Chapter 17

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 17 [/CONTENTID1] 

 

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2] 

 

 

[CONTENTID3]  MARTIN LUTHER KING  [/CONTENTID3] 

 

[CONTENTID4] 

 

It took her a few slow moments to digest her father’s words. He half whispered those words but it rang against her skull like the giant bell in churches. After the initial shock the feeling of confusion slowly sank in, she met her parent’s gazes but they looked away immediately, different emotions that she couldn’t make out of appeared on their faces.  

 

 

“ Wait.. What do you mean dad? “ She finally asked and the atmosphere somehow tensed and froze, making her more uneasy and nervous.  

 

 

“ This is what we need to talk to you about Chaeyoung. “ Mr Park paused and signed deeply, as if he would do anything except for telling her whatever he wanted to say.  

 

 

“ You need to know about the marriage contract between you and Jaehyun. “  

 

 

---( ✽ )---    

 
 

 

Jungkook was assigned the task of helping Jaehyun familiarise with the surroundings of their school and bringing him back to his dorm. The walked slowly while he explained the essential areas where the First Years spent most of their time in, pointing around and even bought him back to the infirmary to meet Master Artemis if Jaehyun ever gets injured.  

 

 

Jungkook wasn’t as awkward and stiff as he thought he’d be. They made light talks and shared gossips along the way, he thought maybe Jaehyun would be a cool friend to hang around with, although he kept thinking back to the moment when Chaeyoung and Jaehyun were together earlier, something seemed off but Jungkook can’t make out what exactly. 

 

 

He couldn’t help but observe Jaehyun at the corner of his eye, silently comparing himself to him for absolutely no reason. Jaehyun has a tall and slim body structure, his eyes seem to be glittering all the time and he has thin lips with a defined, sharp jawline. He sure is good looking and the girls in their school would probably all fan girl and drool over him.  

 

 

“ Are you Park Chaeyoung’s friend? “ Jaehyun suddenly blurted when Jungkook was lost in his own thoughts.  

 

 

“ Em … “ Jungkook hummed slightly, wondering why he would ask this question out of nowhere, contemplating whether not he should reveal their relationship to a stranger. His protective boyfriend instinct kicked in and just when he was about to say that Chaeyoung is his girlfriend Jaehyun interrupted.  

 

 

“ Sorry for asking this irrelevant question. “ He smiled and stopped, Jungkook realised they’re already in front of Jaeyhun's dorm. “ Thank you for this brilliant tour Jungkook, it’s nice meeting you. “ Jaehyung stepped through the door and closed it behind him after saying goodbye to Jungkook.  

 

 

Jungkook doesn’t know if it was his hallucination when he saw the friendly smile disappear instantly from Jaehyun’s face before he shut the door completely. 

 

---( ✽ )---    

 

“ What marriage? What do you mean dad ? Can you please explain - “ Chaeyoung tried to remain as calm as possible while she evened her breath, her heart picked up its pace as she felt weak everywhere, her lips dry and her mind refusing to digest those words properly.  

 

 

“ We understand how you feel right now, it was a difficult decision but we did it to save your life. There was no other way. “ Her mum spoke gently while lightly caressing her back for comfort.  

 

 

“ Listen to me Chaeyoung. “ Her father looked directly at her with an intense frown. “ Back to the night that I saved Jungkook, I tried to rush home as quickly as possible, because there’s finally a single trace of hope after months of nothing but pain and darkness. I held Jungkook’s hand and led him into the entrance of our mansion. “  

 

 

“ A shadow appeared and before I could react, someone had snatched Jungkook in lightning-fast speed. I was exhausted and my reflexes were all too slow as I was drained to the brim. The person standing in front of me with his hand on Jungkook’s neck was Jeong Jaehyun’s father – Jeong Jungho. “  

 

 

“ I was surprised at first as I considered his family as an ally. But by the looks of things I knew immediately he came for another reason...  “  

 

 

Flashback:  

 

“ What’s this all about Jungho? “ Mr Park bit his bottom lip with impatience as time ticked by, he’s eager to save his daughter and doesn’t wish to waste any more time.  

 

 

“ I see this child somehow has the precious Daedra Spirit. “ Jungho smirked as he slowly tightened his large hand that’s wrapped around Jungkook’s neck, completely ignoring the little child’s struggle to breath.  

 

 

“ Let’s make a deal Mr.Park. If you agree this child and the Daedra Spirit is all yours, but if you disagree, I’m afraid violence is my only answer. “  

 

 

“ Is it really necessary to drag a vulnerable child into this mess Jungho? Did you forget about our alliance? “ Mr.Park spit out each word with disgust and rage, his fist slowly curling and tightening beside him. 

 

 

“ Oh I see what you’re doing. Do you really think you can beat me right now? After you’ve absolutely drained yourself to the point that I can barely detect any magic remaining within you? Do you really want to risk it? “ Jungho laughed confidently, his sight shifting from Jungkook to Mr.Park slowly.  

 

 

Mr Park charged without answering, he knew in order to shut the man up violence is the only way, violence is the only universal language in the world he survives in.  

 

 

Jungho threw Jungkook in the air and locked the small child in a magical cage effortlessly and also shot towards Mr.Park. Two strong forces moulded together as the place exploded immediately, the roof of the large entrance seemed to shook under such strong forces.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter