Chapter 7

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 7 [/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] MARTIN LUTHER KING [/CONTENTID3]

 

 

[CONTENTID4]

 

 

Jungkook’s eyes moved slightly under the tightly shut eyelids. His face crumbled up as he squinted at the bright sun that’s covering his face entirely. It took him a while to get used to the brightness and he realised he’s been sleeping in the same position as last night when he collapsed on the bed.

 

 

Jungkook’s body became stiff and he found every movement extra tiring. He sat up on his bed, stretched lazily, checked the time and realised it’s already afternoon.

 

 

He runs his hands over his messy blonde hair, shaking off the dusts. Dark brows furrowed at his unpleasant, strong body odour. He stood up and went straight over to the bathroom and took a hot shower, scrubbed every dirt mark on his body as hard as possible, used extra shampoo for his quite short hair. He finally refreshed up a bit after staying in the running water for a long time. He wrapped a towel around his waist and stepped out of the bathroom, his hair still dripping wet.

 

 

Jungkook walked to the common room, a smile made its way to his face when he sees his dormmates. Jimin whose lying on the couch and Taehyung dancing weirdly.

 

 

“ Wow Jungkook, feeling extra y today huh ? “ Taehyung exclaimed loudly.

 

 

“ Stop Tae, Jungkook just wants to visit Chaeyoung like this. “ Jimin joined Taehyung’s teasing side as they both cracked up.

 

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened at the mention of the girl. He needs to check up on her. He snapped around and sprinted to his room, the towel around his waist accidentally falls due to his dramatic movements, earning some even louder laughter from his friends. He didn’t feel embarrassed as he grabbed the towel and threw it onto his bed, picked out some random outFit ( all black of course ), jumped into his runners and jogged outside, ignoring his friends when they asked him where he’s going.

 

 

Jungkook walked past the front hall and noticed many people wandering around there. Many are first years who were injured yesterday. He also noticed Master Patria whose busying herself as she hurries here and there to help, as if the whole kidnapping thing never happened. He knew it isn’t the woman’s fault for leaving them there but after those risky days he felt like he just couldn’t attend her lessons anymore. Two days of starvation and complete exhaustion left marks on his mind. Jungkook chewed the inside of his cheeks and turned his attention somewhere else instead.

 

 

He continued walking while observing the school, haven’t seen this place only in two days and it already felt like forever. He picked up his pace towards the direction he’s already familiar with, though he’s still aware of the fact that it’ll be easy to lose track in this massive building.

 

 

He walked through the opened double door that leads to the infirmary. The place is still packed, tons of people still waiting to be treated. So many injured badly so it takes hours to complete the treatment. Many others were walking around, some screaming in pain. Beds lined up in the corridors with people on them. Jungkook find himself lost in the sea of people, barely moving due to the big crowd.

 

 

He squeezed past many people while whispering his apologies, walking over to the room which the person he’s being worried about is resting at. He catches Master Artemis at the corner of his eye, even with a glimpse he can tell that she’s ready to collapse. She’d stayed up all night to take care of everyone, she looked absolutely exhausted, dark circles under her half-closed eyes but she’s still working hard, constantly running around to check up on everybody. All sixth years came to help the first years ever since yesterday and Jungkook’s thankful for their kindness, even after hours of tiring work they show no signs of dissatisfaction or irritation.

 

 

He bit his bottom lip as he reached the white door. His sweaty hand reached the door knob and shivered at the coldness, his heart began to beat in a much faster pace. He didn’t think he’d have the courage to face Chaeyoung after what happened yesterday. He’s been blaming himself for everything and he would never forgive himself for his stupidity. She wouldn’t end up here if he hadn’t left her in the first place, she wouldn’t be wandering along the line of death if it wasn’t him.

 

 

Why is he here then ? To beg for her forgiveness ? Pathetic. It would be understandable if she choose to never forgive him.

 

 

Without further hesitation, Jungkook turned the door knob slowly, the squeaky noise of the door seemed extra loud to him even though its barely a sound compared to the noise of the infirmary.

 

 

Jungkook opened the door just wide enough for him to enter, as he looked up he held his breath at the scenery before his eyes, his eyes glued to the figure a few distances away from him.

 

 

Chaeyoung’s already awake, she’s wearing plain white striped pyjamas that looked way too big on her. She has her back to him, looking out of the open window of the room. She seemed undisturbed, her long hair flowing due to the wind.

 

It wasn’t after a few seconds that Chaeyoung finally noticed his presence. He’d wanted to call her, but she seemed peaceful and he didn’t want to disturb-- , or he just couldn’t face her.

 

 

Chaeyoung turned around, her whole face lit up when she recognised him. She seemed way paler but otherwise, she looks completely fine.

 

 

“ Jungkook ! “ Chaeyoung called. Jungkook moved his stiff legs as he walked further into to room and closed the door behind him.

 

 

“ How are you feeling ? “ He tried to act casual but the hint of guilty still echoing along in his words.

 

 

“ I’m completely fine now. I have to say Master Artemis really works magic, she’s the best healer I’ve ever seen. “ Chaeyoung answered, shortening the gaps between them a little more as she hopped towards him.

 

 

She’s quite jumpy, with a hint of pinkness on both side of her cheeks, adding some colour to her pale face.

 

 

Jungkook signed. “ Chaeyoung. You don’t have to answer me or return me with anything, you can actually kick me out if you want to, because I was such a coward yesterday. “

 

 

Her face turned all serious because of his firm tone. “ What do you mean ?? “ She asked, clearly confused.

 

 

“ I shouldn’t have left you there on the beach all by yourself when you’re unconscious, and when I realised the men were approaching I turned into a stupid statue and stayed on spot. I didn’t snap out of my mind until the last second before you were attacked. “ Jungkook wasn’t able to stop himself as he ranted, the wave of regret hit him again and again. He looked down as he continued.

 

 

“ I should’ve known better. I should have owned up so you won’t get hurt, but I don’t even know what happened to me I just … couldn’t move at all, as if the ground has swallowed me. “

 

 

“ I’m sorry Chaeyoung. I know this simple apology is no match to you nearly losing your life. But I have to say I regretted every single second after you were attacked. “ He closed his eyes as the horrible memory flooded his mind, haunting as if it’s a nightmare.

 

 

He heard her sign before she answered him. “ You don’t have to apologise at all Jungkook. Don’t say sorry again. None of this is your fault and I would be the most horrible person alive if I were to blame you. You took care of me when I’m sick, and it’s you that saved me the last second. I wouldn’t be standing here if it wasn’t you, Jeon Jungkook. Thank you for what you did. And god knows what these men are going to do if they find out that you’re the chaos magician. “ She answered with such sincerity that Jungkook had wanted to believe her. She’s staring right into his eyes when talking, her tone dead serious as she spilled with her whole heart.

 

 

“ Do you forgive me ? Chaeyoung ? “ Jungkook’s finally able to meet her stare.

 

 

“ There’s no forgiving or anything else, you shouldn’t apologise in the first place. “ Chaeyoung smiled, a proper, genuine smile that sends sunshine into his dark mind.

 

 

She’s so understanding and nice to him, she’s the most tolerant towards his cowardness and stupidity. He’d seen some stares as he’s walking past the main hall, stares from some of his classmates with great hate. They’re probably the ones that had witnessed his chaos magic release, and they’re definitely disgusted by him not owning up when the men asked, causing so many people’s injury. He blames himself as well. They have the right to hate him.

 

 

But Chaeyoung doesn’t care about that, she doesn’t even blame him for what he did, instead she welcomed him as if he did nothing wrong. There’s always new feelings whenever he’s around Park Chaeyoung. He’s discovering more and more about her. But one thing for sure, she’s like an angel that lights up his world.

 

 

So Jungkook didn’t hesitate as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her into his arms. Her arms immediately wrapped around him, drawing soothing circles on his back that somehow calmed his nerves down. She’s so small, he can almost touch both side of her shoulders with his opposite hands. He buried his head deep down her neck, taking in her sweet scent. His emotions were mixed up in the past few days and he’s having a hard time. He somehow feels comforting in her embrace, she calms his nerves down but a new wave a emotions washed over him.

 

 

He doesn’t deserve this treatment.

 

 

“ Chaeyoung ? “ He carefully called her name.

 

 

“ Hmm. “ Her voice muffled as she leaned into his shoulder.

 

 

“ Last night when Master Artemis was treating you, I was so devastated. “ Jungkook whispered, closing his eyes at the unwelcomed, terrible memory.

 

 

Chaeyoung higher her chin so it would rest on top of his shoulder. “ Why ?? “ She whispered beside his ear, sending chills throughout his body.

 

 

“ Master Zynor said it’s a miracle … that you survi – “ Jungkook couldn’t finish the sentence as his voice got croaky because of the emotions. His lips are shaking and tears welled up, he doesn’t know why he’s telling her this at all. He feared that she might think he’s a cry-baby.

 

 

He felt her hold gotten tighter around his waist as he continued. “ I thought I’d gone crazy, because I was so afraid that I would lose you. Every second I’m suffering, I couldn’t bear looking at the closed door to the room you’re in, meaning you’re still unconscious and Master Artemis’s still healing you. I couldn’t control my temper – mainly against myself. I was raging and I hated myself so much. “ Jungkook’s eyes shut tighter at the image that’s repeating itself over and over again in his head.

 

 

Jungkook heard her light sniffle, his voice broke a little as he continued.

 

 

“ When they announced that you’re okay, I felt like my heart wasn’t beating anymore. So I whimpered like a baby. I’m so glad that you’re okay, Chaeyoung. I’m sorry for what I did and I promise nothing like this will happen again. Protecting you will be my number one priority now, because the risky chance we took and the experience was so terrifying, and I wouldn’t be such a coward anymore. I promise.“

 

 

He doesn’t feel empty at those words. He felt confident. Confident that he’ll never let anything like this happen to her again, the most precious human being in the world.

 

 

Jungkook doesn’t open to others easily. He never tells others how he’s feeling, never in such detail. Not even with his adopted parents. But when it comes to her, he just couldn’t hide anything from her, he was deeply stressed by his actions that he must tell her the place she holds in his heart.

 

 

“ I’m sorry you have to see me like this. “ Jungkook felt the need to apologise because he’s acting like a child crying for lollipops in a supermarket.

 

 

Chaeyoung pulled back a little, enough for Jungkook to see her whole face. His arms are still clamped tightly around her tiny waist. Jungkook realised there’s some tear streaks on both side of her face, her lips full and red from biting too hard.

 

 

She cupped his face with her long, soft fingers. She’s giggling, but also crying at the same time. “ Jungkook, I trust you. And I don’t blame you for any of this. I admit thinking back to what had happened is scary, plus I just out and my memory didn’t come back until I’m conscious again, I vividly remember the bald man holding my neck, and that was it. But look, I’m okay now ! Sorry that you have to worry over me. “ She smiled brightly, while gently wiping the tears that had formed at the corner of his eyes with her thumb.

 

 

They stayed silent after that, his face turned more serious. His hands around her waist, her arms falls around his neck. Both realised the tiny amount of space between their faces, though their bodies are pressed tightly together. The air’s getting warmer as they stared into each other’s eyes, the same unreadable deep grey eyes. Hearts pounding, insides fluttering.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter