Surprise

Bae's 9

Later that day, Lalisa was the last one to arrive at Wendy’s very important meeting she had scheduled the moment after the heist was over, when they had been all too euphoric about it.

When Lisa opened the door, carelessly waltzing to the living room, still enjoying her post-heist happiness, she found all the other members already waiting for her, lounging around Wendy’s living room.

Jennie lied beside Jisoo and Yeri on the floor. To their right Seulgi sat comfortably on a puffy chair as Joy sat almost on her lap and to their left Wendy and Irene where chatting on the couch. 

She greeted one by one, hugging and kissing much to the women’s dismay until she actually noticed something was different, something felt odd. Maybe it was the leftover pizza box beside Jennie or maybe...

“Hey, Lisa! It’s great to see you!” A familiar voice said, right behind her. 

Too familiar.

Lisa turned around and when she was met by a smiley Rosé, she almost screamed in pure surprise but decided to play it cool instead, side-eyeing Irene, whose expression was completely blank.

“Hey, Rosie, I was going to call you…”

“Ok.” Rosé quickly agreed. “I believe you.”

The singer’s tone was genuine and she wasn’t as mad as Lisa had thought she would be since they haven’t really talked after the event.

Actually, it was the complete opposite. Rosé seemed happy and excited, just like she was on the red carpet, which was definitely a good sign: Rosé wasn’t planning on having a “talk” any time soon.

That also meant she wasn’t in Wendy’s place for that purpose.

Wait.

Rosé. Was.There. 

Rosé was there at their secret meeting.

“I- Hold on, why are you here?” The realization hit Lisa like a truck and she got so pale she could barely move. “I- what- how is that possible?”

“Well, you guys are ed and don’t worry, I’ll explain everything, honey.” Rosé said and turned to Wendy. “Nice place by the way, Unnie.”

“Rosie, why are you still wearing pajamas?” Lisa confusedly asked and both Joy and Yeri bursted out laughing. “What’s going on?”

“Alright, ladies, let’s begin the meeting.” Irene said, ruining the climatic mood. “Yeri and Joy, for the last time this is not a dorama, stop filming them.”

“Aw, unnie, you ruined the mood!” Joy complained. “Lisa’s face was priceless.”

“Unnie, you’re such a killjoy! It’ll take twice the time to edit this and put it on YouTube.” Yeri commented and Wendy shot her a glare. “Ok, I’m not uploading it, MOM!”

“OMG, how does Seul manage to deal with you two?” Wendy asked, turning around to see Seulgi paralyzed, completely frozen in place. “Seulgi?”

“Ah- yes, I wasn’t totally gushing about the fact that Rosé is actually here, no.”

“Oh, are you a fan?” Rosé asked and Seulgi blushed. “Oh, c’mon let’s take a pic.”

“Are you guys really- ok, no posting allowed then.” Jisoo said since they were already posing for a selfie. “So… why are we gathered here then again?”

“Right. So we noticed a few hours ago that Miss Park…” Irene began once everything settle down for a minute.

“Is not a total idiot…” Rosé continued.

“That she might have gotten a sense of what we were doing.”  Irene finished. “Rosé, will you…?”

Rosé got up from the couch where she was sat and jumped in happiness as she stood up beside Wendy and Irene as the other girls watched the whole scene unfold in pure amusement.

“First of all, if there’s one thing I know, it’s when someone is bad at their job and, honey…” Rosé switched her position to look directly at Lisa “You can’t act for .”

“THAT’S WHY I’M A FASHION DESIGNER!” Lisa shouted and Yeri laughed.

“And I almost never throw up, unless I’m like really wasted. Last but not least, I never forget a face and I’ve seen Jennie-unnie around for a while, same goes for you, Irene-unnie.”

Once Rosé finished her speech, she took a seat beside Lisa again, who was just too overwhelmed to process the information. The other girls just watched in silence as they waited for Irene to say something.

“So Rosé informed us that a insurance lady, Sunmi, an old friend actually, is working on this case since they already know we replace the Majestic with a zirconium replica.” Irene solemnly said. “Sunmi tried to interrogate Rosé about it this morning.”

“What? You didn’t tell me that.” Jisoo stated and looked at Rosé for an explanation.

“Well, you still haven’t told me why you were at my place today.” Rosé said and Jisoo pouted. 

“I was just going to tell you about some upcoming brand deals.” Jisoo almost whined. “You had something much more important to say and yet..”

“C’mon, unnie, you would end up knowing about this sooner or later.”

“Anyway, so I thought that nine shares of a billion wons is better than eight shares of nothing.” Irene suggested. “Right?”

They all went silent again, including Irene who was expectantly waiting for her team’s reaction and, when no one said anything, Rosé decided to break the ice and clear it out.

“C’mon, guys. Where’s the “Rosé, welcome to the team spirit"?” Rosé ironically said, suddenly changing her happy mood. “Besides, I’m really the one saving your asses from insurance fraud.”

“I- We are totally going to jail!” Seulgi desperately said. “I can’t believe this.”

“Wait, no one said anything about jail.” Wendy explained. “We have prepared for this, we won’t bail out now.”

“Yup, clearly prepared for this.” Joy sarcastically huffed.

“So, what’s the plan?” Yeri asked, ignoring the other’s negative reactions.

“Well, you guys shouldn’t worry because we’re not the prime suspects.” Irene explained. “We are all clear.”

“Well, then who will be the prime suspect?” Jisoo asked.

“We’ve got a few: the backstage staff, people from the event…”

Jennie smiled in disbelief and shook her head. Suddenly, everything made sense and she just couldn’t believe how meticulously Irene had planned every single detail.

“The shady guy who put you away!” Jennie squealed. “Unnie, you said you were over it but clearly you are not!”

“OMG, Irene-unnie!  WOW!” Rosé cheered. “You are really next level.”

“Well, they had to be looking for somebody and I just had to make sure it wasn’t one of us.”

“It’s nice.” Wendy commented. 

“Thanks.”

“So Bogum then?” Lalisa finally spoke up. “This plan’s precision is actually quite scary.”

“I know, right?” Rosé said and Jennie turned to her, poking her side.

“Why are you doing this?” Jennie incredulously asked. “It’s obviously not the money.”

“I-I don’t have many close friendships with people and I saw this opportunity…”

“So you became a criminal because you’re lonely?” Yeri asked.

“Yeah.”

“Is this because you miss Australia?” Seulgi inquired. “What?”

“This is hilarious.” Joy laughed and it was time to call it a day.

 


a/n: ah, yes, i'm back - surprise... i guess haha