Chapter 8

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 8 [/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] MARTIN LUTHER KING [/CONTENTID3]

 

 

[CONTENTID4]

 

 

Chaeyoung carefully placed a shaking hand on one of Jungkook’s tear stained cheeks and pulled him closer while she kissed him slowly and gently, at the same time transferring the limited amount of oxygen into his mouth. She closed her eyes as she repeated the action, tasting the bitterness of blood on his dry lips.

 

 

She finally relaxed her muscles as his breathing pace became evened after a short while, though her heart’s jumping wildly under her thin shirt. Jungkook’s frozen body finally moved as he tilted his head to the side for a better position as their lips moved in sync.

 

 

Chaeyoung’s the first to break apart even though she wanted nothing more than to taste him again. Her cheeks burned in a deep shade of red while her vision stayed unfocused. After a few seconds she finally looked up to meet his gaze. Jungkook’s no longer crying nor pushing her away, instead his deep, irresistible grey eyes stared into her soul that made her inside twirling with butterflies.

 

 

She didn’t know why she suddenly kissed him. Well, it’s definitely one part that her heart desires but another part is to help him with his panic attack. But how come she’s feeling so exposed and vulnerable right now ?? After the moment that she’d only dared to imagine happened ??

 

 

As for earlier, while Jungkook’s crying in pain, sitting there helplessly, she felt the wave of sadness hit her before she could even register the situation. She doesn’t know what he’s gone through, though she wished she’d know so she’ll be here to comfort him, to protect him. She realised Jungkook has never, under any circumstances, talked about himself before. He never once mentioned his past life nor his adopted parents.

 

 

Chaeyoung wanted to respect his privacy, she didn’t want to force him to talk about something that would send him so devastated like this. So she swallowed a bunch of unnecessary questions that she’d been wondering about ever since.

 

“ Are you okay ? “ Even she couldn’t recognise her unusual, high pitched voice right now.

 

 

Jungkook nodded, his hair sticking to his forehead due to the sweat that occasionally runs down his pale face.

 

 

“ Did Master Zynor do this to you ? “

 

 

“ No. “ His reply was a bit too quick.

 

 

“ It’s the people from the magic academy. They questioned me and when I refused to tell them the answer they’re looking for they put magic in me to force me to remember. “ Jungkook’s eyes once again flashed in fear and Chaeyoung thought she can see the lost, powerless boy from earlier.

 

 

“ But Master Zynor defended me. He tried to convince them not to do it but they wouldn’t listen. “ Jungkook spoke again, his voice barely a whisper.

 

 

“ It’s stupid for them to do that to you. They shouldn’t use their magic with such carelessness. “ Chaeyoung’s face hardened up as her insides grew angry, silently wishing these people would leave him alone.

 

 

“ Thank god you’re here. “ Jungkook’s sudden words made Chaeyoung blush again, she looked up and met his illegal stare that never fails to make her lightheaded. She saw genuine gratefulness and appreciation printed on his face as he placed a cold hand on top of hers.

 

 

A distant howl shook Chaeyoung to core as she lifted her head alertly while Jungkook’s hold of her hand got tighter. She observed the far side of the gloomy deep forest as hair stood up throughout her body.

 

 

The sun’s down to a semi-circle against the snowy mountains that both her and Jungkook are unaware of. Night time in the forest without the protection of their school’s energy field is unpredictable.

 

 

Chaeyoung forced her aching body to stand up as she placed her hands around Jungkook’s arm to help him up. She released her hold around the boy and as if his legs are made of sand he crashed to the ground almost instantly, resulting in a low groan and a muttered sorry. Jungkook tried to function his legs again but there’s no progress. Chaeyoung’s insides got more anxious when she heard multiple howls, this time closer. She knelt again and put one of Jungkook’s arms around her shoulders while standing up gradually, her legs shaking as she struggles to keep the posture with double the weight on her.

 

 

Chaeyoung cursed internally as the last wave of sunlight quietly dissolved from the forest, leaving her surroundings even darker and gloomier. She wrapped her arm around Jungkook’s back firmly when she began to stride forward, her legs almost giving up due to the pressure.

 

 

She can hear Jungkook’s heavy grunts which proofs that he’s trying his best to walk himself, but it doesn’t work. He’s almost leaning completely against her, failing to support himself as his legs refused to move an inch.

 

 

Fear washed over her as the day got darker in what seemed like seconds. She’s breathless even though they’ve barely moved forward, her heart pounding against her chest like a mini drum.

 

 

Chaeyoung took a big step forcefully and immediately fell forward, bringing Jungkook down with her. Her body slumped to the ground filled with crunchy leaves that somehow feels comfy. She didn’t want to get up again. Maybe she’ll die here, she just wants drop her eyelids and never wake up again. But she can’t. Not when Jungkook’s here desperate for her help.

 

 

So she forced her body to function again, trying her best to bring Jungkook back up as well when another wave of complete exhaustion hit her, making her dizzy. She tried to put his arm around her but this time, Jungkook refused to cooperate, he leaned himself away from her touch.

 

 

“ Just go Chaeyoung. There’s no way me and you can both make it back alive. The wolves are near, run before they take the both of us ! “ His sharp words made Chaeyoung’s insides twist painfully as her heart grew colder, she refused to believe him as he swatted her helping hands away, his lips moving but she can barely hear.

 

 

“ There’s no way I’m leaving you here. If you’re going I’m going, if you’re staying I’m staying !! “ Chaeyoung choose to yell at him right now, his shocked expression reflected her own. How can he speak such thing in this situation ? She’s determined to show him that she’ll never leave him out here to die, she’ll never put his life at risk for her own sake.

 

 

Jungkook knew Chaeyoung wouldn’t change her mind. So he tried his best to stand up with her help, together they moved much faster this time. The sky darkened completely and the only thing that keeps their path clear are the soft moon lights. Chaeyoung bit her bottom lip anxiously as she tried her best to retrace their tracks, but completely lost because there’s nothing but darkness ahead of them as they lose themselves in the crowds of lean trees and unclear memories.

 

 

Chaeyoung’s unaware of the direction they’re going as they stumbled and fell a couple of times, but the desire to make it out alive fuelled their bodies as they continued forward, even though Chaeyoung’s sure they might be going the total opposite direction of the school, they have no choice. Danger’s right behind them and all they need to do is get rid of them.

 

 

Chaeyoung was forced to increase their pace even more as the howling got nearer and nearer, Jungkook’s legs seemed to be working a little which made Chaeyoung more thankful than ever. She prayed to reach somewhere safer without wolves chasing them, she didn’t want to become their supper.

 

 

She’s unsure of how long they’ve been walking, but her energy’s been completely used up and every step she takes her body has to endure unbearable pains. She can tell Jungkook’s not as bad as her because he’s fitter, but after a while his breathing pace became short and hurried, just like her.

 

 

Their school’s still nowhere to be seen.

 

 

Chaeyoung’s heart skipped a beat when she turned around just in time to see the animal coated with grey fur not so far behind them. Wolves never hunt alone. She wasn’t surprised when a couple more appeared out of the shadows as well, their sharp teeths showing and dripping with saliva, their hunting expressions deepened with hunger, narrowed eyes glowing in the dark. She felt as if her blood is boiling inside as her legs almost give out.

 

 

“ Let’s hurry. “ Chaeyoung moved her legs forward more rapidly, while Jungkook trying his best not lean on her so much. They’re somehow going uphill which requires more energy they are unfortunately lacking right now. Both with their arms tightly wrapped around each other, they’re surprisingly moving faster but the wolves are still right behind them, Chaeyoung doesn’t even have to look back to know that they’re almost reaching them.

 

 

Chaeyoung thought about using her magic, but unfortunately her body’s too exhausted to even release the slightest spark.

 

 

The furious wind at night time almost blew them over, Chaeyoung half bent her body forward but kept going anyways. She turned and in that perfect moment a grey shadow jumped and bit her left foot which sends her squealing in shock, automatically trying to twist her foot out of the wolf’s tight bite, she felt no pain because of her shoe but the tremor is enough to send her jumping with fear. Jungkook tried to pull her away from the animal and at the same time she wriggled her foot out of her shoe as she ran with Jungkook in their fastest speed, not even having the time to breath out her relief.

 

 

Chaeyoung didn’t even think as she took another step forward, she didn’t feel the hard ground underneath her foot instead, she felt empty space as her whole leg sank down instantly, followed by a scream in horror. She clutched to Jungkook’s shirt and grabbed it for dear life, he automatically lifted her up as they both took a few steps back. Chaeyoung peeked forward and her heart stopped when she recognised what’s infront of her.

 

 

They’re on a cliff. Chaeyoung dared to look down and she couldn’t see anything but emptiness, a deep mist hung to the air directly below her.

 

 

This time she really felt hopeless. There’s no way they can make out of this alive. They have two options, jump down the cliff and die while splattered into a million pieces or stay here and be the wolves dinner.

 

 

Tears automatically filled her eyes as she looked to the boy beside her. As if he can read her mind, their hands automatically linked and their fingers intertwined, not letting go.

 

 

All wolves are directly behind them now, all of them forming a perfect killing semi-circle that’s gradually closing in. Their mouth twitching and their low growls terrifying. They’re all ready to jump and taste human flesh right now.

 

 

Jungkook paid no attention to the threatening animals as he gently swept his soft fingers across her face while tugging a strand of her loose hair behind her ear. He flashed her a tender smile. No words, no goodbye.

 

 

They both turned around and slowly they leaned forward until their feet lose balance and their bodies fall down the unknow deepness before the wolves can reach them.

 

 

The wolves stopped at the edge of the cliff, obliviously knowing better than jumping in with the two humans, but continuously howled again with regret at the loss of their precious prey.

 

 

 

--- ( ✽ ) ---

 

 

 

 

It was a long, terrifying and torturing fall. Chaeyoung’s mind stayed completely blank as her long hair jumped around her while constantly hitting her face. She can barely open her eyes as her body stayed unbalanced in the air before she sensed she’s near the ground. Chaeyoung felt complete fear and distress washed over her entire body as the nauseous feeling continued to build up within her.

 

 

She expected her body to hit the hard rock ground and die in a nasty way but instead, her skin came in contact with freezing cold fluid that knocked her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter