Rising stars

Bae's 9

The time had come: the red carpet event was finally happening and Rosé couldn’t focus on anything Bogum was telling her once they got out of the car, as she was too busy admiring Lisa from afar, who was just as elegantly dressed as her.

A arranged space outside the stadium, organized and luxuriously decorated was where the pre-party was happening and where hundreds of people and the press squeezed themselves trying to take a picture of the famous celebrities who would be attending the MAMA awards.

Jisoo decided to skip the event and headed straight inside, where she would be waiting for Rosé and, as soon as the singer finished taking mandatory photos with her date and crossed the entrance door, they would head backstage to rehearse her first speech.

She vaguely remember her manager being unusually nervous and anxious for the event, but she decided to put this thought in the back burner as she adjusted her position next to Bogum and smiled as cameras flashed around them.

Despite the endless amount loud screams of fans, she heard a lot of speculation about her date as most photographers didn’t seem to be pleased, almost as if they disapproved her choice.

“Where’s Lisa?” She heard some photographers ask as more flashes followed suit.

The singer’s eyes automatically searched for the fashion designer in question, who was a bit ahead of them, but Bogum’s mind might have read her thought as he tightened his hold on her waist, making her unable to move to Lisa’s direction.

“I want to take a photo with Lisa.” Rosé said through her gritted teeth, still smiling. “Let go of me.”

“But I’m your date, we should stay together.” He whined above a whisper and walked to another group of photographers.

Rosé took the opportunity to swiftly untangle herself from his arms and fast walked over to Lisa, who shivered when she felt the singer hold her hand completely out of the blue.

“You startled me.” Lisa whispered but her smile was genuine as she stared at Rosé. “How did you like your dress and jewelry?”

Both standing together, the artist, the creation and the muse, with joined hands caused a commotion and all photographers rushed to them, bombarding the duo with questions and ideas for poses.

“It’s perfect.” Rosé said and her eyes sparkled with happiness when Lisa squeezed her hand. “You’re perfect.”

“Thank you.” Lisa shyly answered as they calmly walked. “You are stunning and I’m so happy to be here!”

Rosé flashed her a big smile and her cheeks became red, as she giggled to the back of her hand, waving Lisa’s complements off as the designer wouldn’t stop saying how pretty she was to the people around them.

“Are you guys dating?” Someone in the crowd shouted and Lisa laughed.

“I wish we were.”

Not too far from them, Bogum stood furious as all the attention was solely focused on Rosé and Lisa, who were busy were answering fan questions, but he sighed, maintaining his gentleman façade as he greeted people with a bitter smile.

They were about to enter the stadium when J-Hope, who was reporting the event live to Music Television, interrupted them by tapping the singer’s exposed shoulder. 

Once Rosé realized who it was, she gave him a hug, excitedly introducing Lisa to him as she tried to look around for Bogum, who was nowhere to be seen, probably way behind them or already inside.

“Oh, you’re that DJ from the bar!” Lisa commented and J-Hope confirmed. “I like you already.”

“So, Rosé, what a big night, huh?” J-Hope asked.

“Yeah, I’m so excited! We have so many performances coming up and I couldn’t be more grateful for being this year’s host!” 

“And wow, you look amazing! Literally took my breath away!”

The singer spun around to the camera man, who was filming the bright red dress and the set of diamonds on her neck, who were a spectacular combination, a killer outfit for sure.

“Oh my god, this necklace!” J-Hope gasped. “It’s so beautiful and looks quite expensive!”

“Well, it’s all thanks to Lisa!” Rosé said and gave Lisa a warm look. “I couldn’t have done it without her.”

“Oh, you know, she’s so pretty that literally anything looks fantastic if she’s the one wearing it.” Lisa said and giggled once Rosé rolled her eyes. “It’s true, though.”

“I couldn’t agree more!” J-Hope said and thanked them with a bow. “I won’t take any more of your precious time, see you guys inside!”

 

When Jisoo led her backstage, Rosé’s hands were shaking from anticipation as she had barely slept the previous night, too anxious for the big day to come and at the moment, she felt even more troubled.

“Manager-unnie, I don’t feel so good.” Rosé confessed. “This was a bad idea.”

“Hey, Chae! Stop.” Jisoo said, her tone sweet. “Look at me. We’re here, together, nothing bad is gonna happen.”

Rosé nodded along to Jisoo’s words, but she was still on the verge of tears while they walked fast to the dressing room avoiding other people by just excusing themselves.

When they got to their destination, Jisoo handed her a warm cup of tea that she had ordered to a waitress. The singer gladly took it and drank it in big gulps as she tried to calm down.

 

Joy, who had been monitoring them inside the van while she painted her nails, gave Irene the sign to go to the red carpet, after the fuss Rosé had created with Lisa died down.

“Hold on, what’s Irene’s fake name again?” Jisoo quietly asked thought the earpiece as she led Rosé backstage. “This way, Chae!”

“Oh my god, I can believe I’m finally seeing Rosé live!” Seulgi interrupted as the loud sound of clattering dishes invaded their ears. “Sorry!”

“Be careful, Seul. We actually need to keep this job!” Yeri joked.

“It’s Tiffany Young,” Irene’s voice could be heard and Joy found her by looking through the surveillance cameras. “All set, Joy?”

“Yup, you can go there now.” 

“Yeri, I need the ketchup, where is it?” It was Wendy and Joy laughed when she saw through the camera how distressed they all looked back in the kitchen. “C’mon, help me!”

“I’m just a waitress, not a chef!” Yeri argued but decided to help her anyway.

“Can you guys keep it down? I think Lisa is having a next to Bogum on the table.” Jennie’s voice came through and Joy switched the cameras.

Lisa was uncomfortably squirming away from the men’s inappropriate questions as he was basically inquiring some information about Rosé to the designer as if he was actually considering he had a chance with her.

“Are you okay, Lisa?” Joy said as Jennie was busy helping the artists find their tables. “Lisa?”

The woman nodded, unable to answer as the men was still blabbering something they couldn’t hear properly as Lisa had turned off her microphone, to spare them a bit from the guy’s conversation.

 


Irene was standing outside, waiting for the security’s authorization for her to pose for pictures, while the girls discussed something she wasn’t paying attention too as her turned down the volume of her earpiece.

She was wearing a blonde wig, a golden dress and heavy eye makeup that made her almost unrecognizable as she waited for her turn, while a staff member, a woman, checked her information.

“I’m sorry, ma’am, what’s your name again?” 

Irene huffed, impatient as she mumbled and faked an annoyed expression as if the girl lack of knowledge about her was actually offensive and absurd, which made other people standing in the line complain.

“Tiffany Young.” Irene responded. “I am on the list, please let me go.”

“Just a sec.” The girl said and went through the list one more time. “Oh, here it is. Have a good night!”

Irene bowed and posed for some photographers as she almost rushed inside, skipping some famous people who were busy being interviewed by hundreds of journalists.

Once she got inside, she spotted the two Tiffany and Co.’s guards walking backstage where Rosé probably still was as Jisoo had explained that the singer would only change her outfit after the first performance.

Irene decided to take a look at the exclusive guest royal experience whose exhibits were many jewels which had belonged to kings and queens from all over the world and had been loaned exclusively for that event.

When she came back to the main lounge, which was located in the center of the stadium, the place was already crowded and then she took a seat next to Lisa who jumped in surprise when she recognized her.

“Oh, my! You look nothing like you. Congrats!”

“Thanks, Jennie helped.” Irene said and saw that Bogum was at the bar “So, how’s everything going so far?”

“I feel I’m like on alert mode all the time.” Lisa said and averted her eyes from Bogum. “I can wait until we do it.”

“Well, you’ll get used to it, but don’t worry, it’s only a matter of time now.”

Once a voice announced the show would begin shortly and people’s scream filled the stadium, Irene decided to walk around a little bit more, heading out to the bar area as she turned the volume of her earpiece up, waiting for the plan to almost execute itself as Jennie gave Wendy the last coordinates.

 

Meanwhile, outside the event

Joy was finishing her look when Wendy knocked on the van’s trunk three times which made the hacker almost ruin her recently painted nails as she struggled to unlock the door for the woman. 

“Is it all set?” Wendy asked breathlessly as she had run to the van. “Let’s go?”

“It’s all good.” Joy said and gave Wendy her spare outfit. “See you soon.”

Wendy nodded and adjusted her apron, winking at Joy in the process. She left the van carrying her clothes and rushed inside as the event would begin soon and they would serve the guests too.

Joy mumbled something to herself and decided to tell the others that everything was going according to plan and soon enough they would pull out the biggest heist ever.