Chapter 13

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 13 [/CONTENTID1] 

 

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2] 

 

 

 

[CONTENTID3] MARTIN LUTHER KING [/CONTENTID3]

 

[CONTENTID4] 

 

The coldness of the night sends another wave of shiver down Chaeyoung’s back as she turned to her side and pulled the blanket closer. She tried to shut down her still racing mind and go to sleep but no matter how hard she tries, even if her eyes are red swollen from the lack of sleep she still couldn’t relax. Her mind is just too occupied by that particular someone who's locked up even though he's the kindest, most innocent person she knows. 

 

 

Everything just fits so well together. All the evidence points straight at Jungkook without doubt. The fact that he can conduct chaos magic is enough to make him the ‘murderer’. Not mentioning the fact that he’s absent from the party later that night with her in the garden and he's also the first person at the crime scene. It’s like someone had deliberately him.  

 

 

After a few tosses and turns, Chaeyoung eventually gave up and got off her bed with a grunt, her room is chilly but she couldn’t go back to her bed anymore. she threw on some random outfits and put the hood of her hoodie over her head. She already knew the exact place to go to ease off her worries even if she’s not allowed to leave her dorm.  

 

 

She quietly tiptoed into the common room, not surprised to find no one else there. She gently closed the dorm door and slipped outside without disturbing her friends. 

 

 

She bit her bottom lip as she whipped her head in both directions quickly, at the corner of her eye she caught a dark figure appearing so she turned to a corner in a flash, her back pressed against the hard wall as she tries to calm her rapid breathing and her racing heart, silently praying that no one would notice her. God knows what kind of trouble she’ll get into if a master catches her wandering outside her dorm at this time of the night. It might even drag Jungkook deeper under the water.  

 

 

After what seemed like hours the footsteps gently faded away. She let out a heavy breath that she didn’t realise she was holding. She paid extra attention while making her way to the deeper parts of the school, hiding between the shadowy walls constantly whenever there’re even the faintest sounds. After walking through the final part of the corridor she finally reached her destination – the cells. The place which is under watch all the time and where they lock the troubled ones.  

 

 

She needs to see him. She misses him. She doesn’t know how she’s going to convince the guards to let her in, but there’s no going back. She wants to see him and know if he’s okay. The countless rumours around the school just adds to her endless thoughts, hating the fact that such a precious person is getting all those hate from everyone.  

 

 

After a deep inhale she stepped into the place. The atmosphere suddenly got thicker and the place seemed so dark, miserable and gloomy. Several time she felt like she couldn’t even breath down here. It’s such a big contrast, between the cells and other parts of the school. As if all the darkness is poured into this place only.  

 

 

As she walked deeper into the place, she was surprised that no guards showed up. This place should be heavily guarded at all times but right now, it’s empty as ever. Her brows knotted with confusion as she peeped through each tiny windows of the iron doors alone the side, trying to find Jungkook’s cell. 

 

 

Chaeyoung almost let out a yelp as she looked ahead and discovered several bodies on the ground, still. She was too preoccupied trying to find the right cell that she didn’t even notice until she’s this close. Her hands covered as she stared with disbelief. The atmosphere around her seemed to freeze in an instant and her blood went cold, the confusion hit her so hard that she wasn’t able to move for a brief moment.  

 

 

She approached the motionless bodies with shaky legs and frozen hands, she gently held the nearest man by his shoulders and flipped him around with a grunt, revealing his dark, distressed face. From what she observed it must be one of the guards, knocked out by someone while on night duty. The man is still breathing but Chaeyoung was utterly shocked to discover some darkness remaining at the centre of his chest. The darker surrounding makes it difficult to identify but she’s not wrong. The guards have been hit with chaos magic.  

 

 

An ear-splitting bang from around the corner interrupted Chaeyoung’s mixture of thoughts as she jumped on her feet, the image of Jungkook appeared on her mind as she ran to the source of noise without thinking twice. As she got closer the place is again filled with another bang, followed by something hitting the ground. She also heard a loud grunt as she quickened her pace, her shoes tapping the floor continuously as she sprinted, her long hair whipping the side of her face as her heart jumped violently, afraid of what she was about to discover. 

 

 

“ Those idiots have done me a big favour there. “ A cold but familiar voice cut through the tense atmosphere as Chaeyoung finally turned the corner, her hand rested on the edge of the wall and felt as if all of her oxygen supplies had been cut off when she saw what’s in front of her. 

 

 

There Jackson stood with Jungkook slumped against the back wall next to him, unconscious and his wrists still cuffed with the golden spell Master Zynor pulled on him. Chaeyoung’s sudden presence made Jackson turn his head in a painfully slow motion while his hawk gaze fixed on her, a strange look that had never set on the older boy’s face before. 

 

 

“ Jackson? What happened ? “ Chaeyoung half chocked out the words as her mind raced, searching for the worst case scenario as eyed from Jackson to Jungkook repeatedly, her heart dropped at threatening the look on the Jackson’s face.  

 

 

“ Well well, look who we’ve got here. “ The corner of his lips lifted to a smirk. “ Don’t worry, me and Jungkook are going for a tough ride together. “  

 

 

Jackson turned and with a light swirl of his hand a dark purple portal appeared on the back wall, its energy force like a loud, buzzling hurricane of chaos magic. He bent and put his arm around Jungkook’s abdomen and lifted the younger boy up effortlessly. 

 

 

“ Let go of him! “ Chaeyoung managed to snap out of her shocked state after she realised what Jackson about to do and charged forward with some fire magic wrapped around her tight fist. Jackson turned in a flash, seconds before her punch landed on him and wrapped his much larger hand around her fist as dark power instantly engulfed her entire hand. Chaeyoung winced as her power died down quickly compared to Jackson’s forceful dark magic, but she didn’t think twice as her left hand slammed into Jackson’s chest without him able to defend himself as his other hand held Jungkook.  

 

 

Jackson took a few steps backwards in surprise while Chaeyoung felt a larger amount of dark magic forced into her arm as it transferred into her body, she shook violently in pain as her limbs grew soft and it became harder to focus properly. Her teeth sank deeply into her bottom lip as she tried to bring out the greater force of her magic – but it was no match against Jackson.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter