You better work, sis!

Bae's 9

It was a busy day at Vogue’s offices. Nayeon was going crazy, working closely with the designing team, while Jennie was busy checking endless lists of guests and employees, making sure everything was going accordingly to what the event had to be: perfect.

The MAMA awards would happen in less than four days and there wasn’t a single soul in the entertainment industry who wasn’t working as if there was no tomorrow, because, if something or someone messed up, there would probably not be another day in their miserable lives.

When Jennie checked the menu for the artist’s dinner, which was a mess, as she had only recently been informed that Vogue would be behind the catering, she quickly remembered Wendy’s idea and seeing how desperate Nayeon was, it was the perfect opportunity.

“Hey, sorry to bother you.” Jennie said, after she excused herself to enter in Nayeon’s office. “I know this isn’t any of my business, but…”

“Oh, hey, Jennie. Don’t worry, what’s wrong?” Nayeon asked.

“This catering doesn’t have any special meals and we’re running on 20% of special diets: lactose intolerance, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, the list goes on.”

“Oh!” Nayeon almost gasped, she probably hadn’t even thought about that. “What are gonna do?”

“I know a nutritionist, a great one. She’s very renowned in Canada!”

“Oh, thank god, Jennie!” Nayeon cheered as if the sudden problem was solved. “Call her ASAP!”

 

When Irene arrived at their headquarters, after grocery shopping, she was surprised to see Wendy sat on the table, going through a pile of papers, mumbling something to herself.

Seulgi was nowhere to be seen, probably at her work. Yeri was also surprisingly not there and the other girls were all working, including Lisa who was doing some “last minute” adjustments to Rosé’s dress.

“Hey!” The leader greeted and Wendy got up, to help her with the groceries. “Aren’t you supposed to be at work now?”

“I quit.” Wendy nonchalantly said while softly pecking the leader’s lips. “I got a new job.”

“What? Wan, we’ve talked about this.” Irene said while blinking fast, her confusion evident on her face. “We agreed that it was better for you to continue working as a waitress for now. It wouldn’t raise any suspicions.”

“Yeah, well, surprise! Jennie got me a job at the event.”

Wendy looked expectantly at the leader, whose expression was unreadable. Upon Irene’s cold silence, they both proceeded to unpack what Irene had bought, storing the groceries in the their designated cabinets and in the fridge.

“Behind my back?” Irene pouted, after a long while, but her look was furious. “How could guys do stuff behind my back?”

“Don’t.” Wendy kissed her cheek. “Be” Wendy kissed her nose. “Mad.” Wendy finally kissed Irene’s lips again.

When did she become so clingy?

“Ugh, I hate you.” Irene lied, hugging Wendy afterwards. “I can’t be mad when you do that.”

“That’s the whole point.” Wendy said, laughing when Irene smacked her arm. “It was my idea. It would be easier for all of us to have access backstage.”

Irene stopped hugging Wendy, taking a step back to look at the Canadian’s face, who took a step forward, making her take another step back, trying to maintain some distance.

“Joohyun-unnie!”

The leader smiled, big, as an idea popped up in her mind and let out a full blown laugh when Wendy started to chase her around the kitchen and then around the living room. They were running around the place just like two kids, laughing nonstop.

The Canadian had been genius and Irene deeply wanted to tell her that, but she was too busy finding Wendy’s determined expression too cute. She finally stopped running, giving in to Wendy’s bashful grin while they kissed in the middle of the living room.

“Oh my god, just date each other already!” It was Yeri, who was filming the whole scene while Seulgi laughed at their faces.

They were both by the door, with Joy right behind them watching the duo as well. Yeri kept on filming them as Irene’s face was red from embarrassment and she just let out weird noises as she hid herself in Wendy’s embrace.

Wendy was having the time of her life, seeing the leader being so domestic with her, but she decided to reprimand the girls, who were having way too much fun.

“You could’ve knocked.”

“What? Wendy-ah, why would we knock to get inside the house?” Seulgi argued, laughing as Wendy became speechless. “Okay, girls, let’s stop because we managed to get them both embarrassed.”

“Oh, hell, no!” Joy shouted. “Yeri, please send me this video later.”

“Maybe we should stop, they’re both turning so red that they faces could explode at any time.” Yeri teased and Wendy threw a sofa cushion at her.

“Ouch! I’m here to congratulate you on getting us a job and that’s how you treat me!” Yeri whined but smiled, making herself comfortable in Wendy’s sofa.

“I still can’t believe we’re meeting Rosé very soon.” Seulgi commented and Joy rolled her eyes. “Don’t worry, Sooyoung-ah, you’re still important to me, but Rosé is Rosé.”

“GOSH, Sooyoung?” Seungwan pointed out in victory. “AH HA!”

“Wait, what do you mean with Sooyoung being important to you?” Irene observed. “And really, Sooyoung?”

“You guys just exposed yourselves now.” Yeri said, observing how Seulgi’s mind slowly processed the information. “So are you finally telling me how your date went?”

“No.” Joy responded while crossing her arms defensively on her chest. “And what’s up about my name being Sooyoung?”

“It’s too cute for your ugly face.” Yeri teased and Joy gave her the finger. “Seulgi, I don’t accept her as your girlfriend, she’s too impolite.”

“Can you guys please chill?” Seulgi pleaded. “Let’s do what we came here for and celebrate our new job and me finally telling my boss to go eff himself.”

“You didn’t do that, you never swear.” Wendy corrected. “I know you too well.”

“True, but I do that mentally.”

“And in bed.” Joy concluded.

Wendy screamed in horror while Irene started laughing so hard her stomach started to hurt and Yeri just shook her head, laughing as she took a picture of Seulgi’s pale face while Joy seemed unfazed by her comment.

“Yeri, I will smack away your phone!”

“Try me!”

 

Once they all calmed down, Irene organized a meeting but only after Lisa joined them with a consequential high amount of booze, to celebrate their new jobs, as nutritionist and waitresses at the MAMA awards.

A couple of dance offs between Seulgi and Lisa later, Jennie finally arrived with Jisoo, strolling around with a neatly organized clothing rail, that she had told them she would be getting, so they could all attend the event afterwards, as Vogue’s guests.

The couple of wives easily entered the place as the door had stayed open, the electronic lock turned off. Jisoo gave her a weird look and they braced themselves for the worst, but the both got relieved once they saw Lisa laughing as she twerked on top of the couch.

“We’re so sorry, we got stuck in traffic.” Jennie said, while she made her way through the living room, finding Yeri and Seulgi beyond wasted in a corner. “Are they ok?”

“I guess so.” Joy answered. “Are these the dresses you were talking about?”

Jennie nodded, raising an eyebrow at Irene, who was comfortably seating on Wendy’s lap. The leader just shrugged and smiled, a sign she was probably just as tipsy as Seulgi and Yeri, who were giggling like two crazy idiots.

“Lisa-ah, Rosé wants to see you.” Jisoo said and Lisa almost fell off of the couch. “Why did you stop answering her texts?”

“I...tell her I can be there tomorrow, at her house, I mean.” Lisa said, suddenly getting serious just to then give them a goofy smile. “I won’t run away from Rosie anymore!”

“Liquid courage, let’s see how much that’ll last.” Wendy said and Lisa pouted. “It’s a joke! Sorry!”

“I bet Lisa-unnie won’t do it!” Yeri shouted, raising her hand.

“Oh, shut up! She’ll do it, you jerk.” Joy argued. “I bet she’ll do it.”

“I bet Lisa will do it as well, a thousand wons on Lisa!” Seulgi stuttered and tried to wink with an eye, but she ended up blinking.

“Three thousand wons on Rosé, who’ll make the first move!” Irene yelled and Wendy agreed.

“You guys are intense.” Jisoo said and held Lisa in a hug. “Don’t worry, Lili. I’ll protect you.”

“No, you won’t because you love to tease me.”

“That’s right, but that’s an encouragement!” Jisoo said and Jennie smiled.

“God, no wonder you married Jennie-unnie.”

Jennie just exchanged a look with Jisoo, deciding to give each of them the clothing piece she had got them, purely based on each team member personal liking, which had taken her a lot of time.

They resumed to trying on their clothes, each one at a time, in Wendy’s spacious bathroom, as they all wanted their outfit to remain as a surprise at least to the other, since Jennie was the one to pick them.

“Thanks, Jen!” Irene said, for all of them and Jennie nodded.

“You did a great job!” Jisoo pointed out and gave her a kiss.

“Seulgi, stop trying to take a sneak peek, this isn’t the red carpet.” It was Joy’s voice. “Yeri, please hold her for me!”

“Oh, god.”