Chapter 3

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 3 [/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]  MARTIN LUTHER KING [/CONTENTID3]

 

 

[CONTENTID4] 

 

Chaeyoung bit her bottom lips as she unhurriedly paced back to her dorm, the image of today’s lesson refuses to leave her mind, she knows that it’s a process that shouldn’t be rushed and it would take some time. 

 

 

There’re just tinniest amounts of perhaps disappointment that raged behind her skull. It was the fact that many people in her class have achieved something she didn’t, even though it’s only their first lesson.  

 

 

The reason behind her stubbornness and high standards come from the fact that both her parents are excellent magicians and places high hopes in their only offspring, which is herself. Which in return adds to the piles of pressure that sits heavily upon her shoulders. 

 

 

Those stupid doubts and feelings taunted her as she opened the dorm door, telling her to stop being overdramatic but however, she had wanted to train more. 

  

  

She opened the door quickly and noticed Jennie sitting on the sofa of their common door, fluffy blanket covered her laps as she curled into a ball and was sipping a cup of tea, the steam from the drink made her nose a little red. 

  

  

The older girl looked up as she registered Chaeyoung stepping inside, she coughed several times as she looked away slightly.  

 

 

“ Um, sorry about this morning I probably should’ve talked in a more polite matter... “ Her words were barely a whisper as she looked extremely embarrassed, but it sent a wave of warmth into Chaeyoung’s heart.  

 

 

“ It’s okay Jennie. I’m also sorry for interrupting your sleeping, it’s just that I didn’t want you running late for class. “ Chaeyoung looked around with a relieved sign, at least they will probably get on better after today.  

  

  

She entered her room and flopped down on her bed, exhaustion took over her body as she gently messages her arms, which turned ever so stiff and sore after a whole day of staying in the same position.  

 

 

She looked outside the window of her dorm and realised it’s late evening, the Sun already making its way down the mountains but the last of its rays bathe everywhere around the scenery, shooting inside making her room look cosy as ever. She then heard several knocks on the door.   

  

  

“ Come in. “ Chaeyoung simply said, not even bothered to move a single muscle. 

  

  

“ Hey girl! “ It’s Lisa, this girl’s somehow still cheerful and happy after today’s training, Chaeyoung wished she could be like her more. “ You okay? You look exhausted. “ The younger girl came near her and also sat down on her bed. 

 

 

Chaeyoung rested her head on the other girl’s lap: “ I’m mostly just tired, thanks for coming here to keep me company. Also can you explain how you did your magic release today? I’m determined to get it right tomorrow. “ Chaeyoung asked, resting her eyes close.  

  

  

" Honestly it came as natural as waves against sand, it’s like a hidden power within me that awaits to be found. I was concentrating on myself, there were absolutely nothing at the beginning, but as I focused more and more on memories that has had impact on my life, there were suddenly lots of colours. Then I held on and I realised I did it. “ Lisa explained while looking up at the ceiling.  

  

 

“ Hmm.. “ Chaeyoung hummed as she tries to recall the technique she used.  

 

 

“ Also guess what? “ Lisa jumped suddenly that caused Chaeyoung’s head to fly upwards and land on her belly.  

 

 

“ You know Taehyung? When we parted to go back to our dorms he said “ bye cutie “ to me!! “ Lisa squealed like a delighted little girl going into the candy store.  

 

 

“ Oh my god. “ That instantly grabbed Chaeyoung’s attention as she sat up straight and stared at the younger girl with huge eyes. “ No way! He was trying to flirt with you Lalisa! “  

 

 

The orange haired girl giggled as she bit her bottom lip in an attempt to hide a huge grin, but failed miserably as she tried to act all serious and in denial again: “ Nah I think he was just joking... I mean why would he even... “ She was cut off by Chaeyoung pointing at her face with a knowing smirk.  

 

 

“ What? I got something on my face? “ Lisa asked in confusion. 

 

 

“ You’re blushing ! “ Chaeyoung laughed hysterically as she tickled Lisa while teasing her non-stop. “ Why are you blushing huh? Let me guess... You like tall and handsome Kim Taehyung? You have feelings for him right?  “  

 

 

“ No I don’t! Stop tickling me... “ Lisa squirmed and giggled as she flopped around Chaeyoung’s bed, both of their laughter filled the otherwise dark, silent night of the school with a hint of happiness. 

  

  

Then series of knocks came again that made both girls stop their dramatic movements. The knocks came from their dorm door, not Chaeyoung’s room door.  

 

 

“ I'll go get it. “ Chaeyoung got off her bed and walked to their common room before opening the door with no hesitation. The person standing in front of her was an unexpected guest however. 

  

  

It’s Jungkook. 

  

  

He managed a tiny bunny smile at the sight of her, which she gladly returned. She doesn’t know why but the sight of this boy always cheers her up, making her jumpier and more nervous than usual. 

  

  

“ What are you doing here at this time Jungkook ?’’ Chaeyoung asked, opening the door wider so she can see him better.  

  

  

He’s dressed in a simple over-sized grey hoodie with black jeans and runners. His hands tugged into each side of his hoodie and his hood is pulled over his head. 

  

  

“ Wanna come to the school garden for a walk with me? “ Jungkook asked straight forwardly, bringing the hood over his head down to reveal a bunch of soft fluffy cotton candy hair. 

  

  

Chaeyoung could hear Lisa’s obvious hiss at the back as she slowly turned to see the younger girl with her head poked out of her room. Lisa nodded several times while pointing at Jungkook, a grin reaching her ears as she did a thumbs up to Chaeyoung.  

  

  

She turned to face Jungkook again: “ I would love to. “ Before stepping out as they walked away from her dorm side by side. Chaeyoung wasn’t sure if it’s allowed to leave their dorm at this time of the day but that thought ceased to exist at the sight of Jungkook.  

  

  

“ So do you know the way there? “ Chaeyoung asked as they walked side by side, their shoulders occasionally bumping into each other, making Chaeyoung’s inside twirling with nervousness. 

  

   

“ I’m pretty sure I've memorised the way there, let’s just hope I don't just suddenly forget. “ He admitted while looking sideways at her.  

  

 

“ That’s pretty reckless of you Jungkook, “ She smiled innocently at him, “ Been thinking about bringing me out here since this morning have you? “  

 

 

He laughed while shaking his head, the honey-rich sound a pure enjoyment to Chaeyoung as she held her breath.  

 

  

" Says the one that practically jumped out at the sight of me. “ He continued the teasing while he gently bumped her shoulder with his.  

   

  

After a few more toss and turns, they made their way to an end with a scratched, old-looking wooden door there. Chaeyoung’s almost certain she couldn’t recognise this place. 

  

  

“ Um, Jungkook ? I’m pretty sure this isn’t the exit to the garden.  “ Chaeyoung whispered quietly.  

 

  

“ It’ll be no harm to try. “ Jungkook stepped forward and opened the door with a long dragging squeak, revealing a dark, spooky room. Chaeyoung’s hands automatically grabbed Jungkook’s arm. 

  

  

“ Let’s see what’s in there. “ Jungkook started to walk in, Chaeyoung have a bad feeling about this but she followed anyways, curiosity has taken a better hold of her that overcame any other rational thoughts. 

  

  

The further they walked into the room, the more breathless Chaeyoung becomes. A weird feeling engulfed her presence as she tried to get used to the pitch-black environment. 

  

  

Chaeyoung’s surprised by the great depth of this room. She thought it wouldn’t be this big but she’s wrong. After a minute, they're both inside a large cavern looking area and the only source of light was the unknown dim purple glow in the distance. 

  

  

" Maybe we should go now, I have a bad feeling about this. “ Jungkook whispered beside her, his voice startling her a little because of the way it sounded extra loud in this unusually quiet place. She nodded and they both headed back the direction they came from.  

 

  

“ Welcome to my humble abode. “  

  

  

Both of them literally jumped out of their skins at the sound of the strange voice. The raspy sound echoed inside this room in a way that sent a wave of shivers down her spine. 

  

 

A strong purple glow filled a part of the room up, enough for Chaeyoung to recognise her surroundings. The mysterious voice, not too far away from her and Jungkook, came from a cage down the end of the room. 

  

  

Inside was the dragon that attacked them this morning. 

  

  

It’s locked up in a large, rusty cage, still too small for the horrible creature. It’s curled up in the centre with huge, purple glow filled wings folded neatly at either side. 

  

 

A panic signal shot through her brain as she slowly backed away, telling herself not to panic, that the creature is locked up, but she still swallowed the lump in at the fact that it can talk. 

 

  

“ Oh don’t look at me like that, it’s been a while since the last time I’ve had guests here, to keep me company. “ The dragon talked again and Chaeyoung stared at its narrow, purple glow filled eyes.  

  

  

The dragon chuckled before it continued, “ You two are an interesting pair. You guys will most certainly make the Afrendarium an unforgettable place. “  

  

  

Chaeyoung tugged the corner of Jungkook’s sleeve. “ Let’s go Jungkook. “  

  

  

“ Leaving so soon? Come on you haven’t even spoken a word to me since you’ve rudely barged in! “ The dragon raised its voice as its teeth chattered together in an uncomfortable way.  

  

  

That’s it, whatever this creature’s intentions are they need to leave. The pair grabbed each other’s arms simultaneously for support while starting to back out, carefully navigating their surroundings at the same time. 

  

  

The dragon stayed silent and the next, its eyes glowed even brighter and fiercer in a crimson red purple colour, Chaeyoung closed her eyes immediately, not used to the light but she felt Jungkook drifting towards the dragon.  

   

  

“ Jungkook ? “  

  

  

“ Come to me, boy. “ The dragon ordered.  

  

  

And Jungkook did so. His body not listening to his mind as he strolled forward without even hesitating. 

  

  

Chaeyoung panicked as she wrapped her arms around Jungkook’s waist, attempting to drag the boy away from the dragon. It’s like they’re playing a game a tug-of-war, with Jungkook being the rope. However her strength is no comparison to the dragon as she felt her feet dragged forward along the floor but she refuses to give up.  

 

 

“ Jungkook, wake the hell up! Don’t go any further! “ Chaeyoung shouted, immediately regretting coming into this room. 

  

  

Jungkook’s face is now an inch away from the metal cage, his eyes pitch black, the dragon inhaled deeply with satisfaction. 

  

  

“ Haven’t tasted this power in a long time … “ The dragon exhaled sharply, causing Jungkook to fly back in a split moment, slamming Chaeyoung onto the ground as well with a painful thud. 

  

  

“ What the hell was that… “ Jungkook groaned while he rested a hand on his forehead. Chaeyoung pulled him on his feet, both of them clinging onto each other. 

  

  

The dragon released a dark fireball straight forward without a warning, within a split second Jungkook pulled Chaeyoung to the side before she could even realise what’s happening. 

  

 

He grabbed her hand and both of them sprinted towards the door in full speed, not daring to look back. 

  

---( ✽ )--- 

  

His breath hitched inside his chest as he pulled Chaeyoung out of the room while slamming the wooden door close. This action caused a layer of dust to explode everywhere but at least they're safe now.  

 

  

Earlier on he felt as if the dragon had somehow dominated him, the hypnotizing power overwhelming but he was vulnerable enough to allow full control over his mind. 

  

  

He’s out of breath, panting heavily, his eyes half closed. He remembered how Chaeyoung had put her arms around him, preventing him from going any fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter