Chapter 10

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 10 [/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] MARTIN LUTHER KING [/CONTENTID3]

 

 

 

[CONTENTID4]

 

 

 As the day drifts into night, the sun began to lose its brightness and the outline of the sharp ends began to soften gently. The beautiful melodies of the evening birds started, as if saying goodbye to this day.

 

 

The night sky is the most stunning piece of art, alive with raw, buzzling energy that brings pleasure to your eyes. The endless streams of stars compete against each other, while shining till their brightest, continuously twirling and twisting in their own world.

 

 

While taking in the scenery Jungkook smiled, the corner of his pale lips turned into a small crescent moon.

 

 

Jimin and Jennie, with the help of Master Zynor brought the unconscious Jungkook and Chaeyoung back to the Afrendarium safely. In fact, Jungkook and Chaeyoung had broken the school rule by exiting the protection field without permission but they weren’t harshly punished because Master Zynor had explained the whole situation to the school’s lead master - Master Johns. The man reconsidered and, in the end,  they must help in the kitchen for a month, which wasn't too bad because they’ve got each other’s company.

 

 

People from the Magic Academy weren’t too pleased because they didn’t get what they’re looking for, so they reorganised another meeting in January, which seemed very unfair to Jungkook as their last meeting didn’t go too well. He doesn’t know how to avoid it so he chooses to forget it for now.

 

 

Things seemed to have settled down after that. Master Patria is now teaching the sixth years because they’re more independent than the inexperienced first years. For the next three months training with Master Zynor went surprisingly well, he’s gradually getting better and better at controlling magic. He can feel himself slowly growing out of his own shell, the old vulnerable, defenceless Jungkook beginning to fade away.

 

 

With Master Zynor they learnt about controlling wind, water and fire easily, transferring one form of magic onto another object, and use their magic as weapons to protect themselves if necessary. Jungkook’s beginning to master some of them easily, much to his astonishment,  without releasing chaos magic along the way. Master Zynor has held some private classes with him, teaching him how to control his chaos magic correctly.

 

 

For a special experience Master Zynor led them back to the exact beach they were trapped in a few months ago. There he taught them how to gather wood and lit long lasting fire, look for food and using magic to detect whether it’s poisonous or not. They learnt how to send signals to Master Zynor when they’re in danger.

 

 

There’s too much to learn, too much to discover about magic. After spending all his time in this school Jungkook soon got used to this place, his homesickness and nightmares disappearing along the way. He grew much more confident and learnt to get along with others effortlessly without feeling awkward because their year’s always split into different groups when training.

 

 

All his friends, Chaeyoung, Jimin, Jennie, Lisa and Taehyung are also doing very well. Especially Jimin whose just talented with everything. Chaeyoung has successfully overcome her fears and improved so much in the past few months.

 

 

Of course, this all comes to Master Zynor’s hard work. This experienced teacher knows the exact way to treat them, right on the point without too much fuss, that’s one thing Jungkook liked about his teacher. Though seemed strict and intimidating Master Zynor is the exact opposite on the inside. He has kept so soft spot for all his students, and Jungkook knows by heart that the man loved and cared for every single one of them dearly.

 

 

It is the month of December, and the whole school’s in their busiest mode as everyone’s preparing for the Christmas Party held by the school on Christmas Eve, at 8 o’clock, celebrating the achievements and good work made by all students throughout the first half of the year, and for this special occasion. It is the night where all students can enjoy and dance as much as they want.

 

 

All teachers had been up early to set up the party, aiming to make the school feel like a home to the students as they’re spending their Christmas away from home this time, also creating a sense of welcome and warmth. The party will be held at the meeting hall, where it’s huge size and structure enough to fit the entire school. The teachers are busy, putting all their concentration in releasing magic for tables, lights, music and food set ups. They’re finally done after a few hours of none-stop working.

 

 

The entire school has been in a complete mess since last night. Girls fussing over their gowns, hair and makeup, trying to look their best and impress everyone, while guys care more about buying luxury presents for the girls. In just one night the mood and atmosphere in this place has changed dramatically, the air’s filled with excitement and joy, everyone eagerly waiting for this annual celebration.

 

 

Dorm 12 is obviously not an exception. Jennie and Lisa have been shopping none stop after lessons every day since last week, spending hours planning presents for everyone and buying beautiful, eye-catching dresses, of course they didn’t forget to drag Chaeyoung along the way. It’s not exaggerating they’ve spent longer at the Hobby Stop than in their dorms.

 

 

Jennie even took out her professional, expensive makeup set for the girls to make sure they’ll look glamorous tonight. Obliviously the topic of killing the boys with their looks never stopped.

 

 

Compared to her two enthusiastic friends, Chaeyoung seemed much calmer. She has bought all the presents and her dress in two days, with Jennie’s help. So, for the rest of the week she went for food instead of shopping. Even if she doesn’t show it she’s actually very excited for tonight, excited to have some fun after months of training. She has obviously been to many fancy parties due to her family background but she’d never been so passionate, she has been thinking about tonight for the past two days. Well, it’s also her first Christmas without her parents but her friends are making sure she’ll be busy all night, dancing and having fun.

 

 

It is now three hours away from the event, and their dorm looked as if it had just been bombed. Chaeyoung’s sitting on the sofa in their common room, eyes closed while Jennie dabs the makeup sponge on her face here and there. Lisa’s currently putting on her fancy dress in her room.

 

 

“ Wow. Girl you’re really trying to kill someone tonight, you look flawless. “ Jennie exclaimed while examining her face carefully, as if she’d just done a masterpiece, at the same time finishing her last touch on Chaeyoung’s eyelids.

 

 

“ So, have you set your eyes on anyone Chae ? “ Lisa shouted from her room.

 

 

Chaeyoung’s face burned slightly, making the blush on her cheeks standing out more. She hasn’t put too much thought about dancing and stuff tonight, but clearly the only person on mind is him.

 

 

“ Isn’t it obvious enough Lisa ? Our Chaeyoung has once kept her heart for that one specific person. “ Jennie put her hand on Chaeyoung’s bare shoulder, while brushing some of her curls away from her face.

 

 

“ Now examine yourself and give me honest opinions. “ Jennie said while helping her up. Chaeyoung walked to the full-size mirror in Jennie’s room. When she stood in front of the gigantic mirror, she froze, eyeing the unfamiliar person opposite her.

 

 

The smooth sheets of the light blueish silk dress slipped around her shoulders, with a pearl necklace showing off her perfect neck lines and her pale arms. It folded neatly around her tiny waist, then expands loosely onto the ground. This beautiful dress is decorated with dozens of gorgeous, light golden roses, spreading throughout the lower rounds of the garment. Her golden heels also highlights her dress. Her strawberry blonde hair is carefully curled and it hung gracefully below her chin. Her makeup is more natural and her light pinkish lips fully contrasts to her pale skin. Jennie’s not kidding when she said she’s quite a professional at makeups.

 

 

“ So, what do you think ? “ The shorter girl asked. But Chaeyoung felt as if she’d forgotten how to talk and just froze right on spot, mind empty while observing her strange self in the mirror.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter