Prologue

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] Prologue [/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]  MARTIN LUTHER KING  [/CONTENTID3]

 

 

[CONTENTID4]

Jeon science lab - 2005 - ( belongs to the former masters of the Afrendarium - Jeon Alice & Jeon Marco ) 

 

 

5 years old Jeon Jungkook, son of Jeon Alice and Jeon Marco, stood quietly behind the big metal door that leads to his parent's lab. The coldness of night time send tiny goosebumps all over his fair skin.  

 

 

Holding his teddy bear in his hands tightly, the child doesn't know how to ask his parents for a kiss goodnight. In fact, he doesn’t even know how to approach them. Instead, he stood in the shadow of the giant door, observing them quietly. He brushed some of his strawberry blonde curls behind his face to get a clearer view. 

 

 

They're always so busy. Always in the lab.  

 

 

Never really have any time for him.  

 

 

He wonders why. 

 

 

" We have to protect the Daedra Spirit, we can't give it to the Chaos Gang! " shouted his mother, which startled Jungkook, he took a step back, wondering whether he should interrupt or not. His huge dark eyes shining in the darkness, reflecting the conflict and fear behind them.  

 

 

" I know, I know, Alice. We're given the mission to protect it, there's no way I'd let it land in the hands of our enemy." Marco said, trying to calm Alice down, soothing her with his hands on her back.  

 

 

" If the Chaos Gang gets the Daedra Spirits, not just us but the entire magic world will be doomed. " Alice raised her voice a little, sounding exhausted - but alarmed at the same time, dark circles under her eyes, her cheeks sink in at two sides of her face, her hair messy and tangled. 

 

 

" Alice ... "  

 

 

The sound of the alarm cut Marco off. He jumped back, while taking the bottle which contains the Daedra Spirit, magic particles of great fear and wonders swirls and dances within the thick glass bottle. His dark brows knitted tightly together in confusion; his face wore a tight and startled expression. 

 

 

  " It couldn't be ... " 

 

 

" The enemy... " Alice's eyes widened, dropped open as if the most unbelievable thing happened.  

 

 

" But how did they find us ? How are they able to do that ? Our lab is hidden deeply behind barriers of the forest and... " Alice whispered, almost too quiet to be heard. She spun around just in time as her husband grabbed her wrist, started pulling her towards the exit door in rush.  

 

 

" We have to get Jungkook! " 

 

 

They pushed the door fully open, revealing their frightened and shocked son. 

 

 

" We have to go now honey; we have to go NOW. " the panic in Alice's voice unmistakeable, scaring the child but he quietly obeyed.  

 

 

She held Jungkook in her arms and ran straight ahead in despair, the last thing she wants is her only son getting hurt.  

 

 

She can sense the chaos magic nearby. She can FEEL it. The overcrowding amount of chaos energy shook her to her very core and she struggled to stay calm, her brain unable to cope and keep up with the current situation. 

 

 

" Alice . " came Marco's desperate voice. He stopped her, she looked back at him with a confused expression. Marco handed her the bottle of Daedra Spirit, the thing they both swore to protect and keep hidden.  

 

 

" Alice, take this. They're too near, we can't all run away. We don't know how many of them there are, that is the reason why I can't go. I'll stay here and hold them off a bit, you run. Get to the safest place as soon as possible, protect the Spirit, and ... " He trailed off, the sob stuck tight in his chest and tears swelled up in his dark eyes.  

 

 

" Protect our son. " 

 

 

Those were Marco's last words. He pulled his wife and his son to his arms for a quick hug, the hug that can hold endless words. He loved them so, so much. The last thing he wants is to see them in the hands of the Chaos Gang, who's quickly approaching with every second that passes by.  

 

 

It hurts but he wants to protect them. 

 

 

Alice grabbed Marco's collar, pulling him closer, she couldn't stop the tears, she chewed the inside of her cheeks so hard to stop herself from screaming, screaming for her dear lover to stay. She felt so desperate and broken but knowing all too very this may be their last resort. 

 

 

She couldn't, just couldn't live with the thought of losing him, the person who never failed to bring smile back on her face during her darkest days, the only person she's ever loved besides Jungkook, the dear husband who would risk anything to bring peace and safety to her and Jungkook's world. 

 

 

The person who always cared for her, put his life at risk for her sake for countless times in a row.   

 

 

She wanted to hold his hands and tell him she'll never leave him, she'll always be on his side no matter what, even if it means death, maybe dying with him wouldn’t be the worst idea. 

 

 

But there's Jungkook, their dear son who's also sobbing on her shoulder quietly, she couldn't let him land on the hands of the cruellest people out there.  

 

 

There's no choice.  

 

 

" GO! Run Alice !! " Marco screamed. He broke the tight and warm embrace, pushed her towards the exit door and ran the opposite direction, towards danger, towards death – without even a moment of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter