Chapter 9

Stockholm Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Her mind was in haze. She didn’t know what was happening but with the siren ringing in her ears, she fought her tiredness and opened her eyes to see she was surrounded by police and ambulance. Her body was once again lifted up to another surface, she lifted her eyes slightly seeing bright lights and she no longer felt breeze, she was in a building. Her body was being poked by a needle her nose and were covered, she could breathe properly now. She out.

“Ji Eun-ah, my baby”, she woke up to a familiar voice. she smiled, thinking that she was probably dead, in heaven but she could feel the pain from the needle in her hand. She wasn’t dead. Her vision was blurry at first, still adjusting to the bright lights. Once it gets clearer, she saw her parent, her supposedly parent. She offered a smile, seeing them crying. She couldn’t tell whether it was a happy tears or sad tears, maybe both. Her mother began her hair, constantly repeating how much she missed her and loved her.

Ji Eun’s throat were still in pain, she needed water. Maybe it wasn’t a week after the almost incident since the scars along her wrist were still slightly red and still burnt every time she swallowed her saliva. It could just have been days. She could still feel her stomach area hurt from all the whipping and beating she had received. She tried talking to her parents, more of a whisper since her voice sounded like torture. Her parents accompanied her for quite a few hours still the door was knocked, revealing two police officers. They moved into the room inviting another man who looked pretty normal but obvious that he was also one of the officer, maybe detective based on his attire.

“Miss Lee Ji Eun, if you don’t mind. We would like to inquire you on what had been happening to you, is it okay?’, the detective asked after introducing himself. Ji Eun nodded, rather weakly. Detective Cho bombarded her with all the question. He had said they received a call from a man saying he found the missing girl, Ji Eun. Ji Eun told him they were two men involved, knowing m purposely set this up to free her. She was somehow thankful but doesn’t mean she didn’t hate him. She further told the detective that there were two girls, whom he showed her the picture to confirm. She was informed that she was held captive for almost five months.

“Would you describe the place for me, Miss Ji Eun?”

“Out-outside was forest, not a thick one. Roads were still visible in the forest. The house was not that small but it has a lot of rooms. The road was rocky. Definitely isolated. I... I think that is all I remember”, she ended the inquiring session. The detective thanked her and wished her ‘get well soon’, as well as he will get in touch with her soon for more confirmation and interrogation. She nodded. The detective thought it was weird that Ji Eun didn’t cry, in fact she was calmed when he was asking what they did to her and when she described the men involved. It was sort of like she wasn’t traumatized or she was too numb but she was clearly badly injured. He didn’t know.

With her parents coming in and out to be with her all the time, her health became better as her appetite was getting better. Her mother would cook all her favourite food and she would ignore eating the hospital food. She can speak normally now, as in her voice were okay and didn’t sounded like torture. It could be seen that both the parents and Ji Eun were forgetting what had happened before her kidnapped incident and were focusing to be happy together as a family.

 It has been over two weeks and she was finally out of the hospital. She smelled her room, she missed the smell. Before, when she was in the hospital, the detective came back to see her and showed her two familiar faces, the double J. They had caught them, finally. However, the officers did inquire whether there was more than two alliances and she denied it. Ji Eun was delighted to hear they were sentenced to be prisoned. She went back down to see her parents. She had thought a lot what had been happening with them and she needed to talk about it. “Mom, dad?”, she asked softly seeing them in the kitchen, her mother was making pancakes while her father was reading the newspaper, sipping his tea once in a while. Her mother replied with a hmm while serving all the pancakes she cooked on the table. Her father stopped read

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter