Chapter 9

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 9 [/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] MARTIN LUTHER KING [/CONTENTID3]

 

 

 

[CONTENTID4]

 

 

“ You think they’ll be dead because I hit them too hard ? “

 

……

 

 

“ That’ll do us fine. “

 

……

 

 

“ They’re definitely beggars or just little brats trying to steal our ing stuff. “

 

……

 

 

“ What are we going to do with them ? “

 

 

…….

 

 

“ How about chop all their toes off and force them to eat it ? “

 

 

Deafening laughters filled the place.

 

 

……

 

 

Throbbing, excruciating headache, followed by the loud thumps of his heart against his chest, then the sound of his own hurried breaths and the continuous ringing noise blocking his ears. His sore, numb limbs and his heavy eyelids. Jungkook wasn’t exaggerating because it feels like he’s going to die.

 

 

He opened his eyes gradually and allowed his blurred vision to adjust before he soundlessly observed his surroundings.

 

 

Bars. Rough, dirty iron bars came in his view, he looked up and realised they stretched long and were attached to the dull ceiling. He’s locked in, lying on the ground filled with straws of yellow hay.

 

 

It wasn’t long before Jungkook realised he’s alone. He slightly tilted his head to the side and almost screamed in agony because the back of his skull feels like it’s been stabbed ten times.

 

 

Silently touching the main source of pain, he felt something smooth and wet. It’s blood. His brain raced as a thousand thoughts filled him at once as he imagined the worst scenario, his heart picking up its pace at the realisation that Chaeyoung might be in danger.

 

 

Another roar of laughter cut Jungkook off his thoughts as he looked to his right, confusion filled him once again at the new sight as unpleasant smells filled his nostril instantly.

 

 

Four men all sitting around a dirty wooden table that seemed like it’s going to collapse any second. All of them wore crumpled, torn clothing with no shoes that showed the roughness of their feet. Their skin dirty and wrinkly and their faces covered with beard. In the middle of the table piles of cards lay messily, all hands holding a couple of cards as they lost themselves in the game, at the same time talking and spitting lazily. Numerous finished cigarettes scattered everywhere on the dark floor.

 

 

A skinny man opposite him suddenly torn his gaze away from the cards and Jungkook closed his eyes in a flash of light, pretending to be still unconscious, his chest falls and rises evenly even though his heart’s about to jump right out.

 

 

Just as Jungkook’s contemplating on what to do next a familiar groan suddenly filled the place and as if on cue, the conversations dies as all men turned to look that direction while playful smirks lit their faces almost immediately.

 

 

Jungkook bolted up instantly after realising Chaeyoung’s also locked up in the cell next to his. His bold movement caused the men to glare at him simultaneously as they all stood up while cracking their knuckles, a large chain of keys dangling around his belt as the first man stood up.

 

 

Jungkook tried to think of a way out but it’s almost impossible without the key. The main entrance were sealed with a large rusty lock and the rest of the area are just plain walls with no windows which cannot be broken through without vital tools. He cannot use magic against humans and he probably don’t have the energy even if he wants to so that leaves him no way out except waiting for rescue – which probably will never come.

 

 

He can hear Chaeyoung’s surprised yelp and the sound of soft movements against hay. He couldn’t help but sign at this hopeless situation they’ve gotten themselves into, his stupidity for letting his guards down and approach an unknown place filled with strangers.

 

 

Jungkook learned an essential life lesson through this – never trust anyone again.

 

 

“ Jungkook ?? “ Chaeyoung’s shaking voice was mixed with fear and horror that sent a painful stab to his heart.

 

 

“ I’m here Chaeyoung. “ Jungkook replied sternly while staring at those men who were watching them with evil smiles, as if they’re caged wild animals.

 

 

Jungkook’s insides were lit with furious flames as he realised all of them were quietly approaching Chaeyoung while scanning her from head to toe, the hunger in their eyes unmistakeable. One of them is literally drooling with his nasty mouth wide open, shamelessly gawking at his girl which feels like pouring boiling oil into his already jumping flames.

 

 

Jungkook didn’t realise that he’s already pressing his body tightly against the iron bars, his hands gripping the bars while thinking about ways to completely destroy all of them for staring at Chaeyoung like that. At this point, he doesn’t care about anything else even though his body is thoroughly wounded and the lack of energy because of hours without food, there’s only protecting her from these dangerous men now even though he has no idea how to do that.

 

 

He can picture Chaeyoung’s sickened face through the thick walls as an abnormal sense of protection grew, as much as he wanted to jump out and punch them in the face, he couldn’t. He’s like a caged tiger, strong and fierce but locked up and therefore couldn’t do anything.

 

 

 

“ Wow, look that body, hehehe. “ The short man with the keys stated loudly while rubbing his hands together, his lips in the grossest way possible that makes Jungkook sick inside out.

 

 

Jungkook felt his eyes popping as another man replied while approaching Chaeyoung slowly, completely ignoring Jungkook who can already feel smoke rising from the top of his head.

 

 

“ Oh yeah, she’s sure hella fine. “

 

 

Chaeyoung pressed her body against the furthest wall as much as possible while her nails dug deeply into the rough surface, her face snapped to the side as frustrating tears circled in her eyes. She’s biting her lips so hard as the nauseous feeling continues to build up inside.

 

 

The men laughed noisily upon seeing her disgusted reaction, all of them right outside the bars while the short man searched for his key.

 

 

“ Don’t you worry girl, you’ll be in my arms in no time. “

 

 

“ Let’s do her once. We’ll all shut our ing mouth so no one’ll find out. “

 

 

“ Hell yea, never seen such beauty in my life, you think I’ll leave after I what I just witnessed ? “

 

 

“ I wonder how good those damn milky skin will feel under my hand. “


 

The deafening sound of keys against lock, then the loud click followed by Chaeyoung’s gasp in fear. Annoying squeaking noise as the door swung open, footsteps as they got nearer and nearer.

 

 

No. Jungkook’s not having any of this. All their nasty words towards her, the way they look at her, as if they’re hungry bears who had been starving for the past three days. He wouldn’t, couldn’t let their dirty hands land on Chaeyoung. Not her. He’d promised her. They’re messing with the wrong person.

 

 

All men disappeared from Jungkook’s sight as they continuous walked past each other in rush towards Chaeyoung.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter