Sick Baby

Our Little Sungie

 


If there’s only word to describe their baby at the moment, it was ‘Workaholic’. It’s the only thing they can’t change about Yesung. Stubbornly work his way through the sleepless night.

Sungmin had lost the counts on how he had to drag the working latter to sleep sometimes. Kyuhyun had lost all his faith to even advising the older to stop pushing himself all the time.

And it was only that day, they finally manage to coax Yesung to go to sleep early. It was weird how obedience Yesung had become but if they were to get the latter to go to sleep, they wouldn’t even complain about it.

“Now, brush your teeth first. Or do you want the milk?” said Sungmin as he caressing the latter who moping his head onto the coffee table after dinner.

“Milk!” said Yesung with a pout.

It was weird for Yesung to look so down tonight but Sungmin shrug it off. Treating it as the way Yesung regressing for that night. As Sungmin was making the milk for the baby, Kyuhyun came towards him with a frown.

“Hey Min ah, is it just me or Sungie look upset tonight?” said Kyuhyun.

“Really? I did feels that he was a bit off tonight. He keep pouting and moping for hours now. But I manage to ask him to go to sleep early.”

“Oh. That’s new. I’ll prepare the bath for him. He should able to sleep comfortably after this.” said Kyuhyun as he went to the bedroom.

Sungmin went to the living room and pulls the little baby on his laps. Propping the smaller head to lean onto his chest, Sungmin let the baby to drink off his milk while watching the movie.

Yesung whine softly behind the teat, earning a weird glance from Sungmin but he shrug it off again. Maybe the baby didn’t like how the actor beating each other violently, thought Sungmin.

He then heard a gurgles coming from the baby. Sungmin chuckles as he watch as Yesung keep onto the empty bottles.

“Okay, time for bath baby!” said Sungmin happily but something was off. 

Yesung didn’t want to move away from his laps. Instead, the baby keep clutching onto his shirt and staring at him with questionable face.

“Omo, did you regressed smaller than usual?” said Sungmin.

The caregiver keep studying the little one and truth to his guess, Yesung act like a true infant. He babbling incoherently after Sungmin pulls away the bottles. Hands keep fiddling onto his mommy’s shirt while once again mumbling to himself.

“Aigoo, what a curious baby. Oh mommy wish he can carry you to the bathroom…” said Sungmin with a pout. He had to wait for Kyuhyun to fetch them. He didn’t want to scream for his fiance as he didn’t want to scare the clueless baby away.

Few minutes later, Kyuhyun walks towards them with a frown.

“I’ve been waiting for you guys in the bathroom.” 

“Oh Kyunnie. Our baby become a little bit smaller now. He won’t let me go.” said Sungmin with a sheepish smile.

“Really? Sungie, come to dada.” said Kyuhyun, testing their baby to come over to him.

Yesung only turn his head towards his dada and giggles. Making the grabby hand for his dada to instead come towards him.

“He really do become a baby. Alright, let’s go to the bathroom.” said Kyuhyun as he gladly taking over the baby koala from his mommy.

Once in the bath, Kyuhyun had to keep taking stuff away from the curious baby. Yesung keep trying to take a bite of the soap and dunk his head beneath the water. He even try to open the bottle of the shampoo and almost dump out all the content inside the tub.

After the bath, Kyuhyun let Sungmin to dress up the baby in a comfy pajama and prepare for the bed.

Yesung watch curiously after his caregivers settle him in the middle of the bed and walking around the room to fetch few stuff. The two then come back to join him on the bed.

Sungmin cuddle close to Yesung close. His frown a little bit when he accidental touched the baby’s skin but then shrug it off. Kyuhyun hug the baby on his waist and pat Yesung’s head till the latter fall asleep by the soft touch.

“Goodnight baby.”

.
.
.

Sungmin woke up earlier than the other. Taking the bath right away as to let Yesung and Kyuhyun sleep more. Once he finished with the bath, Sungmin went over to Kyuhyun and waking the latter first.

“Kyu, wake Sungie for me. I’ll go make some breakfast.” said Sungmin.

It was unusual for their little one to wake up in his little self let alone when it was working day.

Kyuhyun was about to shake the smaller’s body when he begin to caress Yeusng’s cheeks. It was rather flushed in maddening pink blush. Upon closer touch, Kyuhyun realize that their baby had caught a fever.

He went out to alert Sungmin about it. Once the word fever fall on his ears, Sungmin went rushing toward the bedroom.

The smaller were cuddling into his soft toy bunny while a blanket loosely covering his tiny figure. But his breathing was quite heavy than usual. A whine escape his pouty lips when Sungmin pulls him to lay on his back thus accidentally waking him up in process.

“Sungie?” said Sungmin with unsure, he can’t make out whether Yesung had woken up with his big self or still a tiny infant from last night.

Yesung ignore the calls and whines more. Feeling his throat dry and rough from the fever.

“Min ah, don’t you think the reason why he being obedient last night was because he’s been feeling under the weather? He had been feeling sick?”

“Maybe. Should we take him to the doctor? But he’s a baby now.” said Sungmin as he begin to change the now sweaty pajama of Yesung into a  long sleeve Tee.

“I’ll call Leeteuk hyung. He might knows any doctor that could handle little.”

Sungmin went away to make the call why kyuhyun tried to calm the whining baby. 

“S-sungie want something?” said Kyuhyun in stutter. Panicking from the fact he didn’t know how to interact with Yesung who are now no older than 2 years old.

Yesung just whine more. He wanted something for his sore throat but the headache was too much for him. He really wanted to be big now but something about the past of him being alone whenever he was sick had him scared to even speak about him being needy at the moment.

Sungmin come back with a bit relief in his face.

“Their doctor were weren’t able to come at this early hour but they said he could come later in afternoon.”

“Noon? But both of us got work at that time” said Kyuhyun.

“That’s why, we’ll bring him to work. Teukie hyung said I can left him with Ryeowook for awhile till the doctor come.

“Ryeowook? Can he be big for that long?” said Kyuhyun.

“I don’t know. But Teukie hyung said it so…”

Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin stare worryingly at the confused baby and sigh. They had to trust their baby to another little.

.
.
.

“Oh don’t you worry about it!” 

Sungmin were astonished by the sudden squeaks. After they arrive at the office, Leeteuk ushered him to let the baby rest inside the crib that they had prepared for their own little. And soon, Sungmin were surprised by how well prepared Ryeowook for the situation.

“Do I? Ryeowook ah, how do you gonna take care of Sungie. Don’t you have your own time to be little today?” said Sungmin, shooting a worried look to the smaller who beaming at the sleeping baby in the crib.

“Yes! When Kangin hyung gotten himself sick, I was the one who taken care of them. I’m not gonna be little 24hours right? Just leave little Sungie to me. I already cooked some soup for him.” said Ryeowook as he prepare the meal and wait till Yesung full awake to take it.

“Oh Ryeowook. You are so reliable! I have to go to the meeting now. Call me with Sungie need me.” said Sungmin. He pats the smaller’s head before looking at his baby once last time before he went out.

It’s getting near the Seoul fashion week. Thus making Leeteuk and Heechul who work as a designer busying themselves with the meeting. Kangin had went with them as Leeteuk assistant on taking note of whatever they had. Follow up with them was the duo Hyukjae and Donghae who responsible for the photoshoot. Left behind was only Reowook, Siwon and Yesung in the floor. 

“Jaa, let Ryeowook hyung take care of you, Sungie. Aigoo. You look so cute when you are sleeping.” Ryeowook coos the snuggling baby while keep poking the chubby cheeks. ‘So irresistible!’ thought him.

Few minute after Ryeowook decided to go back to finish some of his work near the crib, Kangin came back after Leeteuk order him to watch over the them for awhile.

“Oh Wook ah. How’s Yesung?” said Kangin.

“There, sleeping. Is everything finish already?” 

“Not really. Teukie ask me to watch over---

A crying had stop the chit chat midway. Yesung woke up with the foreign feeling of being alone inside a crib. Crying was the only way to let them know that he hates to be alone.

“Aww baby. Why are you crying?” said Kangin as he coos at the crying baby.

Kangin carrying the baby out to the padded floor in the corner of the room. Letting Yesung who are still clad with his thick pajama on the floor while he went to the desk to take the prepared meal.

“Wook ah, where’s the spoon?” said Kangin.

“Oh, here. Let me feed him.”

Ryeowook immediately went over to the daze looking Yesung and sat in front of him.

“Hi Sungie! It’s Wookie. Your mommy are busy for now so Wookie will stay with you.” said Ryeowook, trying to warm up to the confused looking baby.

Seeing the baby didn’t respond to him only had him a bit upset from it.

“Sungie! It’s Wookie…”

But Yesung was too small to even understand the intention of the cute little guy trying to let him know his good intention.

“Sungie!” shouts Ryeowook. By now he had fully regress to the little Wookie. Annoyed with the lack of the respond the baby gave him.

“Wookie. You promise to take care of Sungie right? You can’t shout at him. You’ll upset him.” said Kangin, feeling worried for both little who seems to unable to communicate right.

Ryeowook was about to protest when he saw the tears stricken down from Yesung’s cheeks. He had upset the little baby by the shouts.

“Oh no. Sungie don’t cry! Wookie only want to be friend.” said Ryeowook, sloppishly trying to wipe out the tears using his small hand.

“Mommy…” said Yesung with a pout.

Kangin had step in and calm the smaller from crying too much. While at that, he had to deal with one upset boy who were feeling down from Yesung’s crying.

“Wookie, maybe you should try with your new toy? Sungie like to play right?” said Kangin, ruffling Yesung’s hair and earning a small nod from the little one.

“Really?! okay!” Ryeowook enthusiastically went towards his bag and took out few of his new toy.

“Look Sungie! Papa bought me this!”

Soon the two little warm up to each other. Despite the other were heavily sick with the fever, they keep playing till Kangin realize the sluggish movement from the sick one.

“Wookie, we should feed the baby. Sungie is not feeling good today, remember?” said Kangin.

“Oh! I forgot.”

Kangin took over the feeding since he got anxiety just from watching the way Ryeowook hold the spoon for Yesung.

Few minute later, they finish the meal and had to send the baby back to crib since the little one begin to look more and more droopy.

They wait till the doctor come and give some shot to Yesung since he was diagnosis with overwork and high fever.

Once they send the doctor out, Ryeowook quickly went back to the crib and watch over the now sleeping baby. Kangin join him by standing next to him while caressing Ryeowook’s hair softly.

“Papa.”

“Yes?”

“Can Sungie be my baby brother?”

“What? Why?”

“Because he look so lonely. I want to play with him all the time and make him laugh again.”

Kangin was taken aback by the sudden request. He had heard from Sungmin Ryeowook manage to cheer the usual gloomy looking Yesung.

“But Sungie has his own mommy and dada. We can’t take someone’s baby.”

“Really? But Wookie want to take care of Sungie…”

“Well… umm..” Kangin had nothing as an excuse. He hates to see the sad little but taking another little from other caregivers are a bit no no. “Wooke can take care of Sungie at work. We always see each other everyday right?”

“Emm… okay.”

.
.
.

“Wookie ah, thank you so much for taking care of Sungie!” Sungmin hug the latter while leaving Kyuhyun to carry the still sluggish baby out from Leeteuk’s office room.

“No problem mommy minnie! Wookie love to play with Sungie again!” said Ryeowook with a bright smile.

“Aww honey. Mommy minnie will let you guys play again once Sungie was healthy enough.”

“Okay!”

Kangin watch from the side with a chuckles. He then remember one thing he had to ask the caregiver before the went home.

“Sungmin ah. Can we talk for a sec?” said Kangin.

“Oh okay. Kyu, you guys can go down first.” said Sungmin.

Kangin then pulls the latter towards the center space, leaving Leeteuk to take care of Ryeowook for awhile.

“So. It’s about Sungie.” said Kangin.

“Sungie? What happen? Did the doctor said something bad about his health?”

“No. Everything is fine. It’s about his social skills. I heard that Sungie refuse to play with Wookie at first. And then at the birthday party, he didn’t want to join the littles playtime. It’s occur to us that Sungie had problem with getting a new friend. Leeteuk told me that you still didn’t know much about his past, is it true?”

Sungmin drop his gaze. He had been worried about the same thing. Nodding as the answer to the question weakly.

“I’m worried too. I tried to ask Kyuhyun about their past but they separated once Yesung graduated from highschool. Kyu did said Yesung got bullied in school but it wasn’t too much that could make him afraid of people.”

“Really? That’s . And I heard about the treatment he got when he become one of the best editor too. People are annoying sometimes. I think there’s more to why he was so afraid of having a playdate. You could try to ask him.”

“Maybe. I’ll try it after he was fully healthy again. I should go.”

“Oh sure. And don’t hesitate to ask me and Leeteuk anything.”

“Thanks Kangin hyung!”

 

 

 

 

A/N: we'll get into the reason why yeye being so cryptic towards everyone. And it could be a bit angsty, not too much thou. His mommy and his dada will help him~~~