Chapter 16

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 16 [/CONTENTID1] 

 

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2] 

 

 

[CONTENTID3]  MARTIN LUTHER KING  [/CONTENTID3] 

 

[CONTENTID4] 

 

 

Her vision stayed blurry for some moments before everything came in view, clear. Her heart pounding like little drums inside her ribcage, her entire body shaking slightly. 

 

 

Master Zynor’s teleportation magic successfully brought everyone back to the main hallway of the school. Everywhere is unusual quietness as the school is still in lockdown due to Jessica’s death. 

 

 

The familiar surroundings and scent of the school is a huge sudden contrast to where they’ve been earlier, but it finally made Chaeyoung’s heart slowly going back to its normal pace as she breathed out a relieved sign. 

 

 

She knelt gently to help Jungkook who's still crouching painfully on the ground. She tightened her arm around Jungkook’s waist as she stayed upright with his one arm around her neck, he has been very weak ever since Dominic tried to take out the Daedra Spirit from him, his face ever so pale as sweat and blood spread throughout his entire body.  

 

 

Chaeyoung silently scanned all her friends at the corner of her eye, Lisa who's awake but looking really weak and injured with Taehyung supporting her, Jennie and Jimin standing side by side but neither of them were seriously hurt or injured, and that made Chaeyoung relax completely knowing they are all fine and safe. 

 

 

There were moments of awkward, unknown silence as everyone stood there, motionless while Master Johns looked at them one to one, his face unreadable as his sight landed on Chaeyoung and Jungkook.  

 

 

“ Master Artemis, will you please bring the students back to the infirmary and heal them up right now. I will have to speak with them right after you’re done. “ Master Johns said while nodding at the students.  

 

 

The next second all masters except for Master Artemis left the hall, leaving the students there with all the emotions mixed and confused on their minds. 

 

 

---( ✽ )---   

 

 

It wasn’t until Chaeyoung could finally relax her sore and tired body on a soft, comfy bed that she began to think back to what had happened earlier. Her mind is like a cloud of doom that rested over her ever since she released her magic.  

 

 

Master Artemis has healed her wounds easily because she wasn’t seriously injured, and she had told her to lie down and rest for some time, she told her not to worry about her friends as they are currently being healed. A nurse had even brought some food over to her, but Chaeyoung isn’t in the mood to enjoy it right now even though her stomach is empty and hollow as ever. 

 

 

Chaeyoung pulled the thin sheets that spread throughout this bed close to her chin while she zoned out.  

 

 

She thought back to the day when all of them were trapped on the beach and how Jungkook released his magic for the first time because she was in danger, and now the same scenario happened again like history repeating itself, but only she was the one who released her magic when Jungkook was in a life death situation. 

 

 

They both have this powerful, dangerous magic inside them, it’s savage, wild, it’s crazy, a magic that the one and only Chaos Leader has, the weapon that he has to threaten everybody, the destructive magic that Jungkook’s parents risked their lives to protect and save, not allowing them on the hands of Dominic again. 

 

 

Why does she have the other half of the Daedra Spirit? Why did Dominic let them go so easily? How did she get this evil magic inside of her? The same questions go for Jungkook.  

 

 

These unknown questions are like annoying flies during summer time, buzzing around her and troubling her more and more with every second that passes. The more she thinks about them, the more curious she gets as she wondered how she and Jungkook survived with this evil magic within them for possibly all these years. 

 

 

She cannot stay still for another second or else she’s sure she’d lose her mind. Chaeyoung turned and got off the bed in an instant, eager to go and check if her friends, especially Lisa and Jungkook, are okay.  

 

 

She walked briskly through every room, searching for any traces of her friends, it isn’t an easy task inside this giant infirmary, but she’s sure that Master Artemis wouldn’t have put them too far away from each other. 

 

 

As she continued down the endless corridors filled with rooms and nurses doing their job, she saw a boy with ruffled hair and an oversized hoodie exiting a room and closing the door behind him. Then he looked left and right and his sight met with Chaeyoung’s eager gaze. 

 

 

Yes, Jeon Jungkook himself, safe and sound, standing right in front of her. He turned to face her fully, whispered her name and that is enough for them to sprint to each other with their arms open, next second the folded together into a perfect embrace that could very much melt her right away. 

 

 

“ I was so worried about you. “ Chaeyoung said into his shoulder as his familiar scent stayed around her, her voice muffled through his hoodie.  

 

 

“ I am sorry to drag you into this Chaeyoung. “ He answered, his tone lower than usual. “ I hated seeing you getting hurt. I hated seeing all our friends and masters hurt. “  

 

 

Chaeyoung didn’t reply but she gently comforted him by slowly caressing his back, wanting to tell him that none of this is his fault, none of this matter anymore because him, Jennie, Lisa, Jimin and Taehyung are all back in the school, all safe and out of harm, and that’s all Chaeyoung could ever ask for.  

 

 

They broke their embrace and Chaeyoung missed his warmth as soon as they separated. Their hands joined automatically and went off to find the others.  

 

 

It was relieving as they found their friends pretty quickly while they finally joined together in a big group hug that made all Chaeyoung’s worries go away in an instant. This is the true magic that can heal everything. Friends for life, they’ve gone through thick and thin and have made their way back from hell. 

 

 

“ I’m so glad you guys are all fine! “ Lisa’s voice came out all broken and ruffled as she sobbed lightly. Chaeyoung smiled happily as she pulled everyone closer, wanting time to pause at this every moment as she treasured every second that passed. 

 

 

“ I apologise but I have to interrupt your moment here. “ It was Master Zynor as he looked at his students from the door, he has a serious face on but Chaeyoung could’ve sworn she saw the traces of a faded smile on his face.  

 

 

The group separated and Chaeyoung expected Master Zynor to give out or blame them for not listening to what he said, but as he approached them, he looked directly at her and said: “ Looks like you’ve got visitors today Chaeyoung. “  

 

 

What? Following everyone’s puzzled looks a man and a woman entered the hallway through the door, the man tall and broad with a thin pair of silver glasses on his face, the woman also tall and fair with dark waves of hair at either side of her face.  

 

 

Yes, her parents. The people that she misses so much every day is right in front of her eyes. A wave of fresh emotions went up as she sprinted to them and held both of them as tight as she can. The smell of home and family she longed for is so familiar and true, this is the kind of moment she wanted to grab on forever.  

 

 

“ I missed you guys so much. “ she sobbed into her mum’s hair while uncontrollable tears fall down her cheeks again as she squeezed her eyes tight, refusing to let them go. 

 

 

Her dad her hair lovingly while smiling and her mum chuckled: “ Honey we’ve missed you too. Now wipe your tears we’re in front of others right now. “  

 

 

She detached herself from her parents and wiped her face quickly, not removing her sight from them. She caught someone staring at her at the corner of her eye and she froze on spot when her eyes landed on the person.  

 

 

Tall, fair with strands of golden-brown hair hanging in front of his face. His eyes bright and shiny, glittering with recognition. Staring straight at her. Even with the simple outfit he’s wearing he made it look like some expensive, designer outfit worn by top class models.  

 

 

Jeong Jaehyun.  

 

 

They’ve known each other for as long as she can remember. Although they’ve only talked politely during parties and meetings thrown by each other's parents, saying nothing except exchanging a few sentences briefly. It was strange because her parents always urged her to start conversations with him, or tell them that they should become friends. It was alright when she was small, but as she got older it wasn’t as easy since both of them are the shyer type.  

 

 

Why is he here though? 

 

 

“ Long time no see Chaeyoung. “ His deep voice unfroze her while she nodded and smiled in a hurry, the uncomfortable, awkward atmosphere surrounded them once again as it seems like everyone’s gazes are focused on them.  

 

 

“ Oh yeah guys I forgot to say. “ Chaeyoung almost blurted out a thanks after Master Zynor broke the dead silence. “ Let me introduce you guys to Jeong Jaehyun, a new student to the first-year group. Welcome to the Afrendarium Jaehyun. “ A wave of claps filled throughout the hall, while Jaehyun smiled politely to everyone else.  

 

 

“ Thank you for having us here Master Zynor, “ Chaeyoung’s father spoke up after the sound of claps slowly faded as he bowed politely to the master. “ Apart from visiting my daughter,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter