Irene wasn’t going to tell her anything else, so she just gave the leader a little tap on the shoulder, getting up from the couch.

“Are you ready to know about the dinner?”

“I am, but please keep it down. The girls can’t know.”

“Why are you keeping this from them again?” Jennie asked.

“Because they would be worried and there’s nothing to worry about.” Irene said in a rather nervous tone.

“Yeah, right. If you believe that so much, why are you nervous?”

“I’m not.” Irene lied, but she gave Jennie a menacing look. “Will you tell me or not?”

“Woah, okay!” Jennie finally whispered. “Chill, unnie, I’ll tell you everything.”