Chapter 5

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 5 [/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]  MARTIN LUTHER KING [/CONTENTID3]

 

 

[CONTENTID4]

 

A wave of cold wind knocked Chaeyoung completely conscious, waking up to the sound of her own rapid heartbeats. The brightness of the sun almost blinding her as soon as she opened her eyes to thin slits, despite the sunniness of the morning the temperature was nowhere as high as it should be. 

  

 

Of course the almost painful sounds from her stomach were another reason why she’s wide awake. No food and practically starving since yesterday is one of the most agonising experience she has to go through, she has to sit there and blank out in order to let the memories of last night come vivid into her mind, the lack of fuel source also making her weaker as she tried to stand up, her legs ever so stiff as she stretched out a little. 

  

  

It didn’t take her too long to realise the disappearance of Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin, leaving only Lisa and Jennie lying peacefully on the sand, still in dreamland. As she observed the rest of the area she realised most boys have varnished, and most of the girls remaining were somehow still sound asleep – the place unusually quiet as a sense of tranquillity flooded her mind, leaving only Chaeyoung to her own thoughts and worries.  

   

  

The most Chaeyoung could do right now was to sit on the sand and reserve the last bit of energy remaining in her body, her mind travelled endlessly as she couldn’t help but get worried. However she knew the boys are probably out looking for food, a flood of warmth melted within her knowing the kind gestures they would pull. 

  

  

Minutes passed that felt like hours to Chaeyoung, her lips are dry and cracked and burned in desperation. She contemplated the idea of going to find them and perhaps help a little, but she knew deep inside she’s weak and unstable right now, it would cause them another burden rather than helping out. 

  

  

God knows how long has passed when she finally heard the sound of footsteps against sand behind her, followed by a pat on her shoulder and as she turned, she was greeted by the most gorgeous smile from Jeon Jungkook himself. 

   

  

“ Where have you been? “ Chaeyoung blurted those words out as other boys gradually emerged from the forest around them. 

 

  

" Look. “ Following his gaze she saw his cupped open palm, a dozen of berries rested on top. They were colours of bright and wine red, each looking ever so deliciously attractive as Chaeyoung felt immediately water. 

  

  

Jungkook chuckled as he watched her priceless reaction. " Also don’t worry, they’re perfectly safe to eat. Let’s go and share with everybody else. ” Chaeyoung nodded quickly as they picked up their pace and joined the other group. 

  

  

Everyone gradually woke up and gathered in a circle to split the limited food. There weren’t many to share when they’re a class of thirty-six, so each student gets roughly two berries. It‘s not a lot but at least it’s something to fill their stomachs, something to fuel them for the rest of the long day. 

  

  

After splitting his berries, Jungkook realised he still has two berries remaining. Without hesitating he turned and handed them to Chaeyoung, whose busy gulping down her own ones with hurry, her cheeks puffed with a tint of pink as she savoured every taste, the sweet aroma lingered in involuntarily. 

  

  

“ Here’s more. “ Jungkook quickly handed the extra berries over and chuckled at the way her eyes practically lit up at the sight of more food.  

 

  

“ No I shouldn’t. “ Chaeyoung glared at those berries while putting a hand over her stomach. “ You can have the rest. “  

  

  

" Just take them, I’m not that hungry anyway. “ Jungkook replied. Chaeyoung finally gave in and grabbed those berries but were interrupted by a tall boy with dirty blondish hair. 

  

  

“ What the hell ? “ The broad boy approached them in quick steps and towered over the two of them. " Why is she the one getting those remaining berries? “  

 

 

Jungkook’s fists clenched as annoyance grew within, he found those berries himself and he can give them to whoever he wanted. Now the blonde’s loud voice has quietened the chattering crowd as everyone’s eyes began gathering on them, almost like polices gathering at a crime scene. 

  

  

“ Don't you think the fact that everyone else only gets two berries and your girlfriend’s the only exception is a little unfair? “ The boy stared straight at Jungkook with his arms crossed, expecting an answer. 

  

  

“ I found those berries myself, and it’s really non of your concern what I do with them. “ Jungkook replied in a not-so-friendly way as he stared at the taller boy without a care in the world. He also quickly stepped in front of Chaeyoung to shield her away from everyone’s gazes. 

  

  

The guy bit his bottom lip in impatience and he looked like he’s ready to start a fight but some others quickly held him back, now is probably the worst time to start a civil war, they need teamwork and to co-operate with one another to work out what to do next. 

  

  

The blonde shoved the others away and towered over Jungkook, the stupid look in his eye lit the fire within Jungkook as he rolled up his sleeves, ready to face whatever this tall guy can pull out. Everyone's on the edge this morning, the low temperature and lack of food fuelling this silent dread that could provoke something totally avoidable. 

  

  

“ Not now Brad. Stop it. “ A girl behind that Brad guy snapped at him with a really annoyed look on her face. 

  

   

“ Quit it out you two. “ It’s Jennie this time, who stood beside them along with Jimin, Lisa and Taehyung, all of them shooting different looks at Jungkook who chose to ignore. 

  

  

“ You can have the berries if you want, Brad. “ Chaeyoung spoke from behind him with her pale arms stretched out. A satisfied look flew across Brad’s face as he smirked at Jungkook. 

  

  

“ I said those are for you, and that’s final. “ Jungkook spitted coldly while gentle pushing Chaeyoung’s arm back, also silently laughed as Brad’s face crumpled in annoyance. If the boy doesn’t back down Jungkook’s ready to teach him a lesson today. 

   

  

“ Give me those berries. “ The blonde spoke with threat while his eyes narrowed into thin slits. 

  

  

" Try it if you can. “ Action broke out as the guy threw a speedy punch which Jungkook blocked immediately with his forearms out, the powder almost knocking him over; he swept his arms to the side and kicked Brad almost instantly. 

  

  

As chaos broke out the unsettling crowd also began to shout, most of them trying to put a stop to this stupid fight while some girls also screamed as fists and legs flashed everywhere. 

  

  

Jungkook lowered his head quickly when another fist came at him, barely missing him while he moved his right arm out and elbowed Brad right across his abdomen - he was going to finish him off when he felt a strong pull behind him.  

  

  

“ That’s enough Jungkook. “ Jimin’s leg went across Jungkook’s and with a little bend and a tight grip on both of his arms, he’s down on the ground before he realises it, Taehyung also came and pressed him down firmly, when Jungkook looked at him he slowly shook his head. 

   

  

“ Brad, stop whatever you’re doing before we beat the hell out of you. “ Jimin warned as the giant guy reluctantly nodded and walked away with a couple of his friends, still clutching his belly - obliviously still haven’t recovered from Jungkook’s harsh elbow hit.  

  

  

“ I’m sorry guys. I’m selfish for wanting those berries myself. “ Chaeyoung apologised as she helped Jungkook to stand.  

  

  

“ This is no one’s fault. It’s okay Chae. “ Lisa hugged Chaeyoung’s waist from behind while comforting her. Jungkook also placed a hand on her shoulder. Now that the action has been interrupted Jungkook silently cursed at himself for acting on rash – this was an unnecessary fight that could be avoided by all means. 

   

  

“ Yah Jeon Jungkook, you need to learn to control your god damn temper, seriously the last thing we need is to start a civil war ” Taehyung ranted, his deep brows furrowed. 

  

  

By the end everyone can sense a silent tension in the atmosphere, making everyone uncomfortable as the students scattered amongst the sand, the mood reaching ground level. Seriously who knows when Master Patria will return, and when Master Zynor will come to their rescue. 

  

  

“ This is actually getting ridiculous. “ Jimin stood up quickly and walked over to the centre of the crowd and cleared his throat. 

  

  

“ Everybody! “ Jimin shouted loud enough for everyone to hear, he relaxed as everyone’s confused gazes settled on him. 

  

  

“ We need to drop whatever our current feelings were and just focus on our situation. We need to work together and plan what to do next. Sitting around won’t make us full, it also certainly won’t get us back to the Afredarium. “ 

  

  

He successfully grabbed everyone’s attention as all thirty-five pairs of eyes settleed on him, he spoke fearlessly and with confidence, as if doing this for his entire life. 

  

  

“ We should split into six groups of six, three groups go and find Master Patria, the other three go and find some food for lunch – whatever you can find to keep us going. We’ll meet here after three hours. “ Jimin offered his plan and waited for everyone to agree. 

  

  

“ Why the hell should we listen to you? “ It’s that Brad guy again, Jungkook rolled his eyes as he regretted not punching him harder earlier. 

  

  

“ Go ahead if you have any better suggestions than sitting here and do nothing. “ Jimin glared at the guy with fierce eyes while expecting an answer. Brad looked at Jimin and seemed like he wanted to say something, but finally backed down and admitting defeat. Everyone agreed to Jimin’s plan and was ready to work it out. 

  

  

Everyone quickly splits into six even groups. Chaeyoung, Jungkook, Taehyung, Lisa, Jennie and Jimin as a group and they’re heading towards the east side to search for Master Patria. 

  

  

The other two searching groups went different directions, even though they’re exhausted and still hungry, the only goal of finding their lost Master remained and powered them through.  

  

  

--- ( ✽ ) --- 

  

  

They paced in all directions along the dry sand, dragging their bodies along while looking out for signs of their missing Master. 

  

  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter