Chapter 20

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 20 [/CONTENTID1] 

 

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2] 

 

 

[CONTENTID3]  MARTIN LUTHER KING  [/CONTENTID3] 

 

[CONTENTID4] 

 

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains talks and descriptions of anxiety and manipulation. Please don’t read if you’re uncomfortable with these. 

 

It has been one whole week since their break up, and Chaeyoung can feel the invisible pressure crushing her both internally and externally. Not only she has to battle with her friend's continuous worried looks during day time, the fact that whenever her and Jungkook get a little closer the atmosphere around them tenses and freezes, making it awkward and hard on everybody else around them, but she also has to fight the sleeplessness during night time. Even though her mind screams at her to get some proper rest her body refuses to cooperate, not allowing her even one moment to drift off and forget all the difficult situation around her.  

 

 

She felt lost in the midst of everything, not a moment of the day she was provided with the relieve of the situations resolving around her, not a moment of the day she felt truly happy. Whenever her eyes lands on the boy she felt like she will just break down and tear up easily, the tears would sometimes come during those lonely nights as she came to the painful realisation that they’ll never be back to where they were before. Her marriage is unavoidable, and it’s also slowly tearing her life apart.  

 

 

God knows how much she misses those comforting and strong arms that she could melt herself in, the refreshing and familiar scent and the addicting smile, and it pains her that they’ll never be hers again, that it’ll eventually belong to somebody else. 

 

 

Tonight she was granted her wish however, after a whole day of constant training she was exhausted to the brim, as soon as her head made contact with the soft pillow she finally drifts off to dreamland, she knew at this moment that even an earthquake wouldn’t have the power to separate her from her bed. 

 

 

“ Hello Chaeyoung. “ It was a strange voice that pulled her mind from deep sleep to almost awake. She tightened her grip and squeezed her eyes even tighter, not wanting to wake up after a week of not resting properly. 

 

 

“ I can tell you’ve been troubled since last week. “ This time the voice was louder and rang against the back of her skull. Her eyes snapped right open as she sat up straight, her breath hitched against her chest as she brought her hands to her ears. Was I hallucinating? She questioned herself.  

 

 

“ No you’re not. “ The strange but familiar voice answered her inner thoughts. She felt goosebumps all over her arms as fear crawled from the her back to her head. She tightened her hands while covering her ears, but it was a failed attempt to block out the noise.  

 

 

“ Don’t be afraid. I am a part of you. “  

 

 

“ Stop talking! “ Chaeyoung’s hands grew cold as she tried to stop the shaking. Wait a minute. Chaeyoung’s eyes grew even larger at the thought that flew across her mind. This voice sounds so familiar, it’s a voice she despises but it’s carved deep into her mind.  

 

 

This voice... It belongs to Dominic. Before she could even deny this ridiculous thought the voice came back once again, confirming her worst nightmare. 

 

 

“ You’re not wrong. I am Dominic. “ Followed by a deep and delighted chuckle, forming a cloud of fear and doom on top of Chaeyoung. No way that’s true. Why would the infamous leader of Chaos Gang remain within her body?  

 

 

“ Because you have something that belongs to me. And only me. “ Chaeyoung knew straight away what this voice was saying – he's here for her chaos magic, the one and only Daedra Spirit that carried all his desires to rule this world.  

 

 

She stayed quiet for a moment as she slowly processed the information, forcing herself to remain calm and collected, her heart hammered against her chest as she curled her hands into fists. “ Accept it Dominic. “ Chaeyoung raised her voice with rage but she can easily sense how much its shaking, “ No way in hell any of us would hand you back the Daedra Spirit, no matter how much you want it you’re not getting it back. “ She let out a shaky exhale after the sentence, as if it has taken away all her power.  

 

 

“ Oh I don’t want it back. “ His voice still the disgusting low and raspy sound she remembered. “ I will borrow it. Soon enough Chaeyoung. “ The bad feeling bloomed all over her as Chaeyoung tried to ask what he meant, however the voice disappeared before she had the chance to. She waited for it to come again but it didn’t.  

 

 

If someone had walked in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter