Chapter 4

♛ 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖚𝖒 ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 4 [/CONTENTID1]

 

 

[CONTENTID2] Only in the darkness can you see the stars. [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]  MARTIN LUTHER KING [/CONTENTID3]

 

[CONTENTID4]

 

Confusion was the initial feeling that sank inside him as soon as he heard Master Zynor’s words. He felt himself sitting up straight and staring at the man with wide open eyes. 

  

  

" What do you mean? “ 

 

 

“ While you were training you were triggered by something unexpected, and the unstable emotional influence had caused you to release your chaos magic, which I don’t know how it remains inside your body or where it comes from since it’s the darkest, most dangerous magic known in history. “ Master Zynor patiently explained while carefully observing Jungkook. 

 

 

“ I have discussed this topic with head Master Johns and we concluded that the reason why it took you so long to achieve your magic release was because your true power, like other students from your class has been restricted due to the hidden chaos power within you. It has remained within you for a long time and it became a part of you, preventing you from releasing your real magic. “  

 

 

“ You were able to release the chaos magic because it becomes a lot more active here in the Afrendarium, because of the higher magical components and energy concentration inside the school, thus increasing the probability of you releasing the chaos magic. Hence why you didn’t know it existed before you came here. “  

  

  

The man signed deeply and looked exhausted to the brim: “ Jungkook. I know this must be shocking and a lot for you to take in right now, just take your time and relax. As long as we help you train and control your chaos magic so it wouldn't harm any other students, you’ll be fine for now. “   

 

  

“ I suggest you not to tell anyone right now, me and the other masters will be discussing this topic in more detail later on. The last thing we need is to scare other students in the school and to start a false rumour and such. Plus we’ve never had a chaos magician in our school before, however it’ll be alright for you to train…. “  

  

  

Master Zynor waffled on but the sound was immune to Jungkook as he completely blanked out. He has the chaos magic, a type of deep matter force which belongs to the members of the Chaos Gang only. But how?? Why him?? He felt his throat tightening and squeezing as he practically choked out the next few words.  

 

  

“ No, Master Zynor, “ He stared at the man with a hardened expression, “ this must be a misunderstanding. How would I have the chaos magic? I think you must be mistaken can you please check me over again? Plus my family... “   

  

 

 Jungkook trailed off as he felt his breath hitch inside his throat. Master Zynor stopped talking, dark brows furrowed as he stared at Jungkook and seemed to consider the boy’s last words. 

  

   

“ What did you say about your family Jungkook? Is there something I need to know about your family history or background that may possibly be related to this? “   

  

 

Jungkook’s hands started shaking violently as he tries his best to push the unwanted, sickening images away from his mind. No. He thought to himself. Now is not the time. His hands travelled upwards and rested on his head. 

 

 

The man seems to realise how uncomfortable he looked and decided to stop pushing further, and Jungkook wanted to thank him for that.  

 

 

“ Get some rest boy. “ Master Zynor patted his slumping shoulders. “ We can talk about this later. “  

  

--- ( ✽ ) --- 

  

A part of Jungkook wanted to spill everything that has rested on his mind ever since the death of his biological parents, he needed someone to listen, to understand, not interrupt or glare at him with pitying eyes, he doesn’t need any of that. 

  

  

Another part of him knew damn well he could not handle all this. It felt like tearing open a slowly healed wound and pour salt into it, the throbbing pain and fear, utter fear of remembering plays a major role of preventing him from talking about his past. 

 

 

He despises himself for being so weak and vulnerable when it comes to this topic, he hated the constant troubling nightmare and sleepless nights, he hated embarrassing himself in front of everyone while having panic attacks. He wished he had the courage to stand up against this memory, he didn’t want it becoming more and more of a problem for the rest of his life. 

  

  

But how is he supposed to accept the fact that he’s a chaos magician? The first ever case to be heard within this ancient magic school. Jungkook looked down at his palm, observing every crease but even that’s becoming unbearable, his hands have the capability to release chaos magic - 

  

  

The same type of magic that mercilessly killed his parents. 

  

  

Strange feelings shot through him as he buried his head between his knees, wishing he would just forget everything, forget those distant pasts, live a normal live the way he wanted it to.  

 

 

The question that has also been troubling him was where the hell did this type of magic come from? Surely it couldn’t be inherited nor transferred – however he’s sure it’s got connections with the day his parents were killed, but the details of what had happened was a blur on his mind. 

  

  

A small part of him was happy for the situation to remain like this, perhaps knowing the truth would put even more pressure and anxiety into his already damaged heart, and he fears if that’ll be the last push to break the straw. 

 

 

His thoughts travelled back to the previous week when he was hypnotised by the dragon when him and Chaeyoung searched for the school garden, and the way that dragon inhaled and said ‘ haven’t tasted this power in a long time.. ‘ could it be referring to his chaos magic? Was it able to detect this dark magic back then?  

 

  

A warm and gentle hand on his shoulder interrupted his thoughts as he uncovered his face with sweaty palms, what had entered his sight was a pair of gorgeous but concerning grey eyes, followed by twirls of strawberry blonde hair falling gracefully around Chaeyoung’s sides. 

   

  

She’s looking at him with a gentle and caring smile plastered across her pale face. The soft tint on her figure hasn’t faded even the slightest as they locked eyes, for whatever reason, Jungkook felt like she understands how he feels, she understands his fears and struggles, despite not knowing anything. 

  

  

Jungkook had just realised how much he craved for company, how much he needed someone to put their arms around him to show that they care, to show that he isn’t alone in this fight. And park Chaeyoung has come to his rescue – once again. He doesn’t know how to express his gratitude and he wanted to let the girl know how much he appreciates her. 

  

  

Their hands interlocked and she pulled him off his feet, he felt the warmth of her smaller hands as he held on, not wanting to separate as he squeezed her slim fingers gently. 

  

  

They walked back to his dorm in silence. Chaeyoung walking slightly more to the front as he followed right behind her, their hands still locked as Jungkook feel true comfort and relaxation hit his soft spot. Her hair bounces off her shoulders and with every elegant step she takes, a fresh wave of flowery scent hit his nose once again every now and then, making him go crazy. 

  

  

They walked along without saying a word. This isn’t the awkward, uncomfortable atmosphere he’d experienced before; this isn’t the dangerous and deafening silence he despised whenever he’s alone in the dark, this feels comfortable and soothing, the peace he longed for and he appreciates her for allowing this to happen. 

  

  

His dorm door cracked open as the pair entered swiftly, Jimin and Taehyung are still not back yet, which relaxed Jungkook a little because he doesn’t know what to say to them after being told the truth. 

  

  

Jungkook watched Chaeyoung with the end of his lips curled upwards without him even realising it. She’s looking around the common room, taking in the unfamiliar surrounding like a little child in a supermarket. 

  

  

“ Chaeyoung. “ Jungkook was surprised by his own hoarse and dry voice and he coughed a few times to adjust it. 

  

  

She turned around and hummed in response. 

  

  

“ Thank you. “ Despite everything loaded on his chest and many words he wanted to tell, that’s all he manages to say in the end. 

  

  

" I just want you to feel better. “ Sweet as honey words bounced off her as she walked slightly closer. 

  

  

“ I thought you would ask me about what Master Zynor said. “ Jungkook asked, because he thought curiosity was a normal part of human nature, he was sure she’d ask but she didn’t breathe a word. 

  

  

“ I didn’t want to ask you anything because you’re already upset about it. If you’re ready, I’ll be here to listen. But if you don’t want to talk about it, I won’t push. I just don’t want to force you to talk about anything that you’re uncomfortable with.” She talked with certainty while staring straight through him, his insides twirled with butterflies the more she looks. 

  

  

“ You’re amazing, Chaeyoung. I’ve never had a … friend, like you before. “ Jungkook replied, slightly shocked at the way he hesitated at the word as his face slowly burned. 

  

  

Jungkook chewed his bottom lip as his heart picks up its pace. He didn’t want to hide anything from the girl standing in front of him, he trusts her with all his heart and the mere presence of her he found comforting.  

  

  

“ Chaeyoung. “ He attempted to swallow the lump down his throat as his voice wavered. 

  

  

“ Back in the infirmary, Master Zynor told me that I have chaos magic. “ The last part came out as barely a whisper but he’s surprised he didn’t stutter once. However, he regretted those words as soon as they escaped his lips.  

 

 

He didn’t dare looking directly at her face. He’s terrified of the emotions he might find there; he fears a disgusted and horrified expression, followed by her running away from him, from a monster. His fingertips grew even colder at the thought as his heart pounded against his shirt. 

   

  

“ I have always believed that chaos magic isn’t evil on its own but people always thought the same thing whenever they hear the word. “ She sounded calm and collected. 

 

 

“ The truth is always behind the person who controls it - those type of magicians with this sort of magic. If they want to use its strong components to do damage, to control others and to kill, then this magic is pure evil. However if someone is willing to use it against the enemy, to protect themselves and to shield many others from the evil, then this type of magic is nothing but kindness and hope for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter