Chaper 2

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 2 [/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]  MARTIN LUTHER KING [/CONTENTID3]

 

 

 

 

[CONTENTID4]

 

 

Jungkook’s eyes silently scanned the room as the pounding inside his head continued, every part of his body aches as if his bones just fell apart earlier. He remembered himself blank out like an idiot but whatever happened after was a blur.  

  

  

He turned around out of instinct; to his utter surprise - Taehyung’s awake. His face turned back to its original healthy and tanned colour and he’s no longer a lifeless body on the ground. He’s hugging Lisa and threw Jungkook a charming smile and a meaningful wink. Jungkook has never felt so relieved in his life. He automatically returned the smile happily. 

  

  

At the same time Jungkook thought over what had just happened. From what he’d heard and observed so far this whole thing was nothing but a ridiculous prank being pulled on them ?  

  

  

Did they really think this little ‘ test ‘ of theirs was funny? What were they trying to figure out? Were their intentions simply wanting to see the true abilities of the first years? 

  

  

He snapped his head around to observe the man who’s standing at the entrance; the man has put on an emotionless and stoic face, his hands on his chin while he silently observed everyone. 

 

 

 A few seconds later, a middle - aged woman appeared behind him. She has short blonde hair with a pair of square glasses. She short and slim and wore a fond smile on her face – but she doesn’t seem that friendly to Jungkook. 

  

  

The man coughed a few times, signalling everyone to stop talking and listen to him. He finally spoke up when the room is completely silent, his voice stern and deep, as if inserting authority.  

  

  

“ Hello first years. I’m Master Zynor and this is Master Florua. “ He said while pointing to the woman on his right. 

  

  

“ Welcome to the Afrendarium. Whether you’ve heard about this school or not, you’ll be trained here for the next six years. Everyday you’re going to face a different challenge and I hope you’re all prepared for it. There’s going to be different masters training you guys, but mostly me. I’m in charge of you guys and if you have any problems feel free to come and talk to me. “ 

  

  

“ Sometimes, in rare cases – we might ask some of you to go on important missions .. “ 

  

  

Master Zynor narrowed his eyes – “ But we’ll get to that later. “ 

  

  

Throughout the room people are whispering while staring intensely at the masters. Jungkook can tell that all of them – including himself are still annoyed and confused from the dragon incident. But Jungkook kept his mouth shut. 

  

  

“ About the dragon’s attack – I’m here to tell you that you’re all fine now. The dragon is a magical creature that have the power to completely stop your heart, but it won’t kill you – not under my watch anyways. “ Master Zynor. continued while observing the rest of the room. 

  

  

“ That was just a little test we set for you guys to test your skills. It’s all about teamwork and patience. And I think I’m getting the gist of it now. “ His eyes settled at Jungkook and stopped there. His gaze made Jungkook nervous again. 

  

  

“ Now I’m going to give you guys a few moments, just to get yourself organised, I know some of you are freaked out by now so relax. I’ll be back in a second. “ Master Zynor looked away and ordered as he walked out of the room, Master Florua right at his heels. 

  

  

Jungkook’s gaze fell – while his mind processing what had just happened, somehow feeling his heart pounding underneath his shirt felt so much better now. 

  

  

“ Um … are you feeling okay now ? “ 

  

  

A sweet but hesitant voice came from his right-hand side.  

  

 

Jungkook turned around, his eyes opened wide because the beautiful girl that he’d stared at outside the school’s right beside him. She’s looking right into his eyes, her face lined with concern.  

  

  

Jungkook – again wanted to slap himself endlessly as he just remembered how she saved him. 

  

  

When he’s completely exposed and vulnerable, when he thought that he was going to die and he’s ready to face it, when he wanted to dodge but his body won’t listen; 

  

  

She saved him. 

  

  

She risked her own life saving him. Saving a complete stranger – maybe even a ert for staring at her like that outside the school.  

  

  

She pushed him to the side when the fireball’s literally an inch away from his body. And he didn’t even thank her in anyway. He literally forgot all about that a few moments ago. 

  

  

Gosh. How is he so stupid? Jungkook’s face reddened in embarrassment. 

 

 

He quickly pushed himself off the ground and the girl slowly followed, refusing to break their eye contact. Jungkook realised how she’s still beautiful with those messy hair and dirty outfit. She’s on her bare feet – probably kicked off her heels while trying to save his , leaving her feet red and swollen. 

  

  

Jungkook can’t help but feel guilty inside so he took a deep breath and started talking all at once. 

  

  

“ Thank you for… for saving me. I’m completely fine now. Sorry for worrying you. I don’t know what happened I sort of just blanked out; it was weird but yea... “ He rubbed the back of his neck as he stuttered.  

  

  

She smiled. Her cheeks a cute reddish colour.  

  

  

“ It’s okay. I was worried that I pushed you too hard or something. Thank god everyone’s okay now. “ 

   

  

“ What’s your name ? I’m Jeon Jungkook. “ He builds up the courage to ask her.  

  

  

Her face broke into an even bigger smile as she answered. 

  

  

“ I’m Park Chaeyoung. “ 

  

  

Such a pretty name. Jungkook stopped completely as he’s lost in her smile. Someone tapped his shoulder as he turned around.  

  

  

It’s Taehyung, grinning like an idiot while stretching his arms out.  

  

  

Jungkook held out his arms and pulled his friend into a tight hug – so relieved that he’s okay. Taehyung laughed as he slapped Jungkook’s back quickly. 

  

  

“ I heard about how you whined like a little baby when I ‘died ‘, someone has a little obsession with me...  “ Taehyung chuckled, earning a light slap from Jungkook. 

  

  

---( ✽ )--- 

  

  

The sound of frequent footsteps quietened the room down, everyone stared at the door as two people walked in.  

  

  

One person is Master Zynor, but the other person wasn’t Master Florua.  

  

  

It’s a boy. He looked around the same age as the rest of them. He’s medium height, he has short and straight brown hair that’s carefully styled. He’s pale and has double eyelids and his eyes a beautiful shade of green. He has slim and tall nose with thin and pale lips.  

  

  

He’s outfit was pretty simple – a perfectly white shirt tucked under his black ripped jeans with black runners, even with those simple fit on he made it look fancy and expensive. 

  

  

“ Hello again. I can tell all of you are ready to go. “ He hesitated for a short moment before he continued, “ You won’t be having any training today as it’s your first day.” 

  

  

“ This is Wang Jackson. He’s a very talented third year of our school. “ Master Zynor patted Jackson’s shoulder.  

  

  

“ He’ll be guiding you guys through some essential parts of the school and also where your dorms are. ” 

  

  

Master Zynor smiled as he looked at Jackson with a proud expression. He whispered something into Jackson’s ear before he turned and walked out, the sound of his footsteps echoing in the hallway, slowly faded as the room fell silent once again. 

  

   

The silence continued for a few seconds before everyone started talking all at once, asking Jackson questions. Seeing someone closer to their age and more experienced made them less afraid of asking questions. The poor guy smiled in a heart-warming way. 

  

  

“ Whoa whoa, hang on there everyone. “ He chuckled. “ Let me introduce myself properly first. “ With that everyone gradually stopped asking questions. 

  

  

“ You guys already know my name, I’m a third year student and I’m also on the student council, if you have any problems and doesn’t wish to tell a master feel free to come and talk to me and I’ll try my best to help. “ 

 

 

“ Now let’s get to the important bits. I’ll be guiding you guys through some important parts of our school, such as where you’ll be sleeping and eating etc. You’re absolutely not allowed to wander off on your own or leaving without telling me or the masters, going outside the school gates without permission is also a no, it’ll result in a warning and maybe worse depending on the situation.   “ 

  

  

“ You’re only allowed to go where I guide you guys. No questions about the other parts of the school and don’t even think about exploring it on your own – otherwise you’ll be severely punished. “ Jackson stopped, everyone surprised by his sudden change of tone. 

  

  

“ By the way, the dragon’s definitely not the worst first year test out there. “ Jackson continued, throwing everyone a meaningfuly smile. “ When I was a first year, I came to this hall just like you guys on the very first day, we got locked in with a green-eyed monster, probably six foot tall that started puking poison at everyone. It burns slightly as it hits you and the smell was just – I can’t even explain the horror! “ 

  

  

The whole class cracked up. Jungkook couldn’t help but smile, he noticed Chaeyoung who’s also giggling happily. That Jackson guy seemed really nice and he knows exactly what he’s doing. No wonder why Master Zynor seemed to adore him. 

  

  

“ Another year there was this giant bull-eyed snake with golden rings all along its skin, it bites you and swallow you as a whole, the current sixth years has had some experiences with the insides of the snake back in first year ! “ 

  

  

“ These are just some stupid tests being pulled by the masters. They’re always new every year. That’s literally the only thing I’m excited about every year. You get the best reactions when watching. “ Jackson claimed. His green eyes glittering with excitement.  

  

  

Jungkook’s amazed by Jackson’s charming personality.  

  

  

The whole room cracked up again. Jungkook realised how Jackson had lightened everyone’s mood so easily. 

  

  

 Jackson seemed like the type of person who’s always popular. He already noticed some girls throwing Jackson looks while trying to ask him more questions. 

  

  

Everyone’s now totally relaxed. All of them chatting excitedly, as if forgetting all about the dragon. Jackson looked at the rest of the room with a proud smile on his face. His muscled arms crossed in front of his chest. 

  

  

“ He’s a great guy, Wang Jackson. “ Taehyung said, while throwing his square smile at the rest of them. 

  

  

“ Okay guys. Time’s running out. We’ll get going. “ Jackson said while leading them out of the hall. 

  

  

Even seeing this the second time Jungkook’s still impressed with the whole structure of the hallway, how the place is so nicely constructed with red carpets everywhere, how everything fits in together and how it felt like walking down the aisle inside a castle as royalties. 

  

  

Already lots of girls, even some boys, had surrounded Jackson while they’re walking. Jungkook can hear the continuous laughter coming out of the group, echoing around the walls of the huge hallway. 

  

  

They turned right and walked through a double door, what entered everyone’s view was a huge room filled with wooden tables and chairs, there’re huge, long silver counters filled with dishes and trays stretched along the top. Machines with drink labelling lined the other side of the hall while rubbish bins filled the corners. This must be the refectory, where they’ll eat their meals. 

  

  

“ This is the refectory. This is the place where you’ll be eating three times a day, at scheduled times. You simply take a plate and fill up whatever food you want, grab a table and sit down. “ Jackson introduced while pointing around the room.  

  

  

Jungkook can imagine this place filled with all the students in the school, sitting and gossiping in their table. This is just like his old high school; nothing is too different. 

  

  

While they’re walking, Jackson told them that they wait at the Great Hall after breakfast every morning, and whoever master they have on that day will pick them up and lead them to their classroom. 

  

  

There’re many amazing places in this school. There’s the ‘ Hobby Stop ‘, which you can go and enjoy many different things, there’re inside shops and things, almost like a big shopping centre fitted into a school. Coloured shops and pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter