Chapter 19

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 19 [/CONTENTID1] 

 

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2] 

 

 

[CONTENTID3]  MARTIN LUTHER KING  [/CONTENTID3] 

 

[CONTENTID4] 

 

The hint of chill breeze that ran up his spine as him and Chaeyoung walked side by side towards the school garden may be the last thing on Jungkook’s mind right this moment. The atmosphere around the couple was just as cold and shivering as the temperature, the icy situation suffocating him as Jungkook desperately tries to make light talks but only returned by a couple of words at the most.  

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t seem to be in the mood for conversations, she has her head down with a dark and blank expression plastered across her face, he had attempted to ask her what was wrong but she only shook her head several times in response. Perhaps she’s just exhausted, perhaps all she needed was silence right now.  

 

Upon entering the school garden, the first thing that entered Jungkook’s sight was the bright silver moonlight that covered everywhere like a bunch of sparkling glitter, the chill January night brought a sense of relief and calmness to his heart. The scenery was just like back in September when they’d first spent time together here, so bright and hopeful. And look at how far they’ve came now.  

 

The cold pebbles along the small path stinging the bottom of his feet as he sensed Chaeyoung stop beside him and he also did, looking at her as worry of something bad might have happened engulfed his inner thoughts.  

 

“ Are you going to tell me what’s wrong now? “ He gently asked as he placed a hesitant but comforting hand on her slumping shoulder.  

 

Chaeyoung finally looked up to him for the first time since they’ve left the dorm – her eyes are swollen and puffy, red and purple veins filled while heavy bags rested underneath, as if she hasn’t rested properly in days, she looked so worn out to the point it’s surprising that she could even endure the coldness of this chill night.  

 

“ God, Chaeyoung? You look exhausted, did you even rest properly since you got out of the infirmary? Did - “  

 

She cut his blabbering off with her palm up.  

 

“ We should break up. “ 

 

That’s what she said, straight to the point, loud and clear, without even looking at him.  

 

It wasn’t until second later as his brain painfully slowly registered those words properly, he wondered if he’s merely hallucinating or daydreaming. He took a step back as he looked at the girl he loves who's staring anywhere else but him, his lips ever so dry as he struggled to answer. Hell this was damn unexpected. 

 

“ Wait, what do you mean? “  The last word escaped his lips as broken syllables as he impatiently waited for an answer, he’s more puzzled than hurt at this moment as he demanded an answer. 

 

She shrugged her shoulders in response, the expression on her face seemed distant and helpless: “ I meant exactly what I said. Jungkook, let’s break up. “  

 

She finally looked back at him, her voice stern and no emotions displayed on her face whatsoever – so this isn’t some prank she decided to pull on him, so she meant everything word she just said. She wanted them to break up.  

 

Jungkook’s heart slowly sank to the bottom as he struggled to find the correct words to say at this exact moment. “ But why? “ He croaked, “ There has to be some reasons behind this, did I do something wrong? We were fine just a couple of hours ago - “  

 

She scoffed at his words, “ There isn’t any reason behind this Jungkook, come on, did you really take our relationship seriously? “ She forced a playful smirk onto her face. “ It’s so naïve of you to think we were actually real. There isn’t anything serious regarding  our situation, I got bored and I want a way out of this. Simple as. “  

 

If it wasn’t because Chaeyoung’s standing in person right in front of him he would’ve never thought those words would be spoken by her. It’s like a complete stranger that he’d never known before, what happened to the sweet and caring girl he’d just talked to a couple of hours ago?  

 

He tries to ignore those hurtful words as he squeezed out a reassuring smile, “ Chaeyoung I know you don’t mean anything you just said, we can sort this out, I know there must be something wrong, please let’s talk about this... “  

 

“ Jungkook! “ She finally raised her voice while she stared at him straight into his soul, luminescent grey eyes meeting one another but darkness seemed to have overcome hers: “ We both have the Daedra Spirit within us, the most dangerous and dark substance known to the magic history, we are monsters Jungkook! “ 

 

His hands curled into fists as he closed his eyes shakily.  

 

“ We were never meant to be together; I’ve never felt anything other than maybe slightly interested in you, everything we’ve done so far wasn’t sincere nor significant by all means. I hate that you’re growing so attached so you should just forget about us. “ She spit without even stuttering, arms across with eye narrowed into thin slits. 

 

That was the last hit it takes to break the straw. Jungkook’s head felt heavy and unfocused, the bomb within him threatening to break ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter