Here we go again

Bae's 9

It was Saturday again which meant they had another scheduled meeting, that surprisingly enough, everyone coincidentally could attend. The main topic would be Rosé’s not-so-mysterious-anymore date, that they would know before it got leaked by the media, thanks to Jisoo and Jennie.

They were an amazing duo, after all.

Irene was outside, on a phone call, while the other girls gathered on Wendy’s living room, impatiently waiting for Joy to turn on her laptop and put the new revised seating plan up so that they could all see it.

“Oh my god, what’s taking you so long?” Yeri complained.

“Calm down, kiddo.” Joy teased. “My laptop was updating itself, I had to wait.”

“I can’t wait to see who is the lucky guy!” Seulgi squealed in pure fangirl mode. “I hope it’s that cute new solo singer, Jungkook!”

“Hm, I won’t spoil anything.” Jennie said.

“You guys will have to wait.” Jisoo warned them.

Lisa was pretending she didn’t care, seating on the living room’s opposite side while she sewed up two cloth pieces together, for Rosé’s dress that was almost finished.

By the time Joy finally put up the picture, Wendy finally got back from the kitchen with beverages for the girls, that consisted of beer and cans of Coke Zero, her favorite.

Yeri and Seulgi screamed in reaction, while Lisa just puffed some air, which made Wendy hurry up to see the laptop’s screen as well. She squinted her eyes to read the name written next to Rosé and she couldn’t believe her eyes: Bogum Park.

Wendy was fuming angry. It had obviously been Irene’s idea and that was probably why she had been acting weird and had chosen to stand outside, instead of telling them the news herself.

Seulgi noticed Wendy’s bad mood right away, but she didn’t comment on it, simply grabbing the bottles from her, before Wendy stormed out of the living room.

“What happened?” Lisa cluelessly asked, finally joining them. “Is there something wrong?”

“Oh, we’re about to witness it.” Jennie said, while exchanging glances with her wife. “Yeri, grab the popcorn!”

 

It didn’t take more than two minutes for Wendy to find Irene on her dirty backyard, staring at the single plant that had been surviving the cold winter. She wasn’t talking on the phone anymore, but she wasn’t facing the house, too busy on her own thoughts.

“Hey!” Wendy shouted and that surprisingly didn’t scare the leader. “We need to talk.”

Irene turned around, to find Wendy walking towards her with her face red, a clear sign that she was mad at her. She didn’t say a word, waiting for the Canadian to continue talking while she braced herself for what was to come.

“I need you to tell me that it’s not what I think it is.”

“What?” Irene said, her voice still somehow calm, despite her internal turmoil.

Wendy stood very close to her, looking straight into Irene’s eyes, while they were face to face and she was trying to decipher what was going on the leader’s mind. Irene was too stubborn, too unpredictable.

“Bogum Park?” Wendy asked, her accusing tone made Irene flinch.

“It wasn’t my doing.” Irene denied, but her eyes faltered. “It was just a coincidence.”

“Don’t con me.” Wendy demanded. “Tell me the truth!”

Irene just stayed silent, it was too obvious: she was the one behind all of that, and Wendy just ran a hand through her hair, shutting her eyes close in an attempt to calm herself down.

“You do not run a job in a job!”

“It’s not going to matter!” Irene exasperatedly said. “Don’t worry about it.”

“We’re going to get caught.” Wendy said, shaking her head. “I can’t believe you did this.”

“Stop, Wan. We’re not getting caught!”


Meanwhile, the six other team members were all peeking their heads out of one the windows, trying to watch the interaction between the two unfold without drawing any attention to them.

The tension was pretty much there as Irene gesticulated a lot and Wendy wasn’t having any of it, shaking her head vigorously at whatever the leader was saying, which was quite hard to hear as they were a bit far.

“I bet a thousand wons that they’re gonna kiss and make up. Wendy’s gonna do it!” Yeri said.

“I bet three thousand that Irene’s gonna do it.” Joy challenged.

“What? No way! Wendy is gonna kiss Irene first!” Lisa intervened. “I bet a thousand wons on Wendy.”

“Can you stay quiet? I can’t read their lips from here.” Jennie complained while she used a chair to get a better view. “Chichu, help me!”

“Wendy said something about getting caught but Irene told her not to worry.” Jisoo explained. “Or something along these lines.”

“Oh, you’re very good at that!” Seulgi complimented and reached out to her beer. “Can someone pass me the popcorn?”


“Why do you do this?” Wendy asked, letting her frustrations out. “Why does it always have to be a risk?”

Irene shrugged.

“You frame him and I walk out of this plan.”

“Stop.” Irene pleaded. “Just stop.”

“This is just like last time.” Wendy said and was about to walk away, but Irene grabbed her wrist, not letting her go.

“Wan, please. Listen!” Irene turned her around. “He put me into jail, you have no idea how that feels like.”

“Yeah, but I know how it to be without you.” Wendy said, a bit hurt, and Irene was taken by surprise. “And he’s gonna do that again, and you’ll leave me again!”

“No, he’s not. I promise that I won’t let him do that.” Irene said, while taking one of Wendy’s hand with both of hers. “I won’t leave you this time.”

The last part was barely a whisper that made Wendy’s heart race fast, specially after Irene’s cheeks got pink under her intense stare, making the leader a bit shy.

Suddenly, she didn’t feel that angry or insecure and almost even forgot the reason why she freaked out so much. So she kept staring at Irene’s shy smile, as Wendy inevitably pulled her even closer, closing the gap between them.

“I’m gonna kiss you now.” Wendy playfully warned. “Even though, the girls have been watching us for about five solid minutes now.”

“They WHAT!?”

Before Irene could look around, Wendy had already leaned in, pressing their lips together in a quick kiss that made the leader swoon. The Canadian giggled at her reaction then pointed at the window where the girls had been watching them.

When they both looked at their team, Seulgi tried to hide herself, but ended up tripping and exposing them even more are the automated curtains went up while Joy gave some won bills to Yeri and Lisa, who were chanting in victory as Jennie and Jisoo just waved at them.

“Shall we go back inside?” Wendy suggested while laughing at their crazy teammates.

“Sure!”

 

Later that day, Irene decided to go the arena again, to check if Joy’s blind spot, that she didn’t even share how she could do it, was big enough for Yeri to take advantage of when they finally execute their plan.

She had bought a ticket again, to another uninteresting soccer match, just so she could get in, but this time, as it was a simple task, Irene decided to go alone.

Joy and Wendy stood outside, comfortably sat in a public bench, while drinking some hot tea because of the cold weather and eating some sandwiches, which Wendy had meticulously prepared before.

Joy was checking Irene’s movements through the security cameras, being closely guided by Wendy who, for some reason, had memorized almost every single camera placement that arena had, just for precaution.

“You’re very odd.” Joy pointed out to Wendy, who just shrugged. “I dig that.”

“You’re not that different.” Wendy commented and Joy smiled, taking that as a fair point. “Weirdo.”

“Ugh, guys, I can hear you.” Irene reminded them, involuntarily touching her in-ear piece. “Stop distracting me!”

“Oops, sorry, unnie.” Wendy apologized right away to which Joy just mouthed ‘whipped’. “Move to your right!”

Irene did as she was told, carefully walking through the arena’s surprisingly empty halls. Once she saw two guards, heading the opposite way, she made sure to continue walking, approaching the backstage area.

Their objective was a bathroom located between one of the entrances and the backstage part, which was quite convenient, but the leader was sure that entrance would be closed on the MAMA’s day.

“Wait, you’re close!” Joy shouted and Irene halted to a stop. “Sorry, that was loud.”

They could see Irene holding a hand to her chest, careful not to scream. Wendy suppressed a laugh, but ended up giggling at the leader, who looked around to see where the camera was to shoot them a menacing look.

“Seungwan, are you laughing at me?” Irene’s voice was cold through their headphones.

“Seungwan?” Joy asked while she laughed out loud. “Is that your Korean name, unnie?”

“What? No!” Wendy retorted immediately. “And shut up, Joy! I will find out about your Korean name too!”

Joy just rolled her eyes at Wendy, stealing a bite from Wendy’s sandwich. They initiated a mini fight while Irene just kept walking, aimlessly, waiting for more instructions.

“Ok, you’re right there.” Wendy warned. “Stay there, unnie.”

Irene looked around and upon her being the only person there, meaning she was more than safe, she measured the spot, from the bathroom’s door up to the wall she was leaning on.

Exact two meters.

“Two meters, good job!” Irene congratulated Joy. “Thanks, Joy!”

“That was easy.”

“Really? What’s hard then?” Wendy asked and Joy just shrugged.

“Let’s get out of here.”