Chapter 12

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]     Chapter 12   [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]     Only in the darkness can you see the stars   [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]   MARTIN LUTHER KING   [/CONTENTID3]

 

 

 

[CONTENTID4] 

 
 

All around him are whispers and stares, all around him people shoot judging and disgusted looks that stabs his heart every time. Even though a tiny thought inside him repeats itself every time to tell him that he didn’t kill the girl, he still feels like a murderer. As if everyone around him has already locked him up inside an invisible cage. Also, it probably makes sense, he’s the only chaos magician in this school, who else? They have the right to suspect him.  

 

 

Sweat drops glide down the side of his face as he swallows hard, his throat dry, his palms sweaty. The dead girl’s horrid, empty eyes staring straight through him, sending a wave of shiver down his back. Jungkook can see the hesitating look on Master Zynor’s face, and the heart-breaking cries from the dead girl’s boyfriend, who hovers over her limp body, his back to Jungkook with occasional shivers along with a desperate sob. 

 

 

People pointing at him, whispering about him, not hiding the disgust and horrid in their eyes. The air around him suddenly got hot and intense, his palms sweaty but cold, his brain dizzy. His mind somehow connected this scene with what had happened years ago, how he and his mother were also surrounded by danger, unable to escape. 

 

 

Calm down Jungkook, just calm down.... His brain repeated these words over and over again, going against his body’s wills when all of the sudden he heard loud gasps from the crowd around him, the sound of panicked shuffles and footsteps filled the space. His mind snapped right back when he noticed his hands covered with dark chaos flames, he’d released magic without himself even realizing it.  

 

 

He was just about to shut his magic when a gold spark, quick as light, trapped his hands. He felt a sharp stab of pain and the darkness evaporated into thin air almost instantly. He looked up and met Master Zynor’s unreadable eyes, his heart drop when he sees a hint of doubt in the man’s eyes.  

 

 

“ Hell, it’s him!! That boy is a ing chaos magician, I've also seen it with my own eyes before! He obliviously killed Jessica with his dirty magic, he’s a monster! “ A boy’s frightening scream pierced through the air that silenced everyone, the crowd gasped in horror as the empty circle around him grew even larger while everyone backs away from him, all except one girl. 

 

 

“ Jungkook was with me throughout the entire dance so there’s no way he could’ve killed that girl ! “  Chaeyoung’s volume was louder and stronger, this time full of confidence that showed how much she cared about him, how she’s on his side no matter what happens.  

 

 

“ Silence !! “  Master Zynor’s powerful voice cut through everyone’s intense whispers and arguments, “ No one’s making any sort of predictions before we find any evidence !! “  

 

 

“ The rest of this Christmas celebration will be cancelled and everyone make your way back to your dorms, there will be individual questioning happening tomorrow about this. Jeon Jungkook and Park Chaeyoung stay behind. The school will be shut down until we find out what happened! “ Master Johns spoke up as the crowd scattered, students backing away and hurry back to their rooms, many girls sobbing and crying in fright. 

 

 

Jungkook felt a hand on his shoulder as he looked up and met Jimin and Taehyun’s concerning eyes, his friend gave him a tiny squeeze as they also made their way back to their dorms, the same goes for Jennie and Lisa after they gave Chaeyoung a tight hug.  

 

 

Over on the other side the young lad is still crying on the ground, his white shirt stained wet with his tears, the room filled with his desperate cries, as if trying to wake the girl on the ground that will never wake again. All the masters knelt beside the girl while Master Artemis wiped the corner of her eye quietly. Jungkook doesn't know why but he felt a pang of guilt hitting his heart. 

 

 

“ It must be you!! “ A deafening roar exploded as Jungkook felt a strong grip around his collar that pulled him down, seconds later he met a boy’s light brown eyes, glistening with tears, his face crumpled with anger. “ How could you? What has she ever done to you? “ The boy managed to choke out a furious sob.  

 

 

The boy was pulled away by Master Zynor before Jungkook could respond, “Calm down Ryan. I promise you I will find out who killed Jessica. “ 

 

 

--- ( ✽ ) --- 

 

 

Chaeyoung and Jungkook were later brought to Master Zynor’s office for questioning about this incident.  

 

 

“ Jungkook, tell me honestly, is it you ? “ Master Zynor asked through a deep sign, his fingers messaging his temple.  

 

 

“ I swear I didn’t do it. I don’t know the girl and I’ve never spoken to her before... I was also in the school garden when she got killed. “  Jungkook answered slowly, he was careful when choosing his words, his voice thick and deep.  

 

 

Master Zynor is staring straight into Jungkook’s eyes, “ Were you with him this entire time Chaeyoung ? “  

 

 

“ Yes Master Zynor. I was with Jungkook this entire time, after the dance we went to the school garden, that’s when we heard the scream and ran up to the room. “  She answered without hesitating, she wants to prove Jungkook innocent more than anyone else, she hates it when people automatically think he’s the murderer even though he’d done nothing. 

 

 

 “ It is clear that Jessica was killed by chaos magic, it was all around her body when we got there. Right now, you are the main suspect, Jungkook, as you are the only student that’s able to control chaos magic. There’s another possibility, someone might’ve gone past our protecting shield and got into the school, but there’s no prove for that yet. I’m sorry but you’ll have to stay in the cell where you’ll be under watch 24 hours. If it really isn’t you don’t worry. You will be released once we find evidence that can prove your innocence. “  

 

 

Jungkook signed, but nodded in agreement.  

Chaeyoung doesn’t want him to go. She wants to hold his hands and comfort him; she wants to tell him everything is fine. But now he’s going to be locked up, all alone even though he didn’t do anything. That thought alone angers Chaeyoung, and she’s also angry at herself for not being able to help him. 

 

 

She was broken off her thoughts when a cold hand rested on top of hers, gently caressing her skin as if comforting her. She looked up, meeting Jungkook’s warm, ash grey eyes. She automatically placed her other free hand on top of his, not wanting to let go. She wants to rest on his shoulders, she wants to stay with him. 

 

 

“ Don’t worry. “ His voice a deep, gentle whisper even after what had happened,  “ I will be okay. “ 

 

 

Before she have a chance to reply he stood up and walked out along with Master Zyno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter